or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1150

post #17236 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post

This Kudu frenzy reminds me of Pearl Jam tickets frenzy back in the day

Too bad you missed the Zug frenzy, although that one didn't last very long.
post #17237 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


Lucky I will be in call today & will be back home tomorrow. Enjoy your weekend bud.


thanks! well that is the time for us to recruit enough people to get in on this Walkton two-tone Vintage Cherry/Kudu GMTO! 

post #17238 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


Too bad you missed the Zug frenzy, although that one didn't last very long.


Yea i think this Kudu one is lasting quite a long time because of the different shading and the variety of styles we are working on from boots to shoes

post #17239 of 21771
In on walkton. E on mh71, F on tg73
post #17240 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post


Yea i think this Kudu one is lasting quite a long time because of the different shading and the variety of styles we are working on from boots to shoes

No the Zug thing was entirely different. You had SF members contacting tanneries on their own and then once they found the leather tthey tried to contact EG and try to get them to make the boots. When EG declined then @Leaves stepped in. When he announced that EG was willing to make an exception the thing sold out in about 30 minutes. Totally different. Besides this is the second or third iteration of Kudu, there was only about 20 total pairs of Zug available.
post #17241 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post


Careful, I've been told...by a moderator...that the popcorn smilie is really meant to express "schadenfreude." Not labeled that way but...

but.. the truth.... must. come. out.

post #17242 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

In on walkton. E on mh71, F on tg73


Great so here is where we are so far:

 

 

 

 

 

Walkton in Rosewood Kudu / Deep Vintage Cherry GMTO



Specs:
Price: ~ 8800 SEK ex-vat or over? (kudu upcharge?)
Model: Walkton
Color: Rosewood Kudu / Deep Vintage Cherry
Last: MH71 or TG73
Sole: Oak Bark Sole
Lining: Rioja or Cherry

Interested parties:
@mw313 - (narrow width) (MH71 or TG73)
@TtownMD - (E width) (prefer TG73 but fine with MH71)
@Steel28
@Ironist
@JubeiSpiegel

@harki (E width) (prefer MH71 but fine with TG73)

@nickrut (E width on MH71)  (F with on TG73)

Anyone still have interest on this one, so we can then have two GMTOs for the Rosewood Kudu?

post #17243 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


No the Zug thing was entirely different. You had SF members contacting tanneries on their own and then once they found the leather tthey tried to contact EG and try to get them to make the boots. When EG declined then @Leaves stepped in. When he announced that EG was willing to make an exception the thing sold out in about 30 minutes. Totally different. Besides this is the second or third iteration of Kudu, there was only about 20 total pairs of Zug available.


yea i forgot how few were made, because i am so limited in what i can do with EG because I need the 202 last to be able to get my width and they will only do certain styles anyway. 

post #17244 of 21771
Gaziano Girling Arran Grain Thorpe







Comparison



As you can see, the color changes upon lighting so it's hard to photograph. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep these. Very beautiful, but I think it's pretty close to the other ones in the photo plus I have a Tan Kudu Thorpe in same style coming in, so maybe too much overlap?
post #17245 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post


okay. that is fair. I'd actually prefer the walkton but love that Isham too, so I may do both if they both go through.  

I am still not sure about the make up of the walkton that is being talked about.
Is it going to be as pictured but with Kudu in toe, face and heel or similar to previous St James make up with Kudu over the quarter?

Also if concern medallion with Kudu at toe, have you guys considered Chesterfield or Astaire? Astaire basically Monkton without Medallion. Chesterfield is St James with V-cap toe.

https://instagram.com/p/yAEEVvtMqr/
post #17246 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble_Bee View Post

I am still not sure about the make up of the walkton that is being talked about.
Is it going to be as pictured but with Kudu in toe, face and heel or similar to previous St James make up with Kudu over the quarter?

Also if concern medallion with Kudu at toe, have you guys considered Chesterfield or Astaire? Astaire basically Monkton without Medallion. Chesterfield is St James with V-cap toe.

https://instagram.com/p/yAEEVvtMqr/

I have considered the issue. May have to go astaire or stay with walkton. They are the same except medallion.
post #17247 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

Gaziano Girling Arran Grain Thorpe


Comparison


As you can see, the color changes upon lighting so it's hard to photograph. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep these. Very beautiful, but I think it's pretty close to the other ones in the photo plus I have a Tan Kudu Thorpe in same style coming in, so maybe too much overlap?

They are some real nice looking boots though!!!

 

 

Thanks for the pictures.

post #17248 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Isham Proposed GMTO

It appears as we have enough people (6) in the same width as long as everybody is willing to go with a Double leather sole. If we wish to move forward with a Dainite sole we will possibly need one more person and a few of the odd size people may drop out.

 

Specs:
Price: ~ 8800 SEK ex-vat or over? (kudu upcharge?)
Model: Isham

Color: Rosewood Kudu
Last: MH71
Sole: Double Leather Oak Bark Sole or Double Dainite still to be determined (Only one @daizawaguy against Dainite)
 

@justinkapur Depends on stifness of material Dainite

@harki E Dainite\Double Leather

@dddrees E Dainite

@mw313 narrow Double Leather

@grc1 E Dainite

@whyriver E Dainite

@daizawaguy E Double Leather

@JubeiSpiegel Double Leather

@bumblebee E Dainite

X-post. Actually prefer double leather > Dainite.
post #17249 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble_Bee View Post


X-post. Actually prefer double leather > Dainite.

Updated, Thanks.​

post #17250 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

Gaziano Girling Arran Grain Thorpe
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






Comparison


As you can see, the color changes upon lighting so it's hard to photograph. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep these. Very beautiful, but I think it's pretty close to the other ones in the photo plus I have a Tan Kudu Thorpe in same style coming in, so maybe too much overlap?

outstanding!

edit - and yes youre going to have a lot of overlap if you keep all 3 thorpes but when in doubt keep all 3!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)