or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1014

post #15196 of 21777
First weekend in a while the weather has permitted suede.

post #15197 of 21777
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmoore82 View Post

First weekend in a while the weather has permitted suede.

mole suede on the TG73? nice combo none the less!

post #15198 of 21777
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post

mole suede on the TG73? nice combo none the less!

Thanks. Indeed in that combo.
post #15199 of 21777
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmoore82 View Post


Thanks. Indeed in that combo.


if you haven't seen my recent post, I have the St. James II on the TG73 in Polo suede! I love being able to pull out the suede boys with this great weather we are finally starting to have on the east coast!

post #15200 of 21777
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post


if you haven't seen my recent post, I have the St. James II on the TG73 in Polo suede! I love being able to pull out the suede boys with this great weather we are finally starting to have on the east coast!

Yeah I remember seeing your post on the St James polo suedes. I'm a big fan of that combo and would have it at the top of the list for my next suede. The polo colour is simply gorgeous!
post #15201 of 21777
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmoore82 View Post


Yeah I remember seeing your post on the St James polo suedes. I'm a big fan of that combo and would have it at the top of the list for my next suede. The polo colour is simply gorgeous!


thanks! I love it but I really am falling for your mole suede as well. I think it would look great with a two tone boot using the mole suede for the shaft. Or even in a spectator style wingtip with the suede for the bending points on the vamp.

post #15202 of 21777
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Sort of agree, but TG73 otherwise seems a little too pointy for me. I do like it for the Connaught.

What is the G&G Wingtip single monk called?
Can't find it, but did come across this, which I believe is bespoke:



@Leaves

If you could ever pull a GMTO together for something like that...one can only dream smile.gif

those are mine, bespoke smile.gif
post #15203 of 21777

I have a quick question for all the people have experienced with G&G. I tried a number of different brands shoes but can't find anything as a good fit as G&G shoes I have. The current G&G shoes I have is Carlyle with MH71 last in size 6.5 UK. What I like about G&G that I can't find in other shoes so far are the bottom arch support and the contour of the outer foot. It fits so well for my feet. Of course, the leather is superior to other shoes I have but I understand that comes at a price.

 

So far I tried the following shoes.

 

C&J shoes - Tetbury, Hallam - they don't have bottom arch support and the contour of the outer foot like G&G. The shoes show too much creases because my feet don't fill in the shoes very well.

 

Magnanni - I have a size 7 and it runs a bit big. I would need to use an insole for it to fit and for the bottom support. Not high quality and the leather is thin.

 

Sutor Mantellassi - boot size 7 and it run a bit big on the heel. No much arch support like G&G shoes.

 

My question is what are other brands that have a similar fit like G&G shoes but cheaper. I don't want to spend that much of money on shoes for daily wear. Since this thread shows a lot of people are wearing G&G shoes. Therefore, I would hope people have some brand suggestions for me to try.

 

Thanks in advance guys!

post #15204 of 21777
@ShoesC I find Cheaney 11525 to be pretty similar to TG73 and Cheaney 205 to be close enough as well. Maybe you want to give them a try.
post #15205 of 21777
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post

@ShoesC I find Cheaney 11525 to be pretty similar to TG73 and Cheaney 205 to be close enough as well. Maybe you want to give them a try.

Thanks for the suggestion. What's your take on the quality of Cheaney shoes? Appreciate all your help!
post #15206 of 21777
I put Cheaney in the same sentence as Carmina and Alden, so hope that helps.
post #15207 of 21777
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoesC View Post

I have a quick question for all the people have experienced with G&G. I tried a number of different brands shoes but can't find anything as a good fit as G&G shoes I have. The current G&G shoes I have is Carlyle with MH71 last in size 6.5 UK. What I like about G&G that I can't find in other shoes so far are the bottom arch support and the contour of the outer foot. It fits so well for my feet. Of course, the leather is superior to other shoes I have but I understand that comes at a price.

So far I tried the following shoes.

C&J shoes - Tetbury, Hallam - they don't have bottom arch support and the contour of the outer foot like G&G. The shoes show too much creases because my feet don't fill in the shoes very well.

Magnanni - I have a size 7 and it runs a bit big. I would need to use an insole for it to fit and for the bottom support. Not high quality and the leather is thin.

Sutor Mantellassi - boot size 7 and it run a bit big on the heel. No much arch support like G&G shoes.

My question is what are other brands that have a similar fit like G&G shoes but cheaper. I don't want to spend that much of money on shoes for daily wear. Since this thread shows a lot of people are wearing G&G shoes. Therefore, I would hope people have some brand suggestions for me to try.

Thanks in advance guys!
The best substitute would be EG, although they aren't that much cheaper. Honestly I haven't found many with the same support. Cheaney works just like AS for me. I do find them slightly more generous; however, it's been some time since I wore them.
post #15208 of 21777
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmoore82 View Post

First weekend in a while the weather has permitted suede.


Not yet a suede wearer myself, but have my first pair on order - I've heard conventional wisdom say suede is not for foul weather. But then again, I've also seen it writ that it's at least as good, even better, than smooth calf. O hive mind, which line of thought is more correct in your experience?
post #15209 of 21777
Quote:
Originally Posted by grc1 View Post


Not yet a suede wearer myself, but have my first pair on order - I've heard conventional wisdom say suede is not for foul weather. But then again, I've also seen it writ that it's at least as good, even better, than smooth calf. O hive mind, which line of thought is more correct in your experience?

 

Suede + waterproofing > calf for me. At least in light to moderate rain, suede doesn't look any worse for wear, whereas my calf can have watermarks.

post #15210 of 21777
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoesC View Post
 

I have a quick question for all the people have experienced with G&G. I tried a number of different brands shoes but can't find anything as a good fit as G&G shoes I have. The current G&G shoes I have is Carlyle with MH71 last in size 6.5 UK. What I like about G&G that I can't find in other shoes so far are the bottom arch support and the contour of the outer foot. It fits so well for my feet. Of course, the leather is superior to other shoes I have but I understand that comes at a price.

 

So far I tried the following shoes.

 

C&J shoes - Tetbury, Hallam - they don't have bottom arch support and the contour of the outer foot like G&G. The shoes show too much creases because my feet don't fill in the shoes very well.

 

Magnanni - I have a size 7 and it runs a bit big. I would need to use an insole for it to fit and for the bottom support. Not high quality and the leather is thin.

 

Sutor Mantellassi - boot size 7 and it run a bit big on the heel. No much arch support like G&G shoes.

 

My question is what are other brands that have a similar fit like G&G shoes but cheaper. I don't want to spend that much of money on shoes for daily wear. Since this thread shows a lot of people are wearing G&G shoes. Therefore, I would hope people have some brand suggestions for me to try.

 

Thanks in advance guys!


Carmina fit is not similar, but some styles are.  At 1/3 the price (from Skoak), I think Carmina is a good compromise between price and style.

 

Compare these to G&G Sinatra or EG Newbury:

 

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/carmina/products/carmina-whole-cut-in-black

 

Or these to G&G Burnham:

 

http://www.shop.carminashoemaker.com/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3465224

 

Or these to G&G oxfords:

 

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/carmina/products/carmina-modern-classic-in-brown

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)