or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1192

post #17866 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by daizawaguy View Post

The difference in length between the Barclay 8 1/2E and Harrow 8 1/2E, although for the moment without having worn-in the Barclays, I feel my foot is held in the correct position and this does not compromise my toe room. The outer edge of the heels are placed on the same line, as seen from above - the difference you see at the back from above will be due to the curve of the heel cap. I aligned the outer edge of the back of the sole edge/heel on the line you see.


Thank for posting & good comparison biggrin.gif
post #17867 of 21764
@mw313 yes sir I am ready for midnight blue gable biggrin.gif
post #17868 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

@mw313 yes sir I am ready for midnight blue gable biggrin.gif

Great to know. Now who else has interest in a midnight blue gable on the TG73?
post #17869 of 21764

Time to break them in !!!
post #17870 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


Time to break them in !!!

Nice one Sir; looking great!
post #17871 of 21764
Thank you andrel42
post #17872 of 21764


Cross-post:

 

Arran MTO in tan kudu, with the help of gentlemen from Skoaktiebolaget….

post #17873 of 21764
Cross-post
Quote:
Originally Posted by grc1 View Post

Maiden voyage - G&G Strands in racing green.


What's the consensus on a complementary belt colour - my concern is green is too matchy-matchy? I've gone with navy for now as it at least sticks within the blue-yellow-green madness I've got going on today ...
post #17874 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by grc1 View Post

Cross-post

Very nice, Congrats!!

post #17875 of 21764

I wore my Harrow`s today for the first time, and I`m quite disappointed. The fit is completely different from my Barclays. Its very very tight and short. Both are a 8 1/2E, the Barclays on the TG73 last and the Harrow on the TG71. I did not expect a different size, apart from small differences and of course the toe box. Here is the Harrow fitted over the Barclay, left over right, that shows quite a remarkable difference, even in width. I show the heel aligned as well at the back. The bottom side of the shoes in the photo touch the chairs back.  Any comments or thoughts?

 

I`ve emailed G&G on their enquiries@ address, and it will be interesting to see what they reply.

 

 

post #17876 of 21764
What do you means my TG71, Is it on the MH71 last by chance?

Big difference if the same size though, I wonder if one is a US size conversion by chance...
post #17877 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by daizawaguy View Post

I wore my Harrow`s today for the first time, and I`m quite disappointed. The fit is completely different from my Barclays. Its very very tight and short. Both are a 8 1/2E, the Barclays on the TG73 last and the Harrow on the TG71. I did not expect a different size, apart from small differences and of course the toe box. Here is the Harrow fitted over the Barclay, left over right, that shows quite a remarkable difference, even in width. I show the heel aligned as well at the back. The bottom side of the shoes in the photo touch the chairs back.  Any comments or thoughts?

I`ve emailed G&G on their enquiries@ address, and it will be interesting to see what they reply.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





MH71 and TG73 fits just a hair different, many people wear the same size, although I personally wear TG73 0.5 up from my regular G&G size (UK 12 in TG73 instead of UK 11.5).

Also, the Barclay is a side gusset shoe, it will fit differently than an Oxford, no doubt. It's basically a loafer. But looking at those pics, it hardly looks like the same size. Did you look on the box and flap to see if they are marked the same size?
post #17878 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

What do you means my TG71, Is it on the MH71 last by chance?

Big difference if the same size though, I wonder if one is a US size conversion by chance...


Sorry, I forget the Initials, the Barclay is the square toe (TG73), the Harrow the soft square, yes the MH71. My mistake, not TG, apologies.

 

Both are written 8 1/2E on the inside.

 

The Harrow is 30cm length and 10cm wide, the Barclay is 31.5cm x 11.5cm. 

 

Could anyone who is an 8 1/2E UK measure their pairs, so we can get to the root of this? To me a centimeter and a half difference in both length and width on the same size seems like their is something wrong somewhere...

 

Appreciate any feedback.

post #17879 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


MH71 and TG73 fits just a hair different, many people wear the same size, although I personally wear TG73 0.5 up from my regular G&G size (UK 12 in TG73 instead of UK 11.5).

Also, the Barclay is a side gusset shoe, it will fit differently than an Oxford, no doubt. It's basically a loafer. But looking at those pics, it hardly looks like the same size. Did you look on the box and flap to see if they are marked the same size?


Thanks for the feedback - yes, both are clearly marked 8 1/2E.

 

The 1 1/2cm in width and length difference does seem excessive.

 

From what you say, if I were a 0.5 up on the TG73 (which is the bigger fit in my 8 1/2`s), it would make this size difference even bigger, which does make me feel something is wrong somewhere.

 

Maybe the length and width measurements give a clue, if people could help out?

 

I`m just trying to get some consistency here, and have no claims against anyone, but as you appreciate it does make re-ordering problematic if there is no consistency in sizing.

 

Thanks everyone.

post #17880 of 21764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbayvip View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


Cross-post:

 

Arran MTO in tan kudu, with the help of gentlemen from Skoaktiebolaget….

Oh damn! Well done.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)