or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 969

post #14521 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker View Post
 

Can you just request a deco last to be used for a regular MTO without the Deco upcharge?

Yes, there is a surcharge to have a none Deco style made on the Deco last. These MTO's will also have the standard fiddle waist from G&G Benchmade, not the hand set Deco waist. This is because not to dilute the Deco collection

post #14522 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb666 View Post

Nice!

www.theshoesnobblog.com/2015/02/new-bespoke-molto-monk-by-gaziano-girling.html

And a sample sale on 12 and 13 March.

Pity I'm in the wrong hemisphere...

Well if I ever make it to England I know where about $7,000 of my money is going.
post #14523 of 21786
So you order multiple straps? The panerai of shoes! laugh.gif
post #14524 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post



Well if I ever make it to England I know where about $7,000 of my money is going.

 



That would be around $8600 of my money, I love it when the bespoke guys go on about how for "just a bit more" than premium RTW, you could get awesomesauce bespoke. But every time I see awesomesauce bespoke shoes the price tage is SEVERAL times that of premium RTW - even when comparing offerings of the same brand.

These shoes are a cool concept. I dig 'em. But if I had that kind of coin to drop on a single pair of bespoke - as opposed to an instant premium RTW rotation - I'd probably spend it on a more traditional offering.
post #14525 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post



Well if I ever make it to England I know where about $7,000 of my money is going.

 



That would be around $8600 of my money, I love it when the bespoke guys go on about how for "just a bit more" than premium RTW, you could get awesomesauce bespoke. But every time I see awesomesauce bespoke shoes the price tage is SEVERAL times that of premium RTW - even when comparing offerings of the same brand.

These shoes are a cool concept. I dig 'em. But if I had that kind of coin to drop on a single pair of bespoke - as opposed to an instant premium RTW rotation - I'd probably spend it on a more traditional offering.

There are quite a few operations in Europe and East Asia that offer hand-welted bespoke for just above, similar, or just below prices as G&G RTW. Not available to North Americans without a plane ticket, though. 

post #14526 of 21786
^^^ Yes, the airfare and travel time are a bit of a snag in the value equation.
post #14527 of 21786
Are bespoke shoes worth it ? Yes absolutely, but as someone who had bespoke shoes buying/making experience I offer this advice. Make sure that person who is making the shoes is also a person who will take measurement and evaluate fit of the test shoes.

I must admit that wholecut with interchangeable straps does not appeal to me much.
post #14528 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post



Well if I ever make it to England I know where about $7,000 of my money is going.

 



That would be around $8600 of my money, I love it when the bespoke guys go on about how for "just a bit more" than premium RTW, you could get awesomesauce bespoke. But every time I see awesomesauce bespoke shoes the price tage is SEVERAL times that of premium RTW - even when comparing offerings of the same brand.

These shoes are a cool concept. I dig 'em. But if I had that kind of coin to drop on a single pair of bespoke - as opposed to an instant premium RTW rotation - I'd probably spend it on a more traditional offering.

Most of my bespoke Cleverleys are ~$3900 USD. Not sure where these prices are coming from. Also, pair of bespoke Cleverly Croc shoes are actually cheaper than Croc Edward Greens.
post #14529 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post


Most of my bespoke Cleverleys are ~$3900 USD. Not sure where these prices are coming from. Also, pair of bespoke Cleverly Croc shoes are actually cheaper than Croc Edward Greens.

 

The prices are coming from Justin's blog, quoting a price of GBP4500 for the bespoke G&G's.

 

So RTW Cleverleys cost what - $600 - $700?  So your bespoke Cleverleys are more than 5- 7 times the price?  That's what I meant when I said the bespoke premium - comparing offerings from the same brand - are not just a bit more $$ but several times the RTW $$.

post #14530 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

The prices are coming from Justin's blog, quoting a price of GBP4500 for the bespoke G&G's.

