or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 895

post #13411 of 21778
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com10.jpg












We have 2 people interested in a GMTO on a pair of these.

Model: Thorpe
Last: GG06
Colour: Vintage Rioja - Hatch Grain
Eyelets: Antiqued brass
Sole: Ridgeway

3 more and we're good to go...

Any others?
post #13412 of 21778
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadowen View Post

No. Just MTO. Black Stingray Sinatra on the DG70 last. Nick takes much better pictures than I do: 
Those are fantastic, you can't really tell how glorious stingray glistens unless you see them in person...
post #13413 of 21778
You should probably say what width two interested parties are.
post #13414 of 21778
gngrprince, you're ambitious, I'll give you that. Even recruiting from the EG thread...
post #13415 of 21778
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

gngrprince, you're ambitious, I'll give you that. Even recruiting from the EG thread...

Wasn't spamming, just joining the dots between rydenfan's post and a GMTO opportunity. Some would say that's just acting as a good citizen...

BTW - we may be up to 3 ...
post #13416 of 21778

i don't think stingray requires much care...

 

and it is a very resilient leather...this is why you almost always see it as a wholecut...it is impossible to stitch with a needle

post #13417 of 21778
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

gngrprince, you're ambitious, I'll give you that. Even recruiting from the EG thread...

I have as many EG shoes as GG and am a big fan of both. Spend a lot of time lurking (lusting) in both forums as I know many other do smile.gif

Has taken me a while to get to the point of seeing a proper boot (non Chukka/Chelsea) I can get excited about.
post #13418 of 21778
Quote:
Originally Posted by gngrprince View Post

Wasn't spamming, just joining the dots between rydenfan's post and a GMTO opportunity. Some would say that's just acting as a good citizen...

BTW - we may be up to 3 ...
Ow, I'm not hating. Just admiring your initiative. I knew I was missing an emoticon on my last post...
post #13419 of 21778
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

i don't think stingray requires much care...

 

and it is a very resilient leather...this is why you almost always see it as a wholecut...it is impossible to stitch with a needle

 

Yeah it feels very robust. As far as how to wear... I'll probably pair them with a midnight blue tux for black tie events. They feel very dressy.

post #13420 of 21778
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

 

Yeah...I know its a tough one. Unfortunately, I do not need any more chukkas.

 

I'd like to get an espresso or pure black st. james....wholecut....or other dress shoe for more formal attire. 


How about a GMTO Gable in black leather?  At first glance it is a staid, captoe business workhorse, until you notice the v-cap and the stitching in lieu of broguing.  I am really into this as understated yet definitive alternative to the Adelaide style. 

 

Thoughts?

 

For a more formal plain toe I would suggest the Westbury, but  I already got one in espresso hatch...

 

 

 

 

Gable_TG73_blackcalf.jpg 

post #13421 of 21778
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

I know, it was a long time coming. Now if only I could get that Arran GMTO going...
ahem
post #13422 of 21778
So while we're waiting for interesting GMTO ideas, may I present my first G&G purchase in a couple of years (and first hatch grain ever)







post #13423 of 21778
Quote:
Originally Posted by armsignet View Post


How about a GMTO Gable in black leather?  At first glance it is a staid, captoe business workhorse, until you notice the v-cap and the stitching in lieu of broguing.  I am really into this as understated yet definitive alternative to the Adelaide style. 

Thoughts?

For a more formal plain toe I would suggest the Westbury, but  I already got one in espresso hatch...




Gable_TG73_blackcalf.jpg
 

How about in Deco black leather?
post #13424 of 21778
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

So while we're waiting for interesting GMTO ideas, may I present my first G&G purchase in a couple of years (and first hatch grain ever)







beautiful... that would be a top choice for me, looking for a two or three eyelet derby and love that hatchgrain
post #13425 of 21778

G&G seems to do the nicest finishing of hatchgrain. Great looking pair, HRoi.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)