Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 2/5/16 at 10:32am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 2/6/16 at 1:54pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 820post #12286 of 192016/9/14 at 7:18pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12287 of 192016/9/14 at 8:44pmpost #12288 of 192016/10/14 at 1:56ampost #12289 of 192016/10/14 at 2:25ampost #12290 of 192016/10/14 at 4:10pmQuote:
Agree. A bit much.
BTW, on the EG thread they say that MTO's are taking about 5 months. I've been waiting for some Thorpes which were ordered in Nov. I know they moved and all, but really.post #12291 of 192016/10/14 at 6:15pmpost #12292 of 192016/10/14 at 6:19pmpost #12293 of 192016/10/14 at 6:21pmpost #12294 of 192016/10/14 at 7:57pmpost #12295 of 192016/10/14 at 9:32pmpost #12296 of 192016/10/14 at 10:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by DWFII
Quote:Originally Posted by hoodog
Thanks again for the interesting info! Do you have any good photos of these areas and/or the "problems" in question? For example, what "crease under the arch" are you referring to? What is the "topline"? Excuse my somewhat newbie questions - I am not always that familiar with all this English shoe terminology.
There is a recent discussion here on SF about creasing under the arch...along with photos.
Topline is the top edge of the quarters, running from the top of the instep around the heel.
Thanks so much Ron and DWF - I really appreciate these very informative posts. Thanks for taking the time to explain so thoroughly!post #12297 of 192016/11/14 at 12:21ampost #12298 of 192016/11/14 at 5:28ampost #12299 of 192016/11/14 at 5:41am
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Currently, there are 1645 Active Users (421 Members and 1224 Guests)
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 31 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 39 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 41 seconds ago
- › Silk Scarfs for men? ... Help 47 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...