or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1104

post #16546 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

@TtownMD

Why not get the black Sinatra and apply some navy polish for a little depth?

I'm still liking the MH71 for the Sinatra, but TG73 is growing on me.

Cc @Ironist

Do you have an example of this?
post #16547 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightseason View Post

This one is on GG's online shop, so you can order it from retailers as RTW price, but not all the retailers will do that, I asked Skoak, but I was told they are not allowed to pull stock inventory for the none Deco style on Deco last, then I asked another retailer in US, they can do that and the price is almost the same as Skoak's. Warwick is the only style on Deco last on GG's website now, hope could come more.

Um, we can do any stock pull from G&G, I have to speak to my team about that. Sorry you were misinformed.
post #16548 of 21775


Thanks AndrzejJopek, really appreciate your kind words. I think a pair of racing green will be great.

post #16549 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

@TtownMD

Why not get the black Sinatra and apply some navy polish for a little depth?

I'm still liking the MH71 for the Sinatra, but TG73 is growing on me.

Cc @Ironist


Interesting with the Navy on Black.

I got some C&J black Weymouth whole cuts i may just try that out on to give them a different look.

The problem i find with black shoes is that they all look the same and it takes something exceptional like the Sinatra or Deco range to make them stand out.

post #16550 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrzejJopek View Post


Interesting with the Navy on Black.
I got some C&J black Weymouth whole cuts i may just try that out on to give them a different look.
The problem i find with black shoes is that they all look the same and it takes something exceptional like the Sinatra or Deco range to make them stand out.

Navy polish on black is the most common one I've heard. Another that Steven Taffel of Leffot has suggested is Navy polish on burgundy.
post #16551 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Navy polish on black is the most common one I've heard. Another that Steven Taffel of Leffot has suggested is Navy polish on burgundy.

Navy on burgundy gives the shoes some depth.
post #16552 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

@TtownMD

Why not get the black Sinatra and apply some navy polish for a little depth?

I'm still liking the MH71 for the Sinatra, but TG73 is growing on me.

Cc @Ironist

Thank you for,the input I will have to keep that in mimd & may be give it a try.
post #16553 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Navy polish on black is the most common one I've heard. Another that Steven Taffel of Leffot has suggested is Navy polish on burgundy.

I heard of navy on burgundy and other colors and that makes sense because navy is darker so you can tell. But black is so dark it's hard to see it making as much of an impact.

Just looked it up in google:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The most striking difference to me is that one was shined and the other was not. I can't see it can you guys? I think the point was to get it to be darker than black rather than bluish. I guess I'll try it on mine next time just for kicks.
post #16554 of 21775
From that pic I would agree with you not much difference also ironist do you own jodhpur by G&G by any chance. Soak is getting them for fall looks very interesting.
post #16555 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

From that pic I would agree with you not much difference also ironist do you own jodhpur by G&G by any chance. Soak is getting them for fall looks very interesting.

Unfortunately no. I am in on the burnham though and by the look of my westminsters, it looks like deep cedar is a very rich and unique color. Should be great.
post #16556 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

I heard of navy on burgundy and other colors and that makes sense because navy is darker so you can tell. But black is so dark it's hard to see it making as much of an impact.

Just looked it up in google:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The most striking difference to me is that one was shined and the other was not. I can't see it can you guys? I think the point was to get it to be darker than black rather than bluish. I guess I'll try it on mine next time just for kicks.

There is some nice depth to the shading!
post #16557 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

I heard of navy on burgundy and other colors and that makes sense because navy is darker so you can tell. But black is so dark it's hard to see it making as much of an impact.

Just looked it up in google:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The most striking difference to me is that one was shined and the other was not. I can't see it can you guys? I think the point was to get it to be darker than black rather than bluish. I guess I'll try it on mine next time just for kicks.

It isn't something I do, but it's not the first I've heard of it either and to be fair this is only one pair of shoes and one picture. If I remember correctly it can add a bit of depth.
post #16558 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Um, we can do any stock pull from G&G, I have to speak to my team about that. Sorry you were misinformed.

In widths too, or would that be MTO territory?

(I'm asking here instead of email in case anyone else would like to know.)
post #16559 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

In widths too, or would that be MTO territory?

(I'm asking here instead of email in case anyone else would like to know.)

Stock pulls are only in the same widths listed (E Width). No F Width's that I know of. Sorry!
post #16560 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

Unfortunately no. I am in on the burnham though and by the look of my westminsters, it looks like deep cedar is a very rich and unique color. Should be great.
Dam those boot are nice also,adding them to have list after jodhpur
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)