or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1127

post #16891 of 21781
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

For jodhpur JL gator strap and my other jodhpur is G&G coming September yes I have problems lol

Great choice with the gator strap from JL. It is one of the nicest jodhpur boots.

Yes you have problems right now. Aren't you a fellow right now? I guess you're making up for the lack of funds and shoes during medical school and residency.

You're buying a ton at one time and I hope that you are making sure that the fit is okay for each brand before you buy more from the same brands.
post #16892 of 21781
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post

Great choice with the gator strap from JL. It is one of the nicest jodhpur boots.

Yes you have problems right now. Aren't you a fellow right now? I guess you're making up for the lack of funds and shoes during medical school and residency.

You're buying a ton at one time and I hope that you are making sure that the fit is okay for each brand before you buy more from the same brands.
Nope not fellow full flight doc & finished my pain fellowship two months ago. Working for private p & hospital. Bought my first G&G through leffot got my size nailed & few other shoe sale gents worked with me for my sizing so got other sizing nailed also. But yes you can say I have shoe alcoholism.
post #16893 of 21781
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


Nope not fellow full flight doc & finished my pain fellowship two months ago. Working for private p & hospital. Bought my first G&G through leffot got my size nailed & few other shoe sale gents worked with me for my sizing so got other sizing nailed also. But yes you can say I have shoe alcoholism.


Just wait.  Next is MTM shirts.  Then you find yourself in Asia getting measured for suits.  It happens.

post #16894 of 21781
Quote:
Originally Posted by armsignet View Post


Just wait.  Next is MTM shirts.  Then you find yourself in Asia getting measured for suits.  It happens.
I am assuming you have done this lol I know you have good G&G collection of shoes. I do have few fellow attorney friends who actually do this. Was discussing this same subject at steak house in Easton mall
post #16895 of 21781
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


I am assuming you have done this lol I know you have good G&G collection of shoes. I do have few fellow attorney friends who actually do this. Was discussing this same subject at steak house in Easton mall


It's a slippery slope, but I tell myself I am being economical: G&G's from Skoak are a great deal!  Just look at US retailer prices...why pay $100 for an OTR shirt at the mall when you can get MTM for the same price from Proper Cloth...$800 for a half canvased suit?  Get a bespoke one from Singapore for the same price...the more you but the more you save, as the paradox goes.

post #16896 of 21781
Quote:
Originally Posted by armsignet View Post


It's a slippery slope, but I tell myself I am being economical: G&G's from Skoak are a great deal!  Just look at US retailer prices...why pay $100 for an OTR shirt at the mall when you can get MTM for the same price from Proper Cloth...$800 for a half canvased suit?  Get a bespoke one from Singapore for the same price...the more you but the more you save, as the paradox goes.
Yes sir you think like me my man I telling that to ppl & they think I am nuts that is one reason I stoped with Nordstrom no more ferragamos & NY boot etc when you can get higher quality for same price very well said.
post #16897 of 21781

By the way, I'm still waiting on those Thorpe pictures. LOL

post #16898 of 21781

Someone please post these Thorpe pics so @dddrees can sleep!

post #16899 of 21781
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
 

Someone please post these Thorpe pics so @dddrees can sleep!

Yes, yes I promise to go to sleep.

 

 

 

 

That is after the Thorpe pictures and after todays shoe fix. LOL

post #16900 of 21781
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Yes, yes I promise to go to sleep.




That is after the Thorpe pictures and after todays shoe fix. LOL

Who has their thorpes already? That seems a little fast.
post #16901 of 21781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post


Who has their thorpes already? That seems a little fast.

True, but there was one person on the Skoak thread who said he received his Thorpes.

 

I have no idea where he is located, or if he even picked them up personally.

post #16902 of 21781
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Nope not fellow full flight doc & finished my pain fellowship two months ago. Working for private p & hospital. Bought my first G&G through leffot got my size nailed & few other shoe sale gents worked with me for my sizing so got other sizing nailed also. But yes you can say I have shoe alcoholism.

You make me want to quit my job and go to med school now
post #16903 of 21781
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


Nope not fellow full flight doc & finished my pain fellowship two months ago. Working for private p & hospital. Bought my first G&G through leffot got my size nailed & few other shoe sale gents worked with me for my sizing so got other sizing nailed also. But yes you can say I have shoe alcoholism.

 

Well congrats!!!! I didn't realize that you finished the pain management fellowship already. So that makes sense why you started jumping in on them so fast. haha. 

 

I forgot that you went to Leffot for the first pair to work on sizing and then went to try other brands from there. 

 

Don't worry, there are a few of us who are shoe-aholics or boot-aholics!!!! I'm one of them too! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by armsignet View Post
 


Just wait.  Next is MTM shirts.  Then you find yourself in Asia getting measured for suits.  It happens.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


I am assuming you have done this lol I know you have good G&G collection of shoes. I do have few fellow attorney friends who actually do this. Was discussing this same subject at steak house in Easton mall

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by armsignet View Post
 


It's a slippery slope, but I tell myself I am being economical: G&G's from Skoak are a great deal!  Just look at US retailer prices...why pay $100 for an OTR shirt at the mall when you can get MTM for the same price from Proper Cloth...$800 for a half canvased suit?  Get a bespoke one from Singapore for the same price...the more you but the more you save, as the paradox goes.

Yea it is more money to buy the better shoes, but they are so superior and if you find a good source, like Skoak, you save quite a bit over the US retailers and get amazing service. 

 

Yea it is crazy to buy $100 OTR shirts in my opinion as well, when you can get MTM for comparable prices as a direct to consumer. 

I haven't tried the bargain bespoke suits since I very rarely wear suits and have just had RTW suits tailored for the few times a year i need them, but I may need to consider this down the line. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


Yes sir you think like me my man I telling that to ppl & they think I am nuts that is one reason I stoped with Nordstrom no more ferragamos & NY boot etc when you can get higher quality for same price very well said.

Yea i've don't the same over the past few years and it makes a huge difference. It is quality over quantity that matters in fine menswear, but of course you can have both quality and quantity if you do your research on great makers for the price and proper retailers. 

post #16904 of 21781
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewStart View Post


You make me want to quit my job and go to med school now


don't!!! 

 

it's a long haul and as you may know, not all specialties make great money for all of the expenses for school and time invested. Thank God i didn't go into family or internal medicine. haha

post #16905 of 21781
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewStart View Post

You make me want to quit my job and go to med school now
I am turning 30 next month & I had too much schooling and it's never ending & I had no life for past 10 + years. If it's your passion & you are young go for it but one thing I will tell you is make sure you enjoy it. It's not for every one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)