or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 80

post #1186 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post


MTO? Did you order them with adjustments similar to MedTech?


I'm probably at least 3 months away from receiving mine but, for what it's worth, I have an MTO order under construction that specifies a fitting adjustment to the left shoe (written up on the order sheet by Dean as "1/8 heel lift - l/foot only"). My adjustment was due to the fact that the back of the left shoe was flopping around a bit as I walked whereas my right heel was staying nicely anchored in the heel cup (is that the right term - "heel cup" that is, not "flopping around"?).

 

I had a meeting with Dean in the Savile Row store so we could discuss any issues with the fit in person. I'm not sure how MedTech determined the correct fit adjustment if he didn't have an in-person fitting (maybe he did) but the basic message here is that when going MTO there are at least some adjustments that can be made for specific customers in order to optimise the fit as evidenced by both MedTech and myself.

 

- Julian

post #1187 of 21772
Namor - fantastic - glad to see you're moving up! ;-)
post #1188 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Finally came in:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
196
196
626
196

Hayes TG73 Antique Chestnut. They fit like a dream

Absolutely stunning.

Since joining SF I have been continuously vacillating between Vass and G&G as to whose lasts seem the most sophisticated, timeless and yet striking. Currently leaning to G&G. The shapes are a bit extreme - but also very elegant.

Congrats! I predict you'll love them for a long time.
post #1189 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

between Vass and G&G as to whose lasts seem the most sophisticated, timeless and yet striking. Currently leaning to G&G. .

Smart move.
post #1190 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Smart move.

I'm in need of one fabulous pair of black lace up oxfords for those all important 'design presentation fits'. At my age (53) I'm thinking they might well be the last pair I ever need in black. As it's not a color I wear frequently any longer. So I'm very carefully considering what I would consider to be the ultimate choice.

Given that great leather effects are pretty much lost on a black shoe I'm thinking the only way to make them striking enough to hold my attention for long is for them to have a stellar shape. Thus, I'm leaning toward something on the Deco last.

But for right now - it's all just foreplay - not quite ready to get off just yet. biggrin.gif
post #1191 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Smart move.

imo, it depends on your frame.
post #1192 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

imo, it depends on your frame.

As I respect your opinion Fritzl I'll bite!

I'm a small guy, 5-8", 150 pounds, well proportioned overall, smallish feet (39.5) so I usually like a shoe with a fairly long last and a sleek look.

I'm very drawn to the Vass look (ie sleek last over a thick sole) not only because of the look but also because such shoes add a little height. But in my heart of hearts I'm convinced the sleeker look of G&G is probably best for my frame and my environment.

More than happy to hear your thoughts on the matter.

-G
post #1193 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

As I respect your opinion Fritzl I'll bite!
I'm a small guy, 5-8", 150 pounds, well proportioned overall, smallish feet (39.5) so I usually like a shoe with a fairly long last and a sleek look.
I'm very drawn to the Vass look (ie sleek last over a thick sole) not only because of the look but also because such shoes add a little height. But in my heart of hearts I'm convinced the sleeker look of G&G is probably best for my frame and my environment.
More than happy to hear your thoughts on the matter.
-G

I think, after reading this reply to Fritzls well put food for thought, G&G all the way. Sleek chiseled toe lasts are best on the smaller side of the shoe spectrum IMO.
post #1194 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

I think, after reading this reply to Fritzls well put food for thought, G&G all the way. Sleek chiseled toe lasts are best on the smaller side of the shoe spectrum IMO.

actually, look at victor. his shoes are too small/short in contrast to his proportions.

my maker extended the length a bit to "support" the appearance.
post #1195 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Finally came in:
196
196
626
196
Hayes TG73 Antique Chestnut. They fit like a dream

Just wearing these today in Vintage Pine with a mid-grey POW suit. smile.gif
Have to agree that they are extremely comfortable.
post #1196 of 21772
Do they squeak like mine? frown.gif
post #1197 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Finally came in: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
196
196
626
196
Hayes TG73 Antique Chestnut. They fit like a dream

Is antique chestnut the same as vintage chestnut? If so, these look very much like something of mine which should be arriving shortly...
post #1198 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post

Namor - fantastic - glad to see you're moving up! ;-)

medaillon is off centre btw. a common fault in the shoe world nowadays.
post #1199 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

medaillon is off centre btw. a common fault in the shoe world nowadays.

rolleyes.gif
post #1200 of 21772
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Do they squeak like mine? frown.gif

Have you emailed Dean or heard anything about a resolution to this?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)