or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 844

post #12646 of 21775
X-post from our thread, a couple of new G&G models arrived.

G&G Walkton in Vintage Oak/Polo Suede:


G&G Hove in Oak Hatch Grain:


...we're still waiting on Thorpe in Rustic Arran Garin that has been delayed in production.
post #12647 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post

Nice! Yeah things like that really means a lot, when they do care about their customers. I have a friend who's going to order a bespoke pair from a maker, but he has a hard time deciding if he should go for a shoe or boot (you need to make different lasts for those different types of footwear). So the company offered to take measures for both types and make two test shoes, one pair of shoes and one pair of boots, which mean he didn't have to decide until after the fitting and would give him more time to think his decision through. At no extra cost. Really a kind gesture to the client.

That is a great story, and that bespoke maker deserves your friend's patronage. Heck, i want to order bespoke from this maker now!
post #12648 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Dean's a nice a guy. He fitted me in Toronto a few months back and was a great guy to chat with.

I really need to go to a GG trunk show some day, i owe both Dean & Tony a handshake. Cause as we all know, an SF member is no easy customer, and i have asked them for the moon at times and they have delivered (small hiccups not withstanding).

I am inspired to order that deco black Arran i wanted. Depending of how much i like the Hove on the MH71 last that is on it's way, I might get it on that last instead of the TG73...
post #12649 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

I really need to go to a GG trunk show some day, i owe both Dean & Tony a handshake. Cause as we all know, an SF member is no easy customer, and i have asked them for the moon at times and they have delivered (small hiccups not withstanding).

I am inspired to order that deco black Arran i wanted. Depending of how much i like the Hove on the MH71 last that is on it's way, I might get it on that last instead of the TG73...

Well the next trunk show is in October hop on the plane and fly to NY, the airfare from FL must be dirt cheap.
post #12650 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Well the next trunk show is in October hop on the plane and fly to NY, the airfare from FL must be dirt cheap.

Don't tempt me, i might be able to make that happen, flights seem to be under $300 around that time...
post #12651 of 21775

Gable in midnight blue (wooden trees are coming):

 

post #12652 of 21775
Mayhem at the gg sample sale at Timothy Everest this morning. Tiny room with unsorted shoeboxes and one out one in door policy. Pretty good selection across the spectrum for 250-450. Scored a pair of wigmore seconds for 250.
post #12653 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.henrik View Post

Mayhem at the gg sample sale at Timothy Everest this morning. Tiny room with unsorted shoeboxes and one out one in door policy. Pretty good selection across the spectrum for 250-450. Scored a pair of wigmore seconds for 250.

 

Yeah, it was a feeding frenzy. I had to wait in line for 30 minutes. It was well worth the wait though.

post #12654 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.henrik View Post

Mayhem at the gg sample sale at Timothy Everest this morning. Tiny room with unsorted shoeboxes and one out one in door policy. Pretty good selection across the spectrum for 250-450. Scored a pair of wigmore seconds for 250.

I got there just after 8 and you'd have thought the iphone 6 had gone on limited release. Once inside, it was mayhem, but in a very polite, SF-appropriate manner. Blissful, other than that some meanie obviously got in before me and walked off with a bunch of 9.5Es that I'm SURE were mine ...

... though to the unknown visionary who ordered a pair of Deco Fairbanks in maple calf, you have my undying thanks - your first-quality-rejected understudy has now found a good home for £450 icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

Gable in midnight blue (wooden trees are coming):

Wish they were my size, you scored a good one!
post #12655 of 21775

Morning all. So I have just returned from my visit to the sale in London.

 

Arrived just after 8am and queued for just over an hour before getting in. Queue was not horrendously long but with the event taking place in a tailoring house (in three small rooms), a limited number of people could be let in at a time.

 

Beautiful, beautiful shoes as one would expect. However when I arrived, as opposed to sizes being displayed together, it was a mish-mash and down to you to search around the boxes in the room and hope to find your size (apparently upon opening time it was organised but boxes soon get moved around).

