or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1130

post #16936 of 21791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

Yeah no kidding. If I only bought one shoe a year I'd get shoe trees. When you get 10 shoes at a time? Pass... Then again I should have passed on buying so many so fast, I can't really appreciate them when I get a new shipment every week.

Heck for some who only buy one or two shoes a year the lasted or branded thing seems outrageous and doesn't work for them either.


Oh, by the way don't stop on our account, we're weirdos here and we enjoy the shoe porn. LOL
post #16937 of 21791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

Did you cancel the sinatra? Say it ain't so.
Dude I have not I am getting them I am so fucking pissed right now I came back home my brand new shoe vass thank god and my new iPad 2 swimming in washing machine with my cloths wtf. Should I toss away the shoe and I pad?
post #16938 of 21791
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


Dude I have not I am getting them I am so fucking pissed right now I came back home my brand new shoe vass thank god and my new iPad 2 swimming in washing machine with my cloths wtf. Should I toss away the shoe and I pad?

 

 

 

How in the heck did they end up in the wash machine?​

 

 

 

Hopefully the IPad was in a waterproof case, or you had purchased some kind of insurance against accidental user damage.

 

 

Try to stuff paper in the shoes and dry them out naturally and not near any heat source.

post #16939 of 21791
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Dude I have not I am getting them I am so fucking pissed right now I came back home my brand new shoe vass thank god and my new iPad 2 swimming in washing machine with my cloths wtf. Should I toss away the shoe and I pad?

What? I'm not sure what's going on but an Ipad and vass shoes in a washing machine is not a good sign... Sorry, that sucks. Bring the ipad to the store and ask how much to fix it. Take a photo of the shoes and ask in the shoe care thread.
post #16940 of 21791

You really cant do much with the shoes until they're dried out, but like I said you need to stuff them with paper and let them air out until they dry naturally. Once dried you'll probably need to condition them, and then try to apply polish.

 

IPad, waterproof case and hopefully it worked, or an accidental damage insurance are your two best bets. If neither of those attempt to dry, but its more than likely toast.

post #16941 of 21791
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post



How in the heck did they end up in the wash machine?​



Hopefully the IPad was in a waterproof case, or you had purchased some kind of insurance against accidental user damage.


Try to stuff paper in the shoes and dry them out naturally and not near any heat source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

What? I'm not sure what's going on but an Ipad and vass shoes in a washing machine is not a good sign... Sorry, that sucks. Bring the ipad to the store and ask how much to fix it. Take a photo of the shoes and ask in the shoe care thread.

I let the person I am seeing use my condo they decided to do laundry came home heard loud as noise from the washing machine stopped it out came my new shoe totally soaked & iPad which was in it leather case. I think it's done I will try Apple Store tomorrow other wise tossing it away. For shoes I am wiping them down putting paper insyde it let it dry over night and if it's messed up then tossing it away this has been crazy night
post #16942 of 21791
So all the pictures & every thing I had saved is gone cause I was too lazy to back it up. So no more past pic dam technology had made me so lazy I stopped using my laptop but I can still use my iPhone 6 plus but no more old pic
post #16943 of 21791
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post



I let the person I am seeing use my condo they decided to do laundry came home heard loud as noise from the washing machine stopped it out came my new shoe totally soaked & iPad which was in it leather case. I think it's done I will try Apple Store tomorrow other wise tossing it away. For shoes I am wiping them down putting paper insyde it let it dry over night and if it's messed up then tossing it away this has been crazy night

You didn't happen to purchase the $99.00 Apple insurance for your IPad did you? I forget how it works for the IPad but I think ​it covers accidental damage. Of course I don't know where you purchased the device from or how but there may have been other possibilities as well. Anyway I also use a Life Proof case on mine which is supposed to be waterproof.

 

 

Don't be to aggressive when wiping down your shoes, and please do check the shoecare thread.

 

Fingers crossed bud, hope things work out for the best.

 

 

Good Luck,

 

Dan

post #16944 of 21791
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

So all the pictures & every thing I had saved is gone cause I was too lazy to back it up. So no more past pic dam technology had made me so lazy I stopped using my laptop but I can still use my iPhone 6 plus but no more old pic

You didn't turn on ICloud and​ Photostream by any chance did you?

post #16945 of 21791
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

You didn't turn on ICloud and​ Photostream by any chance did you?
I bought 128 gb just for hell of it just took pic with it one thing is good that all the shoes pic I had I up loaded on this site & other are gone nope I didn't had iCloud on & thank you for your help dddrees lol I mean if you guys want a water marinated pic of new iPad with leather cover I can post it using iPhone 6 plus but I read some were you rice so trying that out
post #16946 of 21791
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


I bought 128 gb just for hell of it just took pic with it one thing is good that all the shoes pic I had I up loaded on this site & other are gone nope I didn't had iCloud on & thank you for your help dddrees lol I mean if you guys want a water marinated pic of new iPad with leather cover I can post it using iPhone 6 plus but I read some were you rice so trying that out


But did you purchase AppleCare+ for $99.00?

 

If you did and it's within your first two years after initial purchase of the device you have two incidents of accidental protection for a $49.00 fee they will repair or replace your device. I tend to purchase AppleCarePlus for all of my Apple devices for this very reason besides the additional things that comes with that program such as the added one year lifetime warranty and technical support.

 

Good luck with the Rice thing, it wont dry out the internal components. Sorry

post #16947 of 21791
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


But did you purchase AppleCare+ for $99.00?

If you did and it's within your first two years after initial purchase of the device you have two incidents of accidental protection for a $49.00 fee they will repair or replace your device. I tend to purchase AppleCarePlus for all of my Apple devices for this very reason besides the additional things that comes with that program such as the added one year lifetime warranty and technical support.

Good luck with the Rice thing, it wont dry out the internal components. Sorry
I honestly never dropped or done any thing this stupid in my life but you live & learn very expensive lesson learned next time I am getting all the insurance & protection etc & thx the rice thing I doubt it would work but worth a shot. Thank you for your help & input.
post #16948 of 21791
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


I honestly never dropped or done any thing this stupid in my life but you live & learn very expensive lesson learned next time I am getting all the insurance & protection etc & thx the rice thing I doubt it would work but worth a shot. Thank you for your help & input.

Absolutely, it can't hurt to try and dry it out. In fact I would probably leave it alone for a good long time, just to give it a shot.

 

Mine is only 64GB but it comes with cellular like I imagine yours did, and yes that's a fairly expensive piece of technology.

 

just trying to help.

 

Good luck,

 

Dan 

post #16949 of 21791
Thank you bud your input is greatly appricated
post #16950 of 21791
@TtownMD whoa man, that really sucks. I sincerely hope that everything works out for your stuff. If you don't get the answers you're looking for concerning the shoes, feel free to PM me with pictures and I'll see if I can help you out with some pointers.

Now, I guess the question everyone is asking themselves is, if you're still seeing the same person?? wink.gif
Edited by hoodog - 8/29/15 at 10:30pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)