or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1202

post #18016 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


Yes, this certainly is even more of an issue when your buying in batches of ten.


Not quite such a big issue when buying just one or two.

Seriously, you respond way too fast lol. I am always editing my post when you post.
post #18017 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


Yes, this certainly is even more of an issue when your buying in batches of ten.


Not quite such a big issue when buying just one or two.
Who buys one or two shoes lol
post #18018 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post


Seriously, you respond way too fast lol. I am always editing my post when you post.


Oops. LOL

post #18019 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


Who buys one or two shoes lol


At a time, I do.

post #18020 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post


Not really. It's not about not affording it it's about being liquid. Plus what if they hold onto it 6 months and they have a reject and no more special leather or they screw up your order and need to issue a refund? Better to have half in rather than all in. Especially if it takes a year to get you your items. Buy 10k worth of shoes, better generating interest on it than having it sit with them.

I have 3k sitting with a crappy leather jacket maker that I paid in full up front with that I will never get back. Has no incentive to make the jacket.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
 


Yes, this certainly is even more of an issue when your buying in batches of ten.

 

 

Not quite such a big issue when buying just one or two.

i just pay 50% up front for that reason but I also don't just buy one or two at a time. I have 4 MTOs (maybe more in a couple of weeks) all by GG, 1 custom last MTM/MTO by St. Crispin's and finishing up a bespoke (Perry Ercolino) so i prefer to keep some in the bank and invest during that time, just as @Ironist stated above. 

post #18021 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


Who buys one or two shoes lol


i was waiting for you to respond like this!!! lol

 

We are just too much alike when it comes to shoes and purchasing. haha

post #18022 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post


i was waiting for you to respond like this!!! lol

We are just too much alike when it comes to shoes and purchasing. haha
Amount of shoes & clothing I have bought I can start my own mini boutique it's a problem lol but good one. Still have quit a few mto for stcrispin, G&G, vass & EB waiting & one whole cut Chelsea EB boot that I picked up for very very good price from skob on its way. So yea I am with you on that one biggrin.gif
post #18023 of 21772
Mw how many bespoke pairs do you have? Haven't taken that plunge yet
post #18024 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


At a time, I do.
Fair enough smile.gif
post #18025 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

Mw how many bespoke pairs do you have? Haven't taken that plunge yet
It's not about bespoke or not I live in Cubs i don't have much option in my city once I head to Italy next time I will get that done. Ironist mentioned some thing about whole cut shoes by this maker I believe name start with Merello etc name may be off I saw how color full his shoes are definitely getting one of them.
post #18026 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post



i just pay 50% up front for that reason but I also don't just buy one or two at a time. I have 4 MTOs (maybe more in a couple of weeks) all by GG, 1 custom last MTM/MTO by St. Crispin's and finishing up a bespoke (Perry Ercolino) so i prefer to keep some in the bank and invest during that time, just as @Ironist
 stated above. 

Well if done in larger numbers this certainly makes more sense.
post #18027 of 21772
I will say this also I have learned a lot from you gents & totally stepped up my shoe & clothing game dddrees & mw313 & ironist & other gents too many to name have been very help full & thank you !!
post #18028 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

It's not about bespoke or not I live in Cubs i don't have much option in my city once I head to Italy next time I will get that done. Ironist mentioned some thing about whole cut shoes by this maker I believe name start with Merello etc name may be off I saw how color full his shoes are definitely getting one of them.

Mecariello makes some nice shoes for sure. I live in Orange County and have just never taken the plunge. Not sure how much nicer they are so was just asking. You're in the running for rookie of the year here based on your purchases lol
post #18029 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

Mecariello makes some nice shoes for sure. I live in Orange County and have just never taken the plunge. Not sure how much nicer they are so was just asking. You're in the running for rookie of the year here based on your purchases lol
Well if you consider buying 5 pair of stcrispin 5 pair of G&G 4 EG shoes & 3 galaway boot at one setting & waiting on low tear shoes like EB, vass & carmina rookie then hey nothing wrong with that let my action do the talking.
post #18030 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Well if you consider buying 5 pair of stcrispin 5 pair of G&G 4 EG shoes & 3 galaway boot at one setting & waiting on low tear shoes like EB, vass & carmina rookie then hey nothing wrong with that let my action do the talking.

Well your join date is 5/13/15 or something. So yeah, rookie. 👍
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)