Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 12/14/16 at 11:47am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 1/20/17 at 3:00am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1050post #15736 of 220276/5/15 at 4:26ampost #15737 of 220276/5/15 at 6:47ampost #15738 of 220276/5/15 at 7:28ampost #15739 of 220276/5/15 at 7:58amQuote:Quote:
I am not talking about pant length. I am talking about the execution of the hem. See that "line" that is visible 3-4 inches above the bottom of the pants? That's where the foldover has been sewn down.
That's lazy work, and it looks like crap. The tailor left way too much room for error.
Looks like crap for 2 reasons:
1) You can see the line very obviously, and it looks that much more out of place being halfway up your leg.
2) The whole area between the end of the pants and that line has a doubled amount of pants. That makes it stiffer, and makes it break less naturally vs a properly hemmed pantaloon.
Saks once gave me a pair of pants tailored like this, and I was like WTF? GTFO. Redo that shit. And they did. Should be less than two inches of doubled up shit.
Don't take it too hard, DpprDr, it's easy to fix.post #15740 of 220276/5/15 at 10:48ampost #15741 of 220276/5/15 at 1:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by armsignet
FYI - I have noticed that the adage "all G&G lasts fit the same" is not true. Nor do all designs fit the same on the same last. For instance, Gables on TG73 in 7.5EUK are a perfect fit for me, but the SJII and Sinatras in the same size and last run a little large on me. Not enough to warrant changing sizes, but it is noticeable.
I have confirmed on two different Sinatras and two different Gables because these shoes are so great that one pair is not enough.
So true, not everyone seems to have the same issue thought. Everything I have so far is on DG70. Fits great in my bramhall, astaire. Rothschild a little loser on the vamp and canturbury boots are very tight.
Every time I try on a tg73 there is just so much room around the vamp and toes. A big void basically. The lacing is normally ok on some models but I tried on a Westminster the other week and the Laces closed right up. No "v" at all. I still have laces that don't fully close on my Bramhalls which I have worn 30 odd times.
The deco always seems good too but it's just easy to stick to dg70 or have some amendments made to the last, which I may have done on my next pair. I am looking for a Sj2 new pattern in v.rioja. If I am brave I may go for an amended last or a narrow width. Or just stick to what I know and go Dg70. People rarely have SJ on dg70 that I see. It's good to be a bit different!!!post #15742 of 220276/5/15 at 1:34pmpost #15743 of 220276/5/15 at 2:31pmpost #15744 of 220276/5/15 at 2:52pmpost #15745 of 220276/5/15 at 2:53pmpost #15746 of 220276/5/15 at 3:58pmQuote:To be fair, I think the only times I have seen him comment on SF lately, was to comment on hems.
There's consistency there at least...post #15747 of 220276/5/15 at 6:57pmpost #15748 of 220276/6/15 at 2:21ampost #15749 of 220276/6/15 at 5:16ampost #15750 of 220276/6/15 at 5:42am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1027 Active Users (136 Members and 891 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The Rise and Rise of Donald J Trump 6 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 11 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 17 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 23 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 23 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 28 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 29 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...