or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 914

post #13696 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ your boots are also amazing in every way. drool.gif

How are they wearing in? I didn't pay attention to the double leather taper I'll need to go back and take a look

The boots fit very well thanks to the new fitting process of making a trial pair. The angle of the calf portion of the boot had to be changed.

The 3 piece boot trees take a bit of work to use.
post #13697 of 21772
The Mansion has same boots on sale though in lighter tan for cheaper
post #13698 of 21772
Anyone been able to get a hold of @Nick A from Bespoke?

Trying to get something going, but nothing on my last 3 emails. Very unusual, and I hope he's ok...
post #13699 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post

The boots fit very well thanks to the new fitting process of making a trial pair. The angle of the calf portion of the boot had to be changed.

The 3 piece boot trees take a bit of work to use.

calf portion? what other material was used? im referring to your tall boot with shin strap. those are to die for.

edit - do you smooth calf?
Edited by NAMOR - 1/5/15 at 12:30pm
post #13700 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

calf portion? what other material was used? im referring to your tall boot with shin strap. those are to die for.

I meant the angle of the leg of the boot had to be adjusted from the mock to the finished pair. I had a brain freeze and used the word "calf" instead of "leg".
post #13701 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Anyone been able to get a hold of @Nick A from Bespoke?

Trying to get something going, but nothing on my last 3 emails. Very unusual, and I hope he's ok...

received a response just a little before Christmas
post #13702 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

received a response just a little before Christmas

Thank you, he just responded to my emails, so all is well i suppose. Crisis averted... shog[1].gif
post #13703 of 21772

I would like to kindly ask whether is here anyone familiar with Gucci/Prada shoe sizzing. I am interested into pair of GG boots, but not sure about sizzing. Unfortunatelly there is no GG store in my country :(. Many thanks for any suggestions :).

post #13704 of 21772
From my limited experience with Gucci and Prada shoes, they seem to fit true to size even if the shapes can seem a bit elongated, so extrapolate from there.
post #13705 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by lartiste View Post

I would like to kindly ask whether is here anyone familiar with Gucci/Prada shoe sizzing. I am interested into pair of GG boots, but not sure about sizzing. Unfortunatelly there is no GG store in my country frown.gif. Many thanks for any suggestions smile.gif.

My best suggestion to you is, first, get both your feet sized on a Brannock scale (your local department store should have one of these). Both feet please, it's an important detail. Write down the two sizes, and the larger of the two will be the ready-to-wear (RTW) size you should aim for. Best case scenario, your feet will have a regular width to them, so you will be able to order from most RTW stock shoes. If your feet are wide (or extra wide like mine are) the vendor selection will be severely limited, and you might only be able to take the made-to-order (MTO) route.

Once you have your size, you will need to make the UK conversion estimate. If you are in the US, typically GG shoes are a half size difference in both length & width. As an example, if your Brannock scale size is 10 D width, you're GG size will be UK 9.5 E width.

In the end, the best information you will get is when you get some shoes on your feet to try on. So track down some vendors that offer some generous return policies, and order a couple of pair at a time if your wallet will afford it. The time spent initially in figuring out your size is more than worth it. Good luck to you, and welcome to SF...
post #13706 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobochobo View Post

From my limited experience with Gucci and Prada shoes, they seem to fit true to size even if the shapes can seem a bit elongated, so extrapolate from there.

 

Many thanks :).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post


My best suggestion to you is, first, get both your feet sized on a Brannock scale (your local department store should have one of these). Both feet please, it's an important detail. Write down the two sizes, and the larger of the two will be the ready-to-wear (RTW) size you should aim for. Best case scenario, your feet will have a regular width to them, so you will be able to order from most RTW stock shoes. If your feet are wide (or extra wide like mine are) the vendor selection will be severely limited, and you might only be able to take the made-to-order (MTO) route.

Once you have your size, you will need to make the UK conversion estimate. If you are in the US, typically GG shoes are a half size difference in both length & width. As an example, if your Brannock scale size is 10 D width, you're GG size will be UK 9.5 E width.

In the end, the best information you will get is when you get some shoes on your feet to try on. So track down some vendors that offer some generous return policies, and order a couple of pair at a time if your wallet will afford it. The time spent initially in figuring out your size is more than worth it. Good luck to you, and welcome to SF...

 

Many thanks, good point. I will have to start with a Brannock scale and store with good return policy. In fact at the moment I was considering purchase of a pair from Marketplace, but in my case the width would be a problem. And since I live in EU I am scared to pay not only for shoes, but also VAT and DUTY and end up with a pair which does not fit. 

post #13707 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by lartiste View Post

Many thanks smile.gif.


Many thanks, good point. I will have to start with a Brannock scale and store with good return policy. In fact at the moment I was considering purchase of a pair from Marketplace, but in my case the width would be a problem. And since I live in EU I am scared to pay not only for shoes, but also VAT and DUTY and end up with a pair which does not fit. 

Where in the EU? Others may disagree/agree, but I find the Carmina Simpsons and TG73 to be very similar fits.
post #13708 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post

Where in the EU? Others may disagree/agree, but I find the Carmina Simpsons and TG73 to be very similar fits.

Good info. Can you compare Carmina Rain to TG73 and MH71?
post #13709 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post


Good info. Can you compare Carmina Rain to TG73 and MH71?

If TG73's similar to the Simpson, then it'll be a lot narrower than the Rain. The MH71 is then a lot wider than TG73 and comparable to the Rain last. However, all G&G lasts ostensibly fit the same, according to Dean, I think. 

post #13710 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Good info. Can you compare Carmina Rain to TG73 and MH71?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiristol View Post

If TG73's similar to the Simpson, then it'll be a lot narrower than the Rain. The MH71 is then a lot wider than TG73 and comparable to the Rain last. However, all G&G lasts ostensibly fit the same, according to Dean, I think. 

Yes that is what both Dean and Tony said but your mileage may vary. I could not fit in tg73, the toebox was squishing my toes and when I went a half a size up it was too long and that is why my Wigmores are on sale.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)