Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 7:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 9:54 am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 999post #14971 of 217643/17/15 at 6:20ampost #14972 of 217643/17/15 at 9:07ampost #14973 of 217643/17/15 at 9:29ampost #14974 of 217643/17/15 at 9:37ampost #14975 of 217643/17/15 at 10:06amMaiden voyage this morning of my "new" Arrans in vintage oak. (New for me, at least, as I recently purchased these from an esteemed SF member.)
Very quick outside / inside photos from the iPhone:
These are a UK 10 D - which fit my narrow feet very well. Any thoughts on how best to find D widths?
AHSpost #14976 of 217643/17/15 at 10:06ampost #14977 of 217643/17/15 at 10:17am
Seems like it. They are listed as an authorized retailer on the G&G site.
At least this gives us DC area residents a place to try their lasts. I stopped by their store and took the pic. It looks nice there and the owner is really cool. He also does repairs.post #14978 of 217643/17/15 at 10:26ampost #14979 of 217643/17/15 at 10:29ampost #14980 of 217643/17/15 at 10:41ampost #14981 of 217643/17/15 at 2:15pmpost #14982 of 217643/17/15 at 2:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by The Shoe Snob
To be honest, I am not sure, I believe that certain things come with trees and other things don't. I can't be positive. For example, if it was a bespoke reject, then most likely it will have trees as there will be no other shoe that they will fit perfectly.
But as a precaution, don't expect trees to come with the shoes. They retail for nearly the sample sale prices.
Thanks, I'll wait and see if they come with any, to be honest I wasn't expecting any, because as you say they are almost the price of a pair of shoes!
Probably worth splashing out on some lasted trees though. Can't wait to get them.
It's an exciting few days, going to my tailors tomorrow to get fitted for a new DB overcoat.
Project after that will be a pair of your Balmorals but in my own tartanpost #14983 of 217643/17/15 at 2:45pmIt's an Arran fest this evening! Here are mine - another kop from last week's sample sale: mh71 with double leather sole.
Insanely comfortable on the very first day of wear (other than half an hour round the house). The dark oak looks a little flat for my tastes. Any suggestions on the use of creams/polishes to give them a little more depth and complexity of colour?post #14984 of 217643/17/15 at 5:19pmpost #14985 of 217643/17/15 at 7:09pmHere are some G&G we have for the Spring Clearance at OAK ROOM TAIPEI. The sale is winding up, and there are still some good sizes left (6E to 9.5E). If anyone here is interested, let me know (PM)!
G&G Burlington MH71. Mole Suede. Wensome Sole. Trees included
G&G Woburn. GG06. Vintage Chestnut. Double Leather Sole. Trees included
G&G Hove. MH71. Oak Hatchgrain. Single Leather Sole. Trees included
We take paypal at this time. Price excludes VAT, and shipping to Asia $20 / shipping to USA $30. Thanks!
edit: forgot to tell that trees are inclusive.
Edited by nutcracker - 3/17/15 at 8:38pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › House of Kydos - Official Affiliate Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 11 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 18 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 21 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 22 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 29 minutes ago
- › Eidos Navy Ragosta Field Jacket Size 50 29 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway