or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 891

post #13351 of 21773

Hmm...need Gables or Hoves next I think.  GG's are addicting...

post #13352 of 21773
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

Hmm...need Gables or Hoves next I think.  GG's are addicting...

Have a look at Isham too if you like Hove, Isham is an underestimated GG model IMO.
post #13353 of 21773
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Reminds me how much I love midnight blue.

Also, that stingray sinatra is sick! Does stingray have any longevity/durability issues?

wouldn't stingray have never soft enough issue..?
post #13354 of 21773
With the limited occasions stingray shoes could be worn, I highly doubt durability would be an issue.

On the flip side, rock stars wearing stingrays could afford many pairs.
post #13355 of 21773

This is Styleforum.  We are all rock stars in our own firmament, and "afford" is a term long banished from our collective lexicon.

post #13356 of 21773
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

MTO casual boot bonanza time.

Model: Thorpe
Last: GG06
Colour: vintage rioja
Sole: Ridgeway
Smell: oh boy...

GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com02.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com03.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com04.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com05.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com06.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com07.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com08.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com09.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com10.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com11.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com12.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com13.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com14.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com15.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com16.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com17.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com18.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com19.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com20.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com21.jpg
GazianoGirling_MTO_vintage_rioja_Thorpe_boots_at_Keikari_dot_com22.jpg

Any interest in a GMTO on something (very) similar to these?
post #13357 of 21773
Quote:
Originally Posted by gngrprince View Post

Any interest in a GMTO on something (very) similar to these?

I am trying to get a GMTO going for a burgundy highland grain Thorpe going with very similar specs going if you are interested. We have 4 confirmed people that are interested so you would be our fifth if you want in. And we would be off to the races. Let me know.
post #13358 of 21773
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post

I am trying to get a GMTO going for a burgundy highland grain Thorpe going with very similar specs going if you are interested. We have 4 confirmed people that are interested so you would be our fifth if you want in. And we would be off to the races. Let me know.
I was in the GG shop today and saw the highland grains in the flesh. I was expecting to think the browns would be more interesting, but the burgundy is by far the most stunning. Very dark (may be the lighting and sample), but was fabulous.

Went to EG to see their equivalent hatch and GG wins hands down.

Let me know what specs you are going for - definitely interested
post #13359 of 21773
Quote:
Originally Posted by gngrprince View Post

I was in the GG shop today and saw the highland grains in the flesh. I was expecting to think the browns would be more interesting, but the burgundy is by far the most stunning. Very dark (may be the lighting and sample), but was fabulous.

Went to EG to see their equivalent hatch and GG wins hands down.

Let me know what specs you are going for - definitely interested

Awesome - glad to hear it. These are the specs we are considering:

Burgundy Highland Grain
Exposed antiqued brass eyelets
Double Dainite with storm welt
MH71
Lining color?

How does that strike you?
post #13360 of 21773
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post

Awesome - glad to hear it. These are the specs we are considering:

Burgundy Highland Grain
Exposed antiqued brass eyelets
Double Dainite with storm welt
MH71
Lining color?

How does that strike you?

I would definitely prefer the hatch grain over the highland grain. I also like the look of the GG06 on this model - though I love the MH71 on most other models. It gives the boot a less refined look, which works well IMHO - particularly with the Ridgeway

I think it's probably too much compromise for me with the specs - though I have no doubt it will look great

Anyone else up for something more directly aligned to the VRaivio original?
post #13361 of 21773

Interested.  PM please if it's on.

post #13362 of 21773
What's the vravio original like? I still don't have any g&g boots
post #13363 of 21773

Hi everyone! We've got two G&G shoes we're placing on clearance here in our thread: 

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/417904/khakis-of-carmel-official-affiliate-thread-carmel-by-the-sea-california/30#post_7489906

 

Just thought you'd all appreciate a head's up!

post #13364 of 21773
November GMTO from Nick @ Bespoke-England:

This time we are doing a lovely classical black Wholecut shoe. It's a beautiful sleek simple design and it goes perfectly with the TG73 last. Details below:

Style: Grant
Colour: Black Calf
Last: TG73 Classic Square
Sole: Oak Bark Single Leather
Trees: G&G Lasted Trees
Group Price: £790.00 no VAT


To order these in your size please email me here: nick@bespoke-england.co.uk and I will explain the order process.

You can see images of how these will look here: http://bespoke-england.tumblr.com/search/grant

Thanks,
Nick.
Reply
Reply
post #13365 of 21773
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

What's the vravio original like? I still don't have any g&g boots

Here's a link to the post:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/236162/gaziano-girling-appreciation-shoe-appreciation-theard/13215#post_7445730
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)