would take the gable in a polo suede...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 12/14/16 at 11:47am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:37 am in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 3:37 am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1249post #18722 of 2222212/12/15 at 12:29ampost #18723 of 2222212/12/15 at 1:27am
...looks like we might have two groups going !
Im for Oak and BRG (i.e. both if it comes to it).
An interesting comment re- Wensum soles.
I certainly don't discount them.
I have tried a pair on and could not tell the difference over leather but their benefits depends where you live especially in wetter climates providing your willing to get over the mental block of having rubber over leather soles (it does not bother me).
dont carry around "Swims Shoe covers" and i don't wear my GG in rain or snow hence my thoughts on Wensum.
Im told Wensum will last x2 that of leather soles (so lifetime of the shoe) hence a long term saving over the cost of a factory re-sole which is far from cheap.
For some reason, i look at the BRG as more of a Winter Season colour hence Wensum would be a little more appropriate in the climate i would wear them.
Welcome any comments for long term users of Wensum.post #18724 of 2222212/12/15 at 6:55ampost #18725 of 2222212/12/15 at 7:09ampost #18726 of 2222212/12/15 at 12:23pmpost #18727 of 2222212/12/15 at 12:26pmpost #18728 of 2222212/12/15 at 12:29pmQuote:
Thanks, Tt - have you tried the Deco last (which this model has)?
I know that the Deco has been discussed at length here. I've been out of G&G for awhile and am dipping the toes back in and am considering that shoe or maybe an MTO something in blue.post #18729 of 2222212/12/15 at 12:36pmpost #18730 of 2222212/12/15 at 12:42pmpost #18731 of 2222212/12/15 at 12:45pmQuote:
we have only been talking about midnight blue for now, because it is a very interesting color, especially with extra burnishing at the toe and heel. It can get from a light blue to grey to dark blue/black look depending on the level of burnishing / lighting / angle of photos.post #18732 of 2222212/12/15 at 12:48pmpost #18733 of 2222212/12/15 at 12:48pmQuote:Quote:
there is a navy blue and also a midnight blue. The navy is just a nice dark blue, but the midnight blue can vary quite a bit depending on what level of burnishing is requested. This is more of the standard midnight blue, but with a darker toe and heel it can get a grey/blue color and the toes/heel will get a dark blue / black color. It can get an amazing depth of color and will show off the style of the Gable plus the TG73 last.post #18734 of 2222212/12/15 at 12:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by mw313
we have only been talking about midnight blue for now, because it is a very interesting color, especially with extra burnishing at the toe and heel. It can get from a light blue to grey to dark blue/black look depending on the level of burnishing / lighting / angle of photos.
Pretty much sums up why Gable in midnight blue is in the lead. That is now my top GG choice, with BRG being second.post #18735 of 2222212/12/15 at 12:50pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The UMIT BENAN Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › VOTING THREAD: SWD Challenge MAKE SF GREAT AGAIN edition anti-snyergy 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway