i feel like that post belongs in a disney movie. it warmed my heart.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 10/4/16 at 1:48pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:31 am in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 10/22/16 at 4:06am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 100post #1486 of 2164710/16/11 at 4:10pmpost #1487 of 2164710/16/11 at 4:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by fritzlQuote:Originally Posted by Despos
imo, that's the real "purpose" of cusom made. well done.
Thank you. Picked the style of shoe I wanted and the best looking color of suede and rolled the dice.post #1488 of 2164710/16/11 at 6:04pmpost #1489 of 2164710/16/11 at 7:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by cscharti
Gentlemen, I am considering the purchase of either a vintage rioja, vintage cherry or bordeaux calf in a yet to be determined style. I had a few questions, first not having seen any of these colors in person what are the general opinions on these three colors from G&G?
Also, I've asked this question on the Vass thread with great results and since I have an odd heel I'm in need of a few measurements in the heel of various G&G lasts. For those of you that own the 73 or 71 last, could you measure the depth on the inside of the shoe from the bottom of the heel to the top of the leather on the heel. I have gotten a measurement of 2.25" on the C&J 348 last, 2.5" on the AE 5 last and about 2.4" in the Vass U last.
I have a quirky foot and have some discomfort in the heel, that doesn't break in, on anything lower than about 2.25"
Thanks for your help guys, it is greatly appreciated.
I should have a pair in vintage cherry to poast by the end of this week - if that helps you with color selection.post #1490 of 2164710/17/11 at 3:02amQuote:
This has been the topic of many discussions. Personally I have to wear one half size up from C&J (I wear 12 in G&G and 11.5 in CJ).
Edited by Leaves - 10/19/11 at 1:22ampost #1491 of 2164710/17/11 at 6:34ampost #1492 of 2164710/17/11 at 6:49ampost #1493 of 2164710/17/11 at 7:15ampost #1494 of 2164710/17/11 at 7:38ampost #1495 of 2164710/17/11 at 8:39ampost #1496 of 2164710/17/11 at 8:45amQuote:
That is correct, from what I have seen. Up until last week, all of the shoes that are now GBP660 were GBP625. Others that were more expensive than that before have gone up by varying amounts as well. I am guessing that G&G has raised their prices, hence the price increase from Bespoke.Quote:
Yeah, Bespoke only has the Warwick in F-width. I was seriously considering getting a pair of those, if not for the width. I really like that design a lot.Quote:
Last I checked, Edwards of Manchester only carries F-width for G&G.
EDIT: Just checked the site again, they do have some new E-width shoes now that they didn't have before. Unfortunately, these are all of the GBP640 ones, which would suggest that G&G's base prices have definitely gone up.
Edited by commodorewheeler - 10/17/11 at 9:05ampost #1497 of 2164710/17/11 at 1:31pmpost #1498 of 2164710/17/11 at 1:46pmpost #1499 of 2164710/17/11 at 8:19pmpost #1500 of 2164710/19/11 at 1:20am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1453 Active Users (302 Members and 1151 Guests)
- › Cigars 49 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 9 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...