or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1170

post #17536 of 21771

That makes 4.  Not sure same widths though.  

post #17537 of 21771

Wouldn't TG73 without a toe cap or literally any other detail end up looking rather...'witch-ey'? 

post #17538 of 21771
That's why I want a medallion!
post #17539 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by heelguy View Post

Gentlemen: Zimmermann & Kim in South Korea have a few GG on sale. Just bought a Regent in Rosewood for 700 Euros plus shipping (includes trees). They also have some loafers on sale and a suede monk.


Argh!  You better not have got the last 7.5UK!  But seriously, what a great deal for a great shoe+trees.  Thanks for the heads up.

post #17540 of 21771

I spoke with Gabriel at Skoaktiebolaget and was told that Patrik is out of town, but when he returns he will contact us about this GMTO. I just wanted to let you guys know that it still may go through, so you can still keep your hopes up!!!!

 

 

Walkton in Rosewood Kudu / Deep Vintage Cherry GMTO



Specs:
Price: ~ 8800 SEK ex-vat or over? (kudu upcharge?)
Model: Walkton
Color: Rosewood Kudu / Deep Vintage Cherry
Last: MH71 or TG73 (prefer)
Sole: Oak Bark Sole
Lining: Cherry

Interested parties:
@mw313 - (narrow width) (Prefer TG73 but fine with MH71)
@TtownMD - (E width) (Prefer TG73 but fine with MH71)

@Ironist (he may be out but has not given the final reply yet)

@harki (E width) (Fine with TG73 but prefer MH71)

@nickrut (E width on MH71)  (F width on TG73)

@bsmw (E width on MH71(prefer))  (F width on TG73)

@CFML (F width on MH71)  (F width on TG73) + metal toe tips if possible
@Easily Amused (E width) (TG73 or MH71)

@Flake (F width) (TG73 or MH71)

@mypants (E or F width - has ordered both in different lengths and could use advice) (TG73 or MH71)

 

Anyone still have interest on this one, so we can then have two GMTOs for the Rosewood Kudu?



And just to clarify, the kudu would only be at the vamp (where the cherry is in these pictures above) so the cherry would be at the toe (so the medallion would look okay), the facing, and the heel.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


Can we iron out the details in regards of last and width? As you know the first six has to be consecutive before we can start adding widths. We have twelve people as of now for the Kudu Rosewood so we should be able do the Walkton GMTO. But I'm going to cap that make up to 10 participants. So please lets get the details in place so I can post the deposit link.

Specs
Price ex VAT : 8800 SEK (about $1100 USD)
Price inc VAT : 11000 SEK
Style: Walkton
Color: Rosewood Kudu / Vintage Cherry
Last: ?
Sole: Oak Bark Sole
Lining: Cherry

Lead time is about 5 months.

 

 

So this is the most up to date listing of who is in for the Walkton so far. We just need to narrow down which is the standard width for this pair (E or F) because we need 6 of the same width before others can be added. We also need to decide on either the MH71 or TG73. The current thoughts based on members who gave the Okay are above. 

 

So based on this, we have these combos to look at from this group and with me in a narrow width, which makes 9 people:

 

-at least 5 F widths on the TG73

-3 F widths on the MH71

-3 E widths on the TG73

-at least 5 E widths on the MH71 (it can be 6 with @mypants on E)

post #17541 of 21771
Just got back my Burnhams following completion of metal toe-tip retrofit. My how I've missed you! inlove.gif

post #17542 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post


So this is the most up to date listing of who is in for the Walkton so far. We just need to narrow down which is the standard width for this pair (E or F) because we need 6 of the same width before others can be added. We also need to decide on either the MH71 or TG73. The current thoughts based on members who gave the Okay are above. 

So based on this, we have these combos to look at from this group and with me in a narrow width, which makes 9 people:

-at least 5 F widths on the TG73
-3 F widths on the MH71
-3 E widths on the TG73
-at least 5 E widths on the MH71 (it can be 6 with @mypants
 on E)

I'm going to go ahead with a Walkton on the MH71 - it seems most people are ok with this make up. I first need 6 confirmed in E-width and then we might be able to add different widths. I just heard from G&G and they will most likely restrict GMTOs to one width only.
post #17543 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post


So this is the most up to date listing of who is in for the Walkton so far. We just need to narrow down which is the standard width for this pair (E or F) because we need 6 of the same width before others can be added. We also need to decide on either the MH71 or TG73. The current thoughts based on members who gave the Okay are above. 

So based on this, we have these combos to look at from this group and with me in a narrow width, which makes 9 people:

-at least 5 F widths on the TG73
-3 F widths on the MH71
-3 E widths on the TG73
-at least 5 E widths on the MH71 (it can be 6 with @mypants
 on E)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

I'm going to go ahead with a Walkton on the MH71 - it seems most people are ok with this make up. I first need 6 confirmed in E-width and then we might be able to add different widths. I just heard from G&G and they will most likely restrict GMTOs to one width only.

great to hear that it will go through @Leaves ! I think it will be a really special shoe and we have worked pretty hard to get it out through. So as long as we get the 6 will I still be able to add my narrow in?
post #17544 of 21771
mw313 can you still change the last or no? Or that has to be the same
post #17545 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post


great to hear that it will go through @Leaves ! I think it will be a really special shoe and we have worked pretty hard to get it out through. So as long as we get the 6 will I still be able to add my narrow in?

PM sent.
post #17546 of 21771
Ok guys, the Gaziano & Girling Kudu/Cherry GMTO is live. This will be a very limited run, I can only accept 8 orders for this make up, in E-width. Fulls specs can be found here. Edit: Note that this is on the MH71 folks, most people that were interested in this make up wear E in MH71.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/products/gaziano-girling-kudu-cherry-walkton-50-gmto-deposit



Kudu will be where the suede is in this picture.

Edited by Leaves - 9/11/15 at 7:18am
post #17547 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

I'm going to go ahead with a Walkton on the MH71 - it seems most people are ok with this make up. I first need 6 confirmed in E-width and then we might be able to add different widths. I just heard from G&G and they will most likely restrict GMTOs to one width only.

Wait is this the one width Gmto from now on or just this run only. Very sad news for narrow and wide folks 😕
post #17548 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by armsignet View Post


Argh!  You better not have got the last 7.5UK!  But seriously, what a great deal for a great shoe+trees.  Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry but I am a 7.5 UK. Hopefully there are others in that size for you.
post #17549 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post


Wait is this the one width Gmto from now on or just this run only. Very sad news for narrow and wide folks 😕

 

Ouch!

post #17550 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Ok guys, the Gaziano & Girling Kudu/Cherry GMTO is live. This will be a very limited run, I can only accept 8 orders for this make up, in E-width. Fulls specs can be found here. Edit: Note that this is on the MH71 folks, most people that were interested in this make up wear E in MH71.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/products/gaziano-girling-kudu-cherry-walkton-50-gmto-deposit



Kudu will be where the suede is in this picture.

Just paid for my 12 E Walktons in Kudu/Cherry! Perhaps they'll be here in time to enjoy the Spring Thaw smile.gif

And a huge THANK YOU to @MW313 and Skoak for making this happen!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)