or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 849

post #12721 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

I'm open to spec suggestions...

How about Navy Hatch Grain on MH71 last?
post #12722 of 21786
10.5eUK, anyone willing to proxy? I'll pay for your time. Thanks
post #12723 of 21786

Finally, some photos of the bespoke Barclays I picked up at the sale yesterday:

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #12724 of 21786

Bespoke? They look like MH71 to me..

post #12725 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

How about Navy Hatch Grain on MH71 last?

I'm down for the MH71, and the hatch grain leather, but i think we are going to struggle getting people on the navy boat.
post #12726 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywhyy View Post
 

Bespoke? They look like MH71 to me..


That's what Tony said (and the box). Even bespoke can be based on or modelled around a last shape that pretty much resembles an existing last.

post #12727 of 21786
How does one pick up bespoke items off the shelf? Does that mean the shoes are modeled off someone else's foot? patch[1].gif

Also, if someone proxies for me am happy to pay them 20% of the cost for their time smile.gif (8F - interested in brown oxfords and Hoves)
post #12728 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas0nt View Post

How does one pick up bespoke items off the shelf? Does that mean the shoes are modeled off someone else's foot? patch[1].gif

Of course that is what it means ... no worse than RTW unless that someone else's foot is completely misshapen. These happen to fit me perfectly (better than the RTW version), so I'm happy.

post #12729 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas0nt View Post

How does one pick up bespoke items off the shelf? Does that mean the shoes are modeled off someone else's foot? patch[1].gif

Also, if someone proxies for me am happy to pay them 20% of the cost for their time smile.gif (8F - interested in brown oxfords and Hoves)
that's a generous offer! You're close to MSRP prices there. smile.gif
post #12730 of 21786
"So, for those of you not able to make it at all, we have both decided to offer up what is leftover after the sale, so not to worry too much. It will take about a week to rearrange it all, but for those of you with serious inquiries you can email me at justin@jfitzpatrickfootwear.com or G&G at sales@gazianogirling.com .

G&G asked to give it about a week before emailing and I will make a proper post of it soon listing out what will be available.

For those of you in or around London and yet to make it, you better hurry quick before these goodies go!"

http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2014/08/the-sample-sale-updates.html
post #12731 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

that's a generous offer! You're close to MSRP prices there. smile.gif

I did not know that. Kind of defeats the purpose of my contribution then shog[1].gif
post #12732 of 21786
Proxy Suggestion:

Hey guys,

Why don't we come up with a coordinated proxy? That is, let's try to find one point of contact for the proxy and combine our proxy fee for him/her.

So I propose we offer 5-10% proxy fee to anybody who's interested.

What does everybody think about that?
post #12733 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

"So, for those of you not able to make it at all, we have both decided to offer up what is leftover after the sale, so not to worry too much. It will take about a week to rearrange it all, but for those of you with serious inquiries you can email me at justin@jfitzpatrickfootwear.com or G&G at sales@gazianogirling.com .

G&G asked to give it about a week before emailing and I will make a proper post of it soon listing out what will be available.

For those of you in or around London and yet to make it, you better hurry quick before these goodies go!"

http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2014/08/the-sample-sale-updates.html
Thanks VR! fingers crossed...
post #12734 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Proxy Suggestion:

Hey guys,

Why don't we come up with a coordinated proxy? That is, let's try to find one point of contact for the proxy and combine our proxy fee for him/her.

So I propose we offer 5-10% proxy fee to anybody who's interested.

What does everybody think about that?

I think they should find me some UK 10E's! nod[1].gif
post #12735 of 21786
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Proxy Suggestion:

Hey guys,

Why don't we come up with a coordinated proxy? That is, let's try to find one point of contact for the proxy and combine our proxy fee for him/her.

So I propose we offer 5-10% proxy fee to anybody who's interested.

What does everybody think about that?
Agree!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)