or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 941

post #14101 of 21772
75% off and 2 different colors in one

and doubles as 2 cup holders

amazing!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #14102 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

75% off and 2 different colors in one

and doubles as 2 cup holders

amazing!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


Cup holders, now why didn't I think of that.

 

Now I have no worries when the wife sees my latest pair of boots. LOL

post #14103 of 21772
With those babies you won't even need a cup. Just drink it straight out of the boot like a real man.
post #14104 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

With those babies you won't even need a cup. Just drink it straight out of the boot like a real man.

New glasses, now my wife should really appreciate that.

 

 

She's been talking about getting new glasses. LOL

post #14105 of 21772
rubber double dainite right? built in tumbler right there, non slip even
post #14106 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

rubber double dainite right? built in tumbler right there, non slip even


Non-slip, non-spill, and split toe to boot. LOL

post #14107 of 21772
So unfortunately we had a couple folks drop out of the Burgundy Highland Grain GMTO that I am trying to organize through Skoak. We are back down to 3 people confirmed right now on the E width - any additional interest out there? Unfortunately I think the Arran Highland Grain might be siphoning our interest. But I am still holding out hope.

Just a reminder for the specs:

Burgundy Highland Grain
Exposed antiqued brass eyelets (all eyelets)
Double Dainite with storm welt
MH71

Members currently with confirmed interest in E width:
myself
@justinkapur
@heelguy

I have had inquiries from the following members who were doing their diligence - perhaps you are in now?
@domino123
@rydenfan
@KenRose
@gngrprince
@IGotId
@jkater1

We still do not have the elusive 5 of the same width orders to take it to the next step. Shoot me a PM if you are interested or if you have any questions.

Awesome mock up to give you a taste of what the finished boot will look like:


Two photos of burgundy highland grain on other makeups under different lighting conditions:

post #14108 of 21772
About to confirm my order for Rothschild in Vintage Chestnut on DG70. Do you guys think Vintage Chestnut would look better with natural edge trimming or the normal darker edge? Also, has anyone seen the new vintage chestnut in person? Is it more similar to the second photo or third?





post #14109 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

About to confirm my order for Rothschild in Vintage Chestnut on DG70. Do you guys think Vintage Chestnut would look better with natural edge trimming or the normal darker edge? Also, has anyone seen the new vintage chestnut in person? Is it more similar to the second photo or third?
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




 

Great choice.

 

I've been giving this one some serious thought myself lately.

post #14110 of 21772
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

About to confirm my order for Rothschild in Vintage Chestnut on DG70. Do you guys think Vintage Chestnut would look better with natural edge trimming or the normal darker edge? Also, has anyone seen the new vintage chestnut in person? Is it more similar to the second photo or third?






There is a new Vintage Chestnut color. I have small swatch that I posted already. I would say that 2nd and 3rd photo are accurate.Keep in mind that one is taken under artificial and the other under natural light.

The new vintage chestnut is on the left side the swatch on the right side is Vintage Cedar.


Edited by laufer - 1/29/15 at 3:59am
post #14111 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post

About to confirm my order for Rothschild in Vintage Chestnut on DG70. Do you guys think Vintage Chestnut would look better with natural edge trimming or the normal darker edge? Also, has anyone seen the new vintage chestnut in person? Is it more similar to the second photo or third?


 

 

 

given that the new chestnut is lighter (according to the previous poster), you'd probably be able to get away with natural. it already looks good on the old chestnut. [EDIT: right swatch is actually cedar, not old chestnut. my recommendation holds though]


Edited by murakamiharuki - 1/29/15 at 4:47am
post #14112 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by murakamiharuki View Post

given that the new chestnut is lighter (according to the previous poster), you'd probably be able to get away with natural. it already looks good on the old chestnut. 

+1 for the natural sole edge. To clarify, that pic from our shop is the "new" Chestnut.
post #14113 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by murakamiharuki View Post

given that the new chestnut is lighter (according to the previous poster), you'd probably be able to get away with natural. it already looks good on the old chestnut. 

I did not say that it's lighter. The swatch on the rights side is Vintage Cedar.
I do not have a old chestnut to compare to.
post #14114 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post


I did not say that it's lighter. The swatch on the rights side is Vintage Cedar.
I do not have a old chestnut to compare to.

oops, misread. corrected.

post #14115 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Great choice.

I've been giving this one some serious thought myself lately.

Should do it!

Thanks for the recommendations and swatches@Leaves @murakamiharuki @laufer. I think I'm going for the natural edge. Hope it turns out like the third pic. So vibrant.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)