or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1242

post #18616 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedDx View Post

Interestingly the KN14 is the only G&G last where I go for a D, whereas I wear 6.5E for all the other lasts. I do agree that it's the best fitting last. I've never worn EG's 184 but curious about the fit. Almost picked up a pair of loafers during Oakroom's sale but I just don't wear them enough and I already have a couple.

What size are you on EG? 6E?
post #18617 of 21771

Got extremely lucky & picked up couple of TG73, MH71 old school lasted shoe tree for G&G icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #18618 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin8451 View Post

What size are you on EG? 6E?
I wear 6.5E in all EG lasts (I can squeeze into 6.5D in some).
post #18619 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Got extremely lucky
Hi @TtownMD
 . thats nice and where i can order MH71 lasted shoe trees 8.5E size.
I tried to check at leffot and they only show 8E in stock for MH71 online.
post #18620 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh View Post

Hi @TtownMD
 . thats nice and where i can order MH71 lasted shoe trees 8.5E size.
I tried to check at leffot and they only show 8E in stock for MH71 online.
They don't make these any more the one you see is all they have I paid 60$ & picked it up from sale that was going on for blackfriday but nothing is left.
post #18621 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

They don't make these any more the one you see is all they have I paid 60$ & picked it up from sale that was going on for blackfriday but nothing is left.
Ok thanks. I will try the skoak trees for Thorpes MH71 and see how they fit. Do you know whether the standard trees of G&G now are lasted for MH71.
post #18622 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh View Post

Ok thanks. I will try the skoak trees for Thorpes MH71 and see how they fit. Do you know whether the standard trees of G&G now are lasted for MH71.
Hey standard G&G new tree are not lasted & one tree fits all. So it's just a preference on what you want G&G or other tree. It's totally up to you personally I go with the maker tree. In this case G&G. Hope it helps biggrin.gif
post #18623 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Hey standard G&G new tree are not lasted & one tree fits all. So it's just a preference on what you want G&G or other tree. It's totally up to you personally I go with the maker tree. In this case G&G. Hope it helps biggrin.gif

Thank you
post #18624 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Cash View Post

I was nicely surprised too. I ordered them on 20th August direct through Dean and he said the current turnaround was 4 months (the same as non-deco MTO) but I specifically asked if they could be finished in time for my birthday (early December) and here they are.

The black deco calf is really nice. Very black indeed - almost oily in the depth of pigment. I too thought about going for exotic skins (stingray) but am glad I went for the deco calf.

My only issue is how soft the leather is. After wearing them around the house for just a few hours last night when I took them off I noticed a horizontal scratch in the leather by the laces which wasn't there before I tried them on. censored.gif

It will not polish out because it has scratched the surface and is slightly raised. Pretty annoyed to be honest but clearly more care is needed in future but to be honest I couldn't have been more careful. I suspect the lace on the other foot is to blame as the end of the lace is sharp(ish) and must have brushed against my other foot. frown.gif


Thanks for the input and thoughts on the black calf on your Decos, something to keep in mind. I'm not a black shoe guy (I love my browns and dark reds), but the Deco Wilde in black looks incredible, and I could see myself wearing those a lot if I decided to go for it. But your review does give me pause. Maybe I'll just go for another pair of G&G Walkton spectators (I can't seem to get Vintage Rioja with Pearl Grey out of my mind…).
post #18625 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily Amused View Post

Thanks for the input and thoughts on the black calf on your Decos, something to keep in mind. I'm not a black shoe guy (I love my browns and dark reds), but the Deco Wilde in black looks incredible, and I could see myself wearing those a lot if I decided to go for it. But your review does give me pause. Maybe I'll just go for another pair of G&G Walkton spectators (I can't seem to get Vintage Rioja with Pearl Grey out of my mind…).
My two cent is get Sinatra & call it a day you will not regret it. That is one black shoe I own & love them.
post #18626 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

My two cent is get Sinatra & call it a day you will not regret it. That is one black shoe I own & love them.

I second Sinatra. Black on Deco always looks great though.
post #18627 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin8451 View Post


I second Sinatra. Black on Deco always looks great though.

 

You could possibly go for Sinatra on the Deco last which would mean you would have the "normal" leather rather than the "Deco leather"?

 

Deco leather is wonderful to touch and creases much more uniformly but to be honest is not the best for a pair of shoes - if anything it is too fine. My St. James II suffered a massive scratch the full length of the shoe when the dog ran along my feet and this just polished out with some Saphir. On the flip-side the Deco leather has physically been damaged by something that I did not even feel and still am not sure how it happened. Luckily being black it is mostly well hidden but nevertheless something that is worth considering.

 

I have been thinking about the shoe tree issue I raised earlier on in the thread and I think that the black deco trees should be supplied with the Deco range but the natural tree would be for orders where one of their regular shoes are requested on the Deco last.

 

Does this sound likely?

post #18628 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Cash View Post

You could possibly go for Sinatra on the Deco last which would mean you would have the "normal" leather rather than the "Deco leather"?

Deco leather is wonderful to touch and creases much more uniformly but to be honest is not the best for a pair of shoes - if anything it is too fine. My St. James II suffered a massive scratch the full length of the shoe when the dog ran along my feet and this just polished out with some Saphir. On the flip-side the Deco leather has physically been damaged by something that I did not even feel and still am not sure how it happened. Luckily being black it is mostly well hidden but nevertheless something that is worth considering.

I have been thinking about the shoe tree issue I raised earlier on in the thread and I think that the black deco trees should be supplied with the Deco range but the natural tree would be for orders where one of their regular shoes are requested on the Deco last.

Does this sound likely?
Thank you for input for deco last clear up things for me Steven Cash. I don't own mto deco last but from what I have personally seen. Every one who has done deco last has gotten those neat looking color full shoe tree. They look jet black or red, my two cent would be call G&G & ask. Maybe they forgot or messed up, It dose not hurt to give it a shot, but regardless your deco shoes do look bad ass icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #18629 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Cash View Post
 

 

You could possibly go for Sinatra on the Deco last which would mean you would have the "normal" leather rather than the "Deco leather"?

 

Deco leather is wonderful to touch and creases much more uniformly but to be honest is not the best for a pair of shoes - if anything it is too fine. My St. James II suffered a massive scratch the full length of the shoe when the dog ran along my feet and this just polished out with some Saphir. On the flip-side the Deco leather has physically been damaged by something that I did not even feel and still am not sure how it happened. Luckily being black it is mostly well hidden but nevertheless something that is worth considering.

 

I have been thinking about the shoe tree issue I raised earlier on in the thread and I think that the black deco trees should be supplied with the Deco range but the natural tree would be for orders where one of their regular shoes are requested on the Deco last.

 

Does this sound likely?

I have the same issue with my St James II. It ceased really bad in the area between toe and vamp. I used Skoaktiebolaget's shoe trees for my St james II on MH71 last. The second time when I put the trees into the shoe, I had to literally squeezed it in very hard. So I think the issue is more with shoe trees.

 

As for the deco, I notice that deco last shoe trees (comes with black or redish shoe trees) work better than the nature shoe trees.

post #18630 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin8451 View Post

I have the same issue with my St James II. It ceased really bad in the area between toe and vamp. I used Skoaktiebolaget's shoe trees for my St james II on MH71 last. The second time when I put the trees into the shoe, I had to literally squeezed it in very hard. So I think the issue is more with shoe trees.

As for the deco, I notice that deco last shoe trees (comes with black or redish shoe trees) work better than the nature shoe trees.
Get G&G shoe tree your problem will be solved. I had the same issue I just use Skoak tree for there boot that's all. Other wise sticking to G&G trees.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)