Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 12/4/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 12:36 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 774post #11596 of 217753/25/14 at 3:53ampost #11597 of 217753/25/14 at 5:38ampost #11598 of 217753/25/14 at 6:29ampost #11599 of 217753/25/14 at 6:33ampost #11600 of 217753/25/14 at 6:33ampost #11601 of 217753/25/14 at 6:48ampost #11602 of 217753/25/14 at 7:05ampost #11603 of 217753/25/14 at 7:18ampost #11604 of 217753/25/14 at 7:31ampost #11605 of 217753/25/14 at 7:34ampost #11606 of 217753/25/14 at 7:47ampost #11607 of 217753/25/14 at 7:50ampost #11608 of 217753/25/14 at 8:01am
I disagree with you Jubei...
C&J urges everyone to re-sole through C&J...they make a ton of money on that kind of stuff and it is relatively easy - it is a very HIGH MARGIN service. The costs of the materials and labor is minimal compared to what they charge.
C&J is much larger and more streamlined and geared towards RTW than G&G so it is the opposite...if G&G is moving towards a business model more similar to C&J it would make sense that they should be pushing people to re-sole through them.
C&J produces 170,000+ pairs of shoes per year.
I might add on this note, that C&J has a relatively high upcharge for MTO compared to their RTW pricing...often in the $400-$500+ range for design changes. It seems that G&G is moving in this direction also...with high upcharges for design changes.
They are moving towards a more C&J geared business model.
DONKEY, GET WORKING AND GET THOSE SHOES PUMPING OUTTA THAT NEW FACTORYpost #11609 of 217753/25/14 at 8:15am
I wonder what the margin on shoes like this is...
C&J's annual revenue must well over $100 million...so what is their profit margin...they are definitely a highly streamlined business...but I also know that costs have increased recently due to luxury brands (i.e., Hermes & LVMH) buying many of the top tanneries and making it more difficult for C&J to acquire quality leathers (they have been either giving them lower quality forcing C&J to go elsewhere or charging more for the same quality)
Any shoemakers care to speak up about the profit margin involved in something like this?
Any idea how many RTW shoes G&G produces per year?post #11610 of 217753/25/14 at 8:24am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 10 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 14 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 14 minutes ago
- › VESTS / Stuff-carrying gear 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 23 minutes ago
- › BNWT THOM BROWNE CLASSIC WOOL BLAZER IN SIZE 3/ US 42 27 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...