or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1197

post #17941 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Yea it's one sick looking whole cut boot may have to pick them up biggrin.gif

Trust me, its awesome
post #17942 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


If you buy rtw shoes on deco no they are not lasted.

Thanks.  Another question for hove owners.  I don't own any G&G oxfords, just a hove.  The heel shape, the curvature in the back, and the rise of the shoe around my ankle are not ideal.  The curvature is not as tight as I would like, and the shoe doesn't come up high as close to my ankle as I would like, so it feels less secure than I'd like it to be.  The issue has somewhat dissipated after breaking in for a while. 

 

So my question is, is it the same for oxfords as well?  

post #17943 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

It allows f and d too. im in

This IMO is the greatest addition to their website business model, should help out a lot of people...
post #17944 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

Trust me, its awesome

I bought the cedar ones we did as a GMTO considering oak as well. Decisions decisions. The cedar was my first pair of Chelsea boots. Love them so far.
post #17945 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post

Thanks.  Another question for hove owners.  I don't own any G&G oxfords, just a hove.  The heel shape, the curvature in the back, and the rise of the shoe around my ankle are not ideal.  The curvature is not as tight as I would like, and the shoe doesn't come up high as close to my ankle as I would like, so it feels less secure than I'd like it to be.  The issue has somewhat dissipated after breaking in for a while. 

So my question is, is it the same for oxfords as well?  

fyi not the same issue but i got heel slip on my hoves but not my wigmores on same size
post #17946 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

I bought the cedar ones we did as a GMTO considering oak as well. Decisions decisions. The cedar was my first pair of Chelsea boots. Love them so far.

Its so convenient. when im in a hurry i slip these on. with brown and cedar you could have 90% of your wardrobe covered. only issue is it is a pain to get lasted shoe trees in and out. anyone have tips?
post #17947 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post


fyi not the same issue but i got heel slip on my hoves but not my wigmores on same size

Good to know thanks.  Anyone own both the hove and isham and notice a difference in the heel/ankle?  Skoak's isham in cedar looks pretty good.

post #17948 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post

Good to know thanks.  Anyone own both the hove and isham and notice a difference in the heel/ankle?  Skoak's isham in cedar looks pretty good.

I have both, what kind of difference are you talking about? Maybe I do not know where to look?

Hove is on single leather soles while isham is on HAF soles so comparing these two would not be apple to apple comparison due to the different soles. In addition hove has a four eyelets while isham has five eyelets.
I feel some difference in the vamp area but I think that is due to the soles and number of eyelets. I would not know how to describe this difference. It is different but it does not influence much the fit of the shoe.
post #17949 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post


I have both, what kind of difference are you talking about? Maybe I do not know where to look?

Hove is on single leather soles while isham is on HAF soles so comparing these two would not be apple to apple comparison due to the different soles. In addition hove has a four eyelets while isham has five eyelets.
I feel some difference in the vamp area but I think that is due to the soles and number of eyelets. I would not know how to describe this difference. It is different but it does not influence much the fit of the shoe.

 

I'm just talking about the rear of the shoe.  Starting from the top eyelet and going around the ankle all the way to the back of the heel.  In this area, the shoe doesn't feel like it comes up as high as some other shoes (EG inverness, for example).  In addition, the curve in the heel feels less secure because it's not as curved as some other shoes I own. So I was just wondering if this was the case for the Isham and for ofxord models.  Basically the question is, does your heel feel just as secure in the isham as the hove?

 

My Hove is on a double leather sole, so perhaps the issue is more pronounced.  I don't think the number of eyelets would make a difference, unless the top eyelet of the Isham is higher up on your foot.

post #17950 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post

I'm just talking about the rear of the shoe.  Starting from the top eyelet and going around the ankle all the way to the back of the heel.  In this area, the shoe doesn't feel like it comes up as high as some other shoes (EG inverness, for example).  In addition, the curve in the heel feels less secure because it's not as curved as some other shoes I own. So I was just wondering if this was the case for the Isham and for ofxord models.  Basically the question is, does your heel feel just as secure in the isham as the hove?

My Hove is on a double leather sole, so perhaps the issue is more pronounced.  I don't think the number of eyelets would make a difference, unless the top eyelet of the Isham is higher up on your foot.

That's very good explanation. Looking back now I would say that my heels feel more snug when wearing isham. but I think that is due to the thicker soles on isham.
post #17951 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

Its so convenient. when im in a hurry i slip these on. with brown and cedar you could have 90% of your wardrobe covered. only issue is it is a pain to get lasted shoe trees in and out. anyone have tips?

I agree. I'm definitely getting them eventually. Just a matter of if I do these or a pair of stingray loafers first.
post #17952 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

I agree. I'm definitely getting them eventually. Just a matter of if I do these or a pair of stingray loafers first.

Get the burnhams it's winter and you'll wear these more. Order loafers in January and wear in spring
post #17953 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

Get the burnhams it's winter and you'll wear these more. Order loafers in January and wear in spring

Valid point. Well done. Lol
post #17954 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

Valid point. Well done. Lol
Is your boot on leather sole or rubber? Meaning how often can you were them with leather sole is my issue lol
post #17955 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

Get the burnhams it's winter and you'll wear these more. Order loafers in January and wear in spring
Hey do you topy your burnham or nope? Was just wondering about it but yea definitely a very good shoes that I will be getting.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)