 

I managed to find two pairs that were in my size (9E) and purchased them both. Will post a picture a little later on but were a Grant wholecut and Connaught wingtip. I don't believe there was a 'max number per person' so some popular sizes might get cleared quickly if someone was to buy in bulk. Was excellent to meet Tony and Dean too who were extremely helpful.

 

Apologies to those of you who have asked to proxy but at the time I was there, it was quite manic and would have been difficult to rummage around for different sizes / styles.

 

Good luck to anyone else attending the sale.

 

As an aside, Everest had a lot of shirts (£20) and ties and pocket squares (£5). They had a small amount of jackets (£50) and suits were going for £75 (absolute bargain if they have your size). However, unfortunately most of the suits had been taken. 

post #12656 of 21775
lurker[1].gif
post #12657 of 21775
I was there around 7:40am and found myself about 15th in the queue. I'd echo the sentiments above about the slightly chaotic nature of the sale, although it was all good natured competitiveness between gentlemen. Dean was a bit annoyed that too many customers were being allowed to enter at once. Finding the correct sizes proved to be rather difficult since they were not strictly ordered like the EG pop-up sale.

I picked up a Mayfair double monk specifically to offer as a proxy here (since I'm not a monks guy). 10E on the MH71 last in Vintage Oak - £450. I'll post some pics up shortly.

If you're an 8D get down there for a stunning Thorpe boot in Tan scotchgrain. In fact 8-9 seemed to be the best size range selection available.

For myself I scored an Vintage Oak Arran on double leather sole, plus a Wells in Chestnut Hatch Grain.
post #12658 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS7 View Post

I was there around 7:40am and found myself about 15th in the queue. I'd echo the sentiments above about the slightly chaotic nature of the sale, although it was all good natured competitiveness between gentlemen. Dean was a bit annoyed that too many customers were being allowed to enter at once. Finding the correct sizes proved to be rather difficult since they were not strictly ordered like the EG pop-up sale.

I picked up a Mayfair double monk specifically to offer as a proxy here (since I'm not a monks guy). 10E on the MH71 last in Vintage Oak - £450. I'll post some pics up shortly.

If you're an 8D get down there for a stunning Thorpe boot in Tan scotchgrain. In fact 8-9 seemed to be the best size range selection available.

For myself I scored an Vintage Oak Arran on double leather sole, plus a Wells in Chestnut Hatch Grain.

Congratulation. That is a really nice haul, especially Wells. I have brogue in Rioja Hatch Grain but I think hatch grain looks better on plain models.
post #12659 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS7 View Post

I was there around 7:40am and found myself about 15th in the queue. I'd echo the sentiments above about the slightly chaotic nature of the sale, although it was all good natured competitiveness between gentlemen. Dean was a bit annoyed that too many customers were being allowed to enter at once. Finding the correct sizes proved to be rather difficult since they were not strictly ordered like the EG pop-up sale.

I picked up a Mayfair double monk specifically to offer as a proxy here (since I'm not a monks guy). 10E on the MH71 last in Vintage Oak - £450. I'll post some pics up shortly.

If you're an 8D get down there for a stunning Thorpe boot in Tan scotchgrain. In fact 8-9 seemed to be the best size range selection available.

For myself I scored an Vintage Oak Arran on double leather sole, plus a Wells in Chestnut Hatch Grain.

Congrats on the find! That Arran should look pretty sharp!
post #12660 of 21775
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmoore82 View Post

As an aside, Everest had a lot of shirts (£20) and ties and pocket squares (£5). They had a small amount of jackets (£50) and suits were going for £75 (absolute bargain if they have your size). However, unfortunately most of the suits had been taken. 

I think there were only 2-3 suits, and only one of any particular item. I got a suit, two pairs of bespoke trousers, a cardigan and a handful of pocket squares and a knit tie.

Shoes were a bit crazy and I could see very little in my size. I may venture back tomorrow if things are quieter.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)