or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1183

post #17731 of 21771
Did someone say Gable?



Throwing in a Mitchell just for the hell of it! smile.gif

post #17732 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Did someone say Gable?



Throwing in a Mitchell just for the hell of it! smile.gif

Both are very sweet me & mw313 trying to gather ppl for gable on tg73 last mid night blue biggrin.gif
post #17733 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Did someone say Gable?

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


Both are very sweet me & mw313 trying to gather ppl for gable on tg73 last mid night blue biggrin.gif

Wow those Gable are great! Yes I would love to get that started.

 

Do we know details on how it would work with other widths yet or is it set in stone already that they all must be one width now? There has been so much talk with everyone arguing about it but there never was a clear answer on if that is set or not. If it is set, then I would have to do a single MTO anyway, because no one else is my narrow width. 

 

Here are some different shots of the Gable in blue to show the variation possible based on polishing and lighting.

 

 

post #17734 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

I should never have proposed the GMTO for pearl grey St James. The price was too high! :-(

If it hadn't come up with this order it was bound to come up sooner or later.​

 

It just so happened that this makeup was extremely popular and this was when it occurred.

post #17735 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post
 

 

 

Wow those Gable are great! Yes I would love to get that started.

 

Do we know details on how it would work with other widths yet or is it set in stone already that they all must be one width now? There has been so much talk with everyone arguing about it but there never was a clear answer on if that is set or not. If it is set, then I would have to do a single MTO anyway, because no one else is my narrow width. 

 

Here are some different shots of the Gable in blue to show the variation possible based on polishing and lighting.

 

 

 

 

 

Nice!!!!!!

post #17736 of 21771

Gaziano & Girling with their Swedish agent Skoaktiebolaget were part of the Shoegazing Super Trunk Show held in Stockholm this weekend, showcasing bespoke and MTO's. The event included apart from G&G included Meermin, Carlos Santos, Vass, Riccardo Bestetti, Maftei, Italigente, Melker Shoes and more. A couple of the pics are taken by Milad Abedi.

 

 

A cool lizard tassel loafer:

 

 

 

Daniel Wegan, head of the G&G bespoke department:

 

 

 

Bespoke samples:

 

 

 

Gabriel Öberg Bustad, Sales Manager at Skoaktiebolaget:

 

 

 

Graffiti patina:

 

 

 

G&G's gorgeous jodphur:

 

post #17737 of 21771
Lord have mercy those jodhpur need to be in my feet.
post #17738 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

If it hadn't come up with this order it was bound to come up sooner or later.​

It just so happened that this makeup was extremely popular and this was when it occurred.

I wasn't really serious... Thanks for making me feel special though, lol.
post #17739 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post


I wasn't really serious... Thanks for making me feel special though, lol.

Ok, then.

 

It sucks, it really really sucks.

 

 

See now how you let your brothers down.

 

Bad bad bad @Ironist.

post #17740 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

I think you should propose few more bud you got some good style & ideas by the way what camera did you buy? Any recommendations what camera to get so II can keep my eyes open. So I can post my Sinatra using the new camera hopefully.

Thanks, I did have a few more ideas but it would be difficult to get traction unless the leather was exotic. People here have too many shoes already.

Depends if you want DSLR or mirroless. Nikon D3300 is entry level and what I use. They come up refurbished for about $300-$400 including lenses. Probably buy a prime 35mm with it for taking shots. The step-up is Nikon D7200. Otherwise Sony a5100 for entry level mirrorless or Olympus OM-D E-M10 as the step up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Ok, then.

It sucks, it really really sucks.


See now how you let your brothers down.

Bad bad bad @Ironist
.

LOL, much better. Yes, much like how I broke the internet with my Mountain Ram, I am the man who singlehandedly broke the GMTO and ruined it for everyone.

Muhahaha.
post #17741 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


I think you should propose few more bud you got some good style & ideas by the way what camera did you buy? Any recommendations what camera to get so II can keep my eyes open. So I can post my Sinatra using the new camera hopefully.

You would probably be amazed at how much you can accomplish by just making sure you have the right amount of light.

post #17742 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post


Thanks, I did have a few more ideas but it would be difficult to get traction unless the leather was exotic. People here have too many shoes already.

Depends if you want DSLR or mirroless. Nikon D3300 is entry level and what I use. They come up refurbished for about $300-$400 including lenses. Probably buy a prime 35mm with it for taking shots. The step-up is Nikon D7200. Otherwise Sony a5100 for entry level mirrorless or Olympus OM-D E-M10 as the step up.
LOL, much better. Yes, much like how I broke the internet with my Mountain Ram, I am the man who singlehandedly broke the GMTO and ruined it for everyone.

Muhahaha.


You are a very bad man, a very bad man indeed!!!LOL

post #17743 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

You would probably be amazed at how much you can accomplish by just making sure you have the right amount of light.
You are correct I have been using IPad Air in past which I don't have & now use IPhone 6 plus camera. Got beautiful shoes just pic sucks or ok looking so,figured to get some in put on camera to get better quality. Do you guys generally use DSLR?
post #17744 of 21771
Ironist you can be a very bad bad man again & throw some non exotic g&g shoe idea out biggrin.gif it dose not hurt to try me & mw313 want gable in mid it's blue color. I will check out the camera you bought. Also would you recommend DSLR?
post #17745 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


You are correct I have been using IPad Air in past which I don't have & now use IPhone 6 plus camera. Got beautiful shoes just pic sucks or ok looking so,figured to get some in put on camera to get better quality. Do you guys generally use DSLR?

Just take your shoes outdoors and take pics there.  Indirect natural light is better.  Or you can accomplish this by putting them near a window and making sure there are no shadows on the shoes. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)