or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 787

post #11791 of 22019
Took a sneak peek into Gaziano & Girling new flagship store on the Saville Row before the opening...




Tony in front of a wall of fitting shoes. Complete in D~G widths. wow

The interior is very posh and lovely, I`ll post pics once it opens (in fact, it`s today!!)
post #11792 of 22019
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

Took a sneak peek into Gaziano & Girling new flagship store on the Saville Row before the opening...




Tony in front of a wall of fitting shoes. Complete in D~G widths. wow

The interior is very posh and lovely, I`ll post pics once it opens (in fact, it`s today!!)

Looking forward to more info. My business partner Daniel will be there for the opening this evening, unfortunately I can not be there myself, really bummed about that.
Edited by Leaves - 4/25/14 at 4:13am
post #11793 of 22019
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

Took a sneak peek into Gaziano & Girling new flagship store on the Saville Row before the opening...




Tony in front of a wall of fitting shoes. Complete in D~G widths. wow

The interior is very posh and lovely, I`ll post pics once it opens (in fact, it`s today!!)

Ah, all widths, music to my ears!
post #11794 of 22019

What a truly amazing brand

post #11795 of 22019
post #11796 of 22019

WOW just WOW!  and i'm going to London tomorrow, guess I know where i'm going :nodding:

post #11797 of 22019

My well polished Barclay`s - a year soon, and great service from Nick

 

 

post #11798 of 22019
Quote:
Originally Posted by daizawaguy View Post
 

My well polished Barclay`s - a year soon, and great service from Nick

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

I remember your post of this pair when new.   This model is on my wish list since then.  It is good to see pictures of actual shoes worn over some period of time.

This TG73 looks softer somehow than others to my eyes.   I wonder why.

post #11799 of 22019
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

Took a sneak peek into Gaziano & Girling new flagship store on the Saville Row before the opening...




Tony in front of a wall of fitting shoes. Complete in D~G widths. wow

The interior is very posh and lovely, I`ll post pics once it opens (in fact, it`s today!!)

 

Are you sure they are stocking wider the EU e widths? Ive got told they are only going to stock normal width that is EU e width.

post #11800 of 22019
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorkanz View Post

Are you sure they are stocking wider the EU e widths? Ive got told they are only going to stock normal width that is EU e width.

I think the non-E width fitting shoes are used for ordering MTOs
post #11801 of 22019
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlind View Post
 

WOW just WOW!  and i'm going to London tomorrow, guess I know where i'm going :nodding:

you know where to post the pics :nodding:

post #11802 of 22019
Quote:
Originally Posted by niklasnordin View Post
 

you know where to post the pics :nodding:

Unfortunately it turns out that while their grand opening was Friday, they won't be open for normal service until tomorrow :cloud:. By then I will unfortunately be slaving away in the library revising for my exams but I will be back in London for end of May and can provide some photos then if people want to seem them :) 

post #11803 of 22019
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post
 

 

I remember your post of this pair when new.   This model is on my wish list since then.  It is good to see pictures of actual shoes worn over some period of time.

This TG73 looks softer somehow than others to my eyes.   I wonder why.

I`ll try and keep everyone posted over time. Just two comments - first is that I was surprised about the break-in period of the heel cup. Because it is made of a raw suede to keep a grip, it was very coarse at the beginning, and even drew blood through a thin sock. As you can imagine I was surprised. I persevered however, and after a few weeks, the help cup took my heel shape and things have been very comfortable since then. I have to say that the fit is true to size, and fits my foot very well indeed. The second point is on the Wensum sole - its is highly recommended, especially for those that put a Topy on their leather soles. It is very comfortable, and extremely durable. It will outlast the uppers. With technology in rubber as it is, perhaps it is a natural successor to the leather sole - not for the die-hard classics, but does give the shoe durability in snow, rain and other such harsh conditions to the leather sole. Overall, one of my best shoes (after the Anthony Cleverly though), but the wensum sole gives this shoe versatility as a classic shoe. I`ll be in the market for another pair soon hopefully.

post #11804 of 22019
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlind View Post

Unfortunately it turns out that while their grand opening was Friday, they won't be open for normal service until tomorrow cloud.gif . By then I will unfortunately be slaving away in the library revising for my exams but I will be back in London for end of May and can provide some photos then if people want to seem them smile.gif  

i wouldnt be able to study with this distraction. youre a bigger man than I
post #11805 of 22019
Quote:
Originally Posted by daizawaguy View Post

I`ll try and keep everyone posted over time. Just two comments - first is that I was surprised about the break-in period of the heel cup. Because it is made of a raw suede to keep a grip, it was very coarse at the beginning, and even drew blood through a thin sock. As you can imagine I was surprised. I persevered however, and after a few weeks, the help cup took my heel shape and things have been very comfortable since then. I have to say that the fit is true to size, and fits my foot very well indeed. The second point is on the Wensum sole - its is highly recommended, especially for those that put a Topy on their leather soles. It is very comfortable, and extremely durable. It will outlast the uppers. With technology in rubber as it is, perhaps it is a natural successor to the leather sole - not for the die-hard classics, but does give the shoe durability in snow, rain and other such harsh conditions to the leather sole. Overall, one of my best shoes (after the Anthony Cleverly though), but the wensum sole gives this shoe versatility as a classic shoe. I`ll be in the market for another pair soon hopefully.

so how does Wensum compare to mico? Is it apple to orange, thought micro looks thinish on Bespoke England's website
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)