Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 11/9/15 at 6:58pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 12/14/16 at 11:47am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 10:56 am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 772post #11566 of 225853/21/14 at 11:51ampost #11567 of 225853/21/14 at 11:54ampost #11568 of 225853/21/14 at 12:23pmpost #11569 of 225853/21/14 at 8:56pm
So I went to the trunk show at Leffot...
ordered the "Wilde" derby ... deco... in midnight blue ...black details ...toe taps ...initials in the waist
I intend for it to be worn pretty casually.
So now I have a midnight blue coming from StC and G&G...
depending on which one I like more...I will probably avoid ordering more shoes from the loser going forward.
I think from this point on also, considering the G&G prices I will be exploring all my future high end shoe orders through Riccardo Bestetti. I think his shoes are more beautiful and you get better value for your money.
I will prob still do some RTW G&G's in the future tho.post #11570 of 225853/21/14 at 9:14pmpost #11571 of 225853/21/14 at 9:23pmpost #11572 of 225853/21/14 at 9:27pm
I wore the Uppingham to the Leffot show and I think they were a little surprised by that...cause its such a beautiful shoe but its exclusive to bespoke england...
even Dean Girling was surprised to see it hahah
Should note, I got to see "alligator suede" and deco black for the first time
Alligator Suede is awesome. Basically, it is alligator with the nap removed to take away its "flashiness". When it is black and they do this it gives it an awesome grey color..kind of like the deco black. Only prob is its crazy expensive ...
Deco black looks purplish under indoor lighting. When you see it outdoors it is like a gray. I didn't know how it was made until today...but basically they bleach the leather to remove the color and give it that faded look.post #11573 of 225853/21/14 at 9:34pmpost #11574 of 225853/22/14 at 1:03ampost #11575 of 225853/22/14 at 2:24amQuote:
Very nice modelpost #11576 of 225853/22/14 at 2:48ampost #11577 of 225853/22/14 at 5:42ampost #11578 of 225853/22/14 at 5:44ampost #11579 of 225853/22/14 at 7:42ampost #11580 of 225853/22/14 at 7:54amQuote:
I have seen several, and did one MTO (with Gravati) a couple years ago. It's very soft, so it makes a very comfortable shoe. The texture gives it an informal feel, but it takes a shine surprising well. I keep my toecap shiny. Mine are a dark chocolate brown, made up as an austerity brogue, fwiw.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Recent purchases - Part II 35 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 39 seconds ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 6 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...