or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1052

post #15766 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


Nice, very nice!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lartiste View Post
 

 

Very nice, really like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post


Full quote because I should stop buying GG and should spend much less on the Kenneth Cole counterparts.

Fucking fabulous though Shouldaville

 

Thanks guys! Definitely one of the better "oaks" I've had (Dark, Vintage, etc.).

post #15767 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


The real deal:

'tis true, now those with faded jeans would be rocking, IMHO the trousers are a mess (cuffs far too deep) and I think we can do better than navy socks ffs

post #15768 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewStart View Post

StJ II with jean for a sunny Saturday


Now that's what I had in mind and how I prety much wear all my Oxford's apart from the black workwear ones.

Personally I prefer St James in other colours and the jeans a bit more faded but to each their own. I think Kensington would look superb too.

The MH71 last is just so perfect for the toe cap and the beautiful waist makes them look almost sculptured.

Job interview Tuesday, if I get it I will be off to London. Have already got plenty of Levi's, now just need a pair of St James to go with them.

On the flip I shall stick with my humble wanna-be Belgraves if I flunk it

post #15769 of 21772

Classic multistripe

I feel these socks work rather well with the look too :)

post #15770 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post


I agree that any shoe can be but my question is should it be. I think there are sneakers, boots, loafers, etc better suited for denim. I just don't see the congruent nature of one of the most dressy shoes out there with one of the most casual pants out there.

Just my .02 that's all


That's the point, there is no congruent nature.

Rich people generally have little idea how to wear street/casual clothes...they're always looking for the expensive option in T-shirts, trainers, jumpers etc etc

However for poorer people like myself there is one golden rule: you never change your watch or your shoes. So I prefer to slum it in Oxfords with a Rolex than dress the pair up.

However there is on caveat, never ever wear black shoes with jeans. That is like going to a black tie in brown shoes aaaaaaggggghhhhhh

post #15771 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berners15 View Post
 


That's the point, there is no congruent nature.

Rich people generally have little idea how to wear street/casual clothes...they're always looking for the expensive option in T-shirts, trainers, jumpers etc etc

However for poorer people like myself there is one golden rule: you never change your watch or your shoes. So I prefer to slum it in Oxfords with a Rolex than dress the pair up.

However there is on caveat, never ever wear black shoes with jeans. That is like going to a black tie in brown shoes aaaaaaggggghhhhhh

 

I have limited experiences since I wear jeans really on rare occasions. But in my opinion it is much better to wear even black (oxford) shoes with jeans than to wear trainers like majority people do ... . And even more better than to wear jeans with those outdoor shoes (usually sold by stores specialized in sale of stuff for trips to nature).   

 

Just my 2 cents ... .

post #15772 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by lartiste View Post
 

 

I have limited experiences since I wear jeans really on rare occasions. But in my opinion it is much better to wear even black (oxford) shoes with jeans than to wear trainers like majority people do ... . And even more better than to wear jeans with those outdoor shoes (usually sold by stores specialized in sale of stuff for trips to nature).   

 

Just my 2 cents ... .


Each to their own. I just happen to have an aversion to black shoes and jeans.....and I do have quite a lot of trainers....I agree at 50yrs of age I really do need to stop the trainer thing :embar:

post #15773 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berners15 View Post

However there is on caveat, never ever wear black shoes with jeans. That is like going to a black tie in brown shoes aaaaaaggggghhhhhh

WFT?
post #15774 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Can I be the only one who thinks the dressy style of the St James should not be mixed with denim? Its too dressy a shoe in my opinion to be worn with denim.

Have to say I Agree. Jeans = bluchers, no oxfords. Maybe suede oxfords if you're really trying, but not calf oxfords
post #15775 of 21772
We're talking style so everyone has their personal tastes but if you're trying to look the absolute best then nothing GG makes should be worn with jeans. Go buy a pair of aldens or just wear sneakers. GG is much too sleek and upscale to work with jeans which are comfortable and laid back.

I guess it's understandable to do it though. You want to wear these shoes but you want to be comfortable so you wear jeans. I don't like going half in, I go all in or not at all.
post #15776 of 21772
St. James in the vintage oak. They were a little lighter color than I received them about a week ago. I polished them with Saphir Dark Brown Creme and Saphir Dark Brown Wax. Now they are the perfect color. Probably going to wear these mostly with jeans.

post #15777 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

I agree that any shoe can be but my question is should it be. I think there are sneakers, boots, loafers, etc better suited for denim. I just don't see the congruent nature of one of the most dressy shoes out there with one of the most casual pants out there.

Just my .02 that's all

I think this is just a case of personal taste and where you live. I live near Miami and you see everything. When I first saw people with dress shirts untucked with jeans I thought it was ridiculous, but it grew on me and is now considered the "appropriate attire" for a fashionable night out in Miami.
post #15778 of 21772
I think a large part is how the rest of the outfit comes together for if a dressier shoe works with jeans. If you're wearing a tee shirt with them, then the fancy pair of st James May look a bit out of place bit if you're wearing a shirt and maybe a jacket to dress it up a bit, then they look great!

I like suede oxfords with jeans too, like my polo suede st James II on the TG73.
post #15779 of 21772
I always prefer some pair of shoes over trainers for jeans. We love style so a little over dressing is better than under. We all have plenty if shoes so I think we can find pairs to work with jeans either dressed up or down.

Trainers are for the gym. You can have a lot of trainers too but then just make them go with your outfits for the gym. I have a good 20 pairs so I have variety at the gym and of course in my scrubs too!
post #15780 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by charvey View Post

I think this is just a case of personal taste and where you live. I live near Miami and you see everything. When I first saw people with dress shirts untucked with jeans I thought it was ridiculous, but it grew on me and is now considered the "appropriate attire" for a fashionable night out in Miami.

I don't understand this logic... Other people dress badly, so it's okay to do it too?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)