So RTW Cleverleys cost what - $600 - $700?  So your bespoke Cleverleys are more than 5- 7 times the price?  That's what I meant when I said the bespoke premium - comparing offerings from the same brand - are not just a bit more $$ but several times the RTW $$.

Well, I never claimed that bespoke is "just a bit more" than RTW. That must be coming from another bespoker.

I just wanted to clear up misconceptions about pricing. Also, a better comparison here would be RTW Anthony Cleverleys vs. bespoke Cleverleys rather than mainline Cleverley vs. bespoke. In that case the cost is ~$1900 vs $3900.

Let's face it. Bespoke is not cheap be it shoes, suits, shirts underwear, whatever. Some people think it's worth it, some don't. I just don't get the constant references to bespoke shoe buyers as elitists.
post #14531 of 21786
Isham is greater than hove. I maybe in on the kudu.
post #14532 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post


Well, I never claimed that bespoke is "just a bit more" than RTW. That must be coming from another bespoker.

I just wanted to clear up misconceptions about pricing. Also, a better comparison here would be RTW Anthony Cleverleys vs. bespoke Cleverleys rather than mainline Cleverley vs. bespoke. In that case the cost is ~$1900 vs $3900.

Let's face it. Bespoke is not cheap be it shoes, suits, shirts underwear, whatever. Some people think it's worth it, some don't. I just don't get the constant references to bespoke shoe buyers as elitists.

 

I never said that you did.  And I have no idea to whom you are referring when you claim that bespoke wearers are described as elitist.

 

You may choose your points of comparison as you like.  I am comparing Cleverley RTW to Cleverley bespoke.  GG RTW to GG bespoke.

 

I have no misconceptions about pricing.  I know what RTW GGs cost.  And unless you are saying that Justin's quoted price on the bespoke GGs is wrong, the numbers speak for themselves however you might like to spin them.

 

My only point was the significant price differential between bespoke and RTW of the same brand, compared with suggestions I have repeatedly read that if you are buying premium RTW shoes, the jump to bespoke isn't that great.  Yes, some will find value in bespoke footwear and others won't.  I respect both points of view.  Do you?

post #14533 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I never said that you did.  And I have no idea to whom you are referring when you claim that bespoke wearers are described as elitist.

You may choose your points of comparison as you like.  I am comparing Cleverley RTW to Cleverley bespoke.  GG RTW to GG bespoke.

I have no misconceptions about pricing.  I know what RTW GGs cost.  And unless you are saying that Justin's quoted price on the bespoke GGs is wrong, the numbers speak for themselves however you might like to spin them.

My only point was the significant price differential between bespoke and RTW of the same brand, compared with suggestions I have repeatedly read that if you are buying premium RTW shoes, the jump to bespoke isn't that great.  Yes, some will find value in bespoke footwear and others won't.  I respect both points of view.  Do you?

Look, I'm not going to get into some flame war with you. I have better things to do with my time. Of course I respect both points of view and I can confidently say that I have purchased many many more RTW shoes than bespoke.
post #14534 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post


Look, I'm not going to get into some flame war with you. I have better things to do with my time. Of course I respect both points of view and I can confidently say that I have purchased many many more RTW shoes than bespoke.


What flame war?  You are quoting my posts denying making statements which I have never attributed to you, while simultaneously complaining of being branded an elitist (which term I have never used to describe you or bespoke wearers in general).

 

I don't know where any of that is coming from.

post #14535 of 21786
Trying to generate interest for GMTO. Almost there on a few models.

Thorpe and Wigmore have 3 people each. Arran has 2 people.

G&G Arran Chukkas in Dark Brown/Espresso Highland Grain - badsha, Pbayvip

G&G Thorpe Boots in Vintage Oak Calf/Oak Hatch Grain MH71 - badsha, Pbayvip, Nullson

G&G Oakham Double Monks in Deep Cherry & Burgundy Highland Grain TG73

G&G Wigmore in Racing Green Calf/Green Hatch Green DG70 - badsha, stevent, dmbthomson
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)