or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1391

post #20851 of 21766
I checked with G&G earlier this week and they told me that apart from those listed in the online shop, they also have the following new RTW models which are eligible for the 10% discount:

Kensington vintage oak GG06
Cambridge vintage cedar GG06
Connaught criollo patina TG73
Bocastle polo or mole suede TG73

But the discount is only valid till this week. So better place the order today.
post #20852 of 21766
Hey guys,

Can I get some sizing advice? For those here that wear Carmina and G&G, what sizes do you wear for each? Or more specifically, if you have a carmina and a G&G in the same marked size, can you measure them for me? Want to determine what size G&G would work best, and whether there's large variation in their marked sizes.

Thank you!
post #20853 of 21766

Anyone have some experience on how deco fts for wider feet?  I'm a 10F in MH71 with an insteep piece,

post #20854 of 21766
Gentlemen,

I'm considering taking advantage of Gaziano & Girling's Brexit special, leaning towards this Vintage Rioja Westbury and the Connaught Criollo.

Any owners of the Westbury here? I've never owned a wholecut before. Apart from tailored clothing, do these work with khakis/polos, or even jeans?

As far as the Connaughts in Criollo (those do qualify also!), not sure I need a third pair of Connaughts to keep the Rioja and Pine company, and the patina may be too much for me. @TtownMD, what do you think of the Criollo patina (you got these ones right?)? Have you had a chance to wear them, and if so, with what? Thanks dudes...
post #20855 of 21766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily Amused View Post

Gentlemen,

I'm considering taking advantage of Gaziano & Girling's Brexit special, leaning towards this Vintage Rioja Westbury and the Connaught Criollo.

Any owners of the Westbury here? I've never owned a wholecut before. Apart from tailored clothing, do these work with khakis/polos, or even jeans?

As far as the Connaughts in Criollo (those do qualify also!), not sure I need a third pair of Connaughts to keep the Rioja and Pine company, and the patina may be too much for me. @TtownMD, what do you think of the Criollo patina (you got these ones right?)? Have you had a chance to wear them, and if so, with what? Thanks dudes...
In all honesty I have two Connaught they look awesome in picture & they are but two is more than enough unless it's a must have for you I am adding burnham lol on my 2nd pair & st James 2 polo suede 3rd pair lol for burnham it's bargain & must have for wholecut Chelsea boot
post #20856 of 21766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily Amused View Post

Gentlemen,

I'm considering taking advantage of Gaziano & Girling's Brexit special, leaning towards this Vintage Rioja Westbury and the Connaught Criollo.

Any owners of the Westbury here? I've never owned a wholecut before. Apart from tailored clothing, do these work with khakis/polos, or even jeans?

As far as the Connaughts in Criollo (those do qualify also!), not sure I need a third pair of Connaughts to keep the Rioja and Pine company, and the patina may be too much for me. @TtownMD, what do you think of the Criollo patina (you got these ones right?)? Have you had a chance to wear them, and if so, with what? Thanks dudes...

When I first saw the Connaught in Criollo patina, I was kind of "wow" and thought they were the ones I should buy with the current promotion. But then after a few more look at the photos, I start to think it's a bit too much...

I would pick the Westbury, especially if you haven't owned any wholecut. The stitches around the lace make them subtly interesting and uniqued enough, though I won't pair them with Khakis or jeans. And since you already have two pairs of Connaught, you can always get you vintage pine ones for a patina work done by G&G at your desired colours later.
post #20857 of 21766
^^^^agree totally whole cut are good to add and you should add them
post #20858 of 21766
I have a pair of Westbury's and only wear them with suits or odd trousers/jackets. It is not a style for jeans or chinos in my view.
post #20859 of 21766
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry2000 View Post

I have a pair of Westbury's and only wear them with suits or odd trousers/jackets. It is not a style for jeans or chinos in my view.
I agree I have Sinatra & burnham suits & dress pants only.
post #20860 of 21766
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

In all honesty I have two Connaught they look awesome in picture & they are but two is more than enough unless it's a must have for you I am adding burnham lol on my 2nd pair & st James 2 polo suede 3rd pair lol for burnham it's bargain & must have for wholecut Chelsea boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

^^^^agree totally whole cut are good to add and you should add them

Thanks for the input, Ttown. I'm leaning towards the Westbury pair. We'll see.

With the Brexit deal, did you also get a 10% discount on the shoe trees also, or was it only for the shoes?
post #20861 of 21766
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmw View Post

When I first saw the Connaught in Criollo patina, I was kind of "wow" and thought they were the ones I should buy with the current promotion. But then after a few more look at the photos, I start to think it's a bit too much...

I would pick the Westbury, especially if you haven't owned any wholecut. The stitches around the lace make them subtly interesting and uniqued enough, though I won't pair them with Khakis or jeans. And since you already have two pairs of Connaught, you can always get you vintage pine ones for a patina work done by G&G at your desired colours later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry2000 View Post

I have a pair of Westbury's and only wear them with suits or odd trousers/jackets. It is not a style for jeans or chinos in my view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

I agree I have Sinatra & burnham suits & dress pants only.

Alright, thanks for the advice on how to wear the Westburies (and wholecuts in general). Fortunately, I'm stocked with tailored stuff, perhaps begging for a versatile burgundy whole cut shoe...
post #20862 of 21766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily Amused View Post


Thanks for the input, Ttown. I'm leaning towards the Westbury pair. We'll see.

With the Brexit deal, did you also get a 10% discount on the shoe trees also, or was it only for the shoes?
Nope but it's lasted red color so you can't go wrong get discount only on shoes. But I recommend getting there shoe tree highly
post #20863 of 21766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily Amused View Post



Alright, thanks for the advice on how to wear the Westburies (and wholecuts in general). Fortunately, I'm stocked with tailored stuff, perhaps begging for a versatile burgundy whole cut shoe...
Yea brother you should be good with whole cut with your eidos stuff !!
post #20864 of 21766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily Amused View Post



Alright, thanks for the advice on how to wear the Westburies (and wholecuts in general). Fortunately, I'm stocked with tailored stuff, perhaps begging for a versatile burgundy whole cut shoe...

Would you consider Carmina Burgundy cordovan wholecut in Rain last? The last is not as dressy as GG and the material makes them a bit more casual to be paired with jeans and chino.
post #20865 of 21766
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmw View Post

Would you consider Carmina Burgundy cordovan wholecut in Rain last? The last is not as dressy as GG and the material makes them a bit more casual to be paired with jeans and chino.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll aim for the G&G wholecut.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)