or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1240

post #18586 of 21786

14 weeks and the wait is over.

 

Holden in black deco calf.

 

 

 

Pleased with how subtle the bleaching is on the toe and heel caps.

 

One thing I am not too happy with however,  is being supplied natural shoe trees. Shouldn't Decos be supplied with the black deco shoe trees with the stylized "D" on the heel section or is this a new cost saving measure?

post #18587 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Cash View Post
 

14 weeks and the wait is over.

 

Holden in black deco calf.

 

 

Pleased with how subtle the bleaching is on the toe and heel caps.

 

One thing I am not too happy with however,  is being supplied natural shoe trees. Shouldn't Decos be supplied with the black deco shoe trees with the stylized "D" on the heel section or is this a new cost saving measure?

Very nice, Congrats!!!

post #18588 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
 

Very nice, Congrats!!!

 

Cheers dddrees.

post #18589 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Cash View Post

14 weeks and the wait is over.

Holden in black deco calf. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Pleased with how subtle the bleaching is on the toe and heel caps.

One thing I am not too happy with however,  is being supplied natural shoe trees. Shouldn't Decos be supplied with the black deco shoe trees with the stylized "D" on the heel section or is this a new cost saving measure?
Great shoes. I know the Deco last does not accomodate the "generic" tree so I assume the natural tree you have is Deco-lasted? The varnished trees are nicer but natural trees likely are better when it comes to absorption and stuff. Keep us posted.
post #18590 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedDx View Post


Great shoes. I know the Deco last does not accomodate the "generic" tree so I assume the natural tree you have is Deco-lasted? The varnished trees are nicer but natural trees likely are better when it comes to absorption and stuff. Keep us posted.

 

Thanks.

 

The natural trees were fitted when they arrived but were a lot tighter than the "generic" tree in my TG73 or MH71 lasted shoes. They trees supplied with my Decos are slightly slimmer and slightly longer with a squared toe.

 

Just a bit disappointing that the black ones weren't supplied even though I take your point regarding form over function.

post #18591 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Cash View Post

14 weeks and the wait is over.

Holden in black deco calf.


Pleased with how subtle the bleaching is on the toe and heel caps.

One thing I am not too happy with however,  is being supplied natural shoe trees. Shouldn't Decos be supplied with the black deco shoe trees with the stylized "D" on the heel section or is this a new cost saving measure?

Congratulations on those beauties! 14 weeks only? Not bad, I thought the turnaround time for Deco shoes is six months. I've been feeling the pull for a pair of black calf (or perhaps another skin) Wilde Decos. I'm hoping (i.e. wishful thinking) there may be a G&G 10-year anniversary special on shoes...
post #18592 of 21786
Steven Cash congrats, those are lovely shoes. Enjoy them in good health !!
post #18593 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily Amused View Post


Congratulations on those beauties! 14 weeks only? Not bad, I thought the turnaround time for Deco shoes is six months. I've been feeling the pull for a pair of black calf (or perhaps another skin) Wilde Decos. I'm hoping (i.e. wishful thinking) there may be a G&G 10-year anniversary special on shoes...

 

I was nicely surprised too. I ordered them on 20th August direct through Dean and he said the current turnaround was 4 months (the same as non-deco MTO) but I specifically asked if they could be finished in time for my birthday (early December) and here they are.

 

The black deco calf is really nice. Very black indeed - almost oily in the depth of pigment. I too thought about going for exotic skins (stingray) but am glad I went for the deco calf.

 

My only issue is how soft the leather is. After wearing them around the house for just a few hours last night when I took them off I noticed a horizontal scratch in the leather by the laces which wasn't there before I tried them on. :censored:

 

It will not polish out because it has scratched the surface and is slightly raised. Pretty annoyed to be honest but clearly more care is needed in future but to be honest I couldn't have been more careful. I suspect the lace on the other foot is to blame as the end of the lace is sharp(ish) and must have brushed against my other foot. :(

post #18594 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Steven Cash congrats, those are lovely shoes. Enjoy them in good health !!

 

Thanks Ttown. :)

post #18595 of 21786
G&G site had some end of lines in the Pound 500 range but the link to "end of line" now returns nothing. Any idea what may have happened?
post #18596 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by daizawaguy View Post

G&G site had some end of lines in the Pound 500 range but the link to "end of line" now returns nothing. Any idea what may have happened?
I can't even see the link man were is it on the site?
post #18597 of 21786
The link is still there. I think it's under shop on the left.
post #18598 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by daizawaguy View Post

The link is still there. I think it's under shop on the left.
Ok thx you found it & yea you are right it's not working.
post #18599 of 21786
post #18600 of 21786
I checked the end of line sale. Great deal . Too bad they didn't have any of my size.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)