or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 14

post #196 of 21777
I popped into the San Francisco trunk show today to have a look at the Deco range. I was able to meet Dean in person, and since all the display shoes were in my size I took advantage of his presence for him to assess my fit. My only G&G pair (Burlington, TG73 in vintage rioja) already fit great, yet Dean suggested they could put in a bit more arch support and raise my foot to great a bit more gap in the facing and plant my right foot (a bit smaller than my left) squarely into the heel. I'll email Nick to get these modifications incorporated into my 6-7 pairs currently in process.

It was terrific to finally be able to see the range of shoes, as well as the colors. Vintage cedar and vintage pine both look wonderful in the flesh, and both colors will make their way into future orders. Finally, as beautiful and well-made as the Deco shoes are, I find them a bit too aggressive for me. I took a few comparison shots side-by-side with the TG73, which is probably as aggressive as I would go. Hopefully those shots will allow people to judge for themselves.













post #197 of 21777
^If this thread has been G&G shoe porn, THAT is a G&G shoe gangbang.
post #198 of 21777
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat View Post
What color are those two shoes in the middle (the brogue and the split toe derby to its left)? are they both vintage oak?
post #199 of 21777
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyare View Post
What color are those two shoes in the middle (the brogue and the split toe derby to its left)? are they both vintage oak?

The brogue is the Burlington in vintage rioja, the split toe is the Howe in vintage oak. I really liked the look of the Howe on the MH71 and am amending my order.
post #200 of 21777
post #201 of 21777
I don't get it, they look like TF shoes to me.
post #202 of 21777
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post
I don't get it, they look like TF shoes to me.

While an unpopular opinion around here, i agree. I dont really like the styling at all.
post #203 of 21777
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat View Post




I love the point of the Deco last. Can't wait to see them in person.

Is the papworth a whole cut?
post #204 of 21777
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat View Post
I popped into the San Francisco trunk show today to have a look at the Deco range. I was able to meet Dean in person, and since all the display shoes were in my size I took advantage of his presence for him to assess my fit. My only G&G pair (Burlington, TG73 in vintage rioja) already fit great, yet Dean suggested they could put in a bit more arch support and raise my foot to great a bit more gap in the facing and plant my right foot (a bit smaller than my left) squarely into the heel. I'll email Nick to get these modifications incorporated into my 6-7 pairs currently in process.

It was terrific to finally be able to see the range of shoes, as well as the colors. Vintage cedar and vintage pine both look wonderful in the flesh, and both colors will make their way into future orders. Finally, as beautiful and well-made as the Deco shoes are, I find them a bit too aggressive for me. I took a few comparison shots side-by-side with the TG73, which is probably as aggressive as I would go. Hopefully those shots will allow people to judge for themselves.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)













Whilst the finishing looks impeccable, the Deco last is for a very limited clientele, and I would venture to guess those to be predominantly Japanese customers.
post #205 of 21777
Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Magnozzi View Post
Whilst the finishing looks impeccable, the Deco last is for a very limited clientele, and I would venture to guess those to be predominantly Japanese customers.

...and Spoo. I love love LOVE those lasts. That black croc on the left there is grail status.

Nice pics, ME.
post #206 of 21777
Hmmm, they are a bit on the pointier side, but it is definitely something that I would be happier to wear and purchase. I do kind of wish they could "Deco-ify" the old lasts.
post #207 of 21777
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat View Post
My only G&G pair (Burlington, TG73 in vintage rioja) already fit great, yet Dean suggested they could put in a bit more arch support and raise my foot to great a bit more gap in the facing and plant my right foot (a bit smaller than my left) squarely into the heel. I'll email Nick to get these modifications incorporated into my 6-7 pairs currently in process.
a good move. please, don't take offense, i wasn't overwhelmed by their fit. anyway. glad you can improve it.
post #208 of 21777
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat View Post
Dean suggested they could put in a bit more arch support and raise my foot to great a bit more gap in the facing and plant my right foot (a bit smaller than my left) squarely into the heel. I'll email Nick to get these modifications incorporated into my 6-7 pairs currently in process.


Medtech,

These are changes Dean will make on MTO shoes? That's great. I wasn't aware this kind of individualization could be had for so little additional cost.



Any idea what's the last of the diamond captoe? Is it a GG06?
post #209 of 21777
GG06 yes.
post #210 of 21777
Same as the Burlington in that photo?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)