or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 915

post #13711 of 21771
My only experience with Rain is that it fits true, UK9 wholecuts are fine for me whereas TG73 is a bit narrow/ tight and I have to size up half a size for a bit more comfort especially boots although I have a pair of Oakhams in 9 that I can just about squeeze into but are more snug than I usually like.
post #13712 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post



Yes that is what both Dean and Tony said but your mileage may vary. I could not fit in tg73, the toebox was squishing my toes and when I went a half a size up it was too long and that is why my Wigmores are on sale.

Damn, that's not what I wanted to hear. Was considering a pair in TG73 but my feet get squished in the Simpson, even in a half size up. 

post #13713 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Good info. Can you compare Carmina Rain to TG73 and MH71?

For me Rain and MH71 the same size.
post #13714 of 21771
Was told by the G&G employees at the Savile Row store that all of the lasts are roughly the same fit, so there will be no size changing. I can't wear any Carmina lasts besides the Simpson, so I can't comment on fit relative to others. From my experience, Carmina is incredibly wide in the heel, which is my smallest part, which is why I can wear the narrow lasts that others seemingly cannot.

The TG73 is really a comfortable last, at least for me, and I recommend it highly.
post #13715 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post


Yes that is what both Dean and Tony said but your mileage may vary. I could not fit in tg73, the toebox was squishing my toes and when I went a half a size up it was too long and that is why my Wigmores are on sale.

Common misconception. The Simpson last isn't narrow. It's a low instep last (as is the TG73).

I wear UK E width shoes, and Simpson is perfect for me (C&J's 348 last is also good for low insteps).
post #13716 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post


Common misconception. The Simpson last isn't narrow. It's a low instep last (as is the TG73).

I wear UK E width shoes, and Simpson is perfect for me (C&J's 348 last is also good for low insteps).

 

My Simpson lasted pair measures a full 1 cm less across the widest part of the sole compared to my Rain lasted shoe in the same size. It is not just an instep difference---there is a considerable and well-documented difference in width as well. 

post #13717 of 21771
Aaaand picture time!
Gable in fox suede and vintage oak (iPhone pic unfortunately)

post #13718 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revilo View Post

Aaaand picture time!
Gable in fox suede and vintage oak (iPhone pic unfortunately)

Love the fox suede! Great shoes ... Gable was my first G&G, no regrets, ever.

post #13719 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post


Where in the EU? Others may disagree/agree, but I find the Carmina Simpsons and TG73 to be very similar fits.

Prague, no Carmina store, but I will try to make purchase oline and we will see. Many thanks, good idea :).

post #13720 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrakewell View Post
 

Love the fox suede! Great shoes ... Gable was my first G&G, no regrets, ever.

Thanks man! Same here! first i didnt think much of the gable at all, then it started growing on me! :fonz:

post #13721 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post


Where in the EU? Others may disagree/agree, but I find the Carmina Simpsons and TG73 to be very similar fits.

Live in Prague. OK, Carmina should be good to start with, I can purchase the shoes directly from Carmina or from Skoaktiebolaget, assume both have buyers friendly return options :).

 

Many thanks!


Edited by lartiste - 1/9/15 at 4:20pm
post #13722 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by lartiste View Post

Live in Prague. OK, Carmina should be good to start with, I can purchase the shoes directly from Carmina or from Skoaktiebolgaet, assume both have buyers friendly return options smile.gif.

Many thanks!

Since the Euro is taking a hit, I recommend ordering from the continent.
post #13723 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post


Since the Euro is taking a hit, I recommend ordering from the continent.

 

UnfortunatellyCzech crown as well ... .

post #13724 of 21771
Try the Aussie Dollar.

We were loving life and now we are hitting the skids.

Just in time for my visit to Paris...
post #13725 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Since the Euro is taking a hit, I recommend ordering from the continent.

Can you recommend any stores on the continent?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)