Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 769

post #11521 of 22210
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

possibly my favorite pair of boots i have ever seen.

fistbump.gif
post #11522 of 22210

So I heard back from Nick regarding the Kent in black calf / black alligator suede.

 

On the TG73 it costs £1860 - $3,092 approx

 

On the deco last it costs £2025 - $3,372 approx

 

 

 

So the question begs...should I do this through G&G and Nick

 

Or should I put that money towards a Riccardo Bestetti Novecento and have him design his own version which will probably cost somewhere in the same price but will take at least double the time to make because of the trial shoe process.

 

If you are unfamiliar of Bestetti Novecento...it is essentially a semi-bespoke where he mails you trial shoes and based on those makes adjustments to one of his lasts that he uses and you can basically design the shoe from scratch including patinas, etc.

 

Thoughts?

post #11523 of 22210
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

So I heard back from Nick regarding the Kent in black calf / black alligator suede.

On the TG73 it costs £1860 - $3,092 approx

On the deco last it costs £2025 - $3,372 approx



So the question begs...should I do this through G&G and Nick

Or should I put that money towards a Riccardo Bestetti Novecento and have him design his own version which will probably cost somewhere in the same price but will take at least double the time to make because of the trial shoe process.

If you are unfamiliar of Bestetti Novecento...it is essentially a semi-bespoke where he mails you trial shoes and based on those makes adjustments to one of his lasts that he uses and you can basically design the shoe from scratch including patinas, etc.

Thoughts?

these are bespoke prices. id prefer a dreamy custom shoe to an exotic skin. imagine da PCK1 shoe, one of a kind, one shoe slightly wider and or shorter/longer than the other. your semi-bespoke shoes icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

the alternative is a bad ass G&G shoe and you get to treated with class by nick. its a good place to be
post #11524 of 22210
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

these are bespoke prices. id prefer a dreamy custom shoe to an exotic skin. imagine da PCK1 shoe, one of a kind, one shoe slightly wider and or shorter/longer than the other. your shoes icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

That's what I am thinking. Would certainly expect a high degree of hand working at that price point. Looks like I'll be checking out options for something similar elsewhere. St Crispins?
post #11525 of 22210

Well the Bestetti Novecento starts at EUR1500 - approx $2000...add the exotic leather and that bumps it into the $3000+ range.

 

and it is pretty much a bespoke shoe...

 

You send him your measurements and photos of you wearing shoes and of your feet. You tell him what shoes and lasts fit you well....He sends you a trial shoe...you take photos of it on and walking in it...He makes the adjustments to his lasts and makes you you're shoe. And in terms of design it is fully bespoke - you can do anything you want.

 

 

 

and G&G bespoke is more than $3000...its at the absolute minimum $4000+ and I don't think you can get away with anything less than $4500 or $5000...

 

 

So I guess I've answered my question...which would be to go the Bestetti route...

 

thoughts?

post #11526 of 22210
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

Well the Bestetti Novecento starts at EUR1500 - approx $2000...add the exotic leather and that bumps it into the $3000+ range.

 

and it is pretty much a bespoke shoe...

 

You send him your measurements and photos of you wearing shoes and of your feet. You tell him what shoes and lasts fit you well....He sends you a trial shoe...you take photos of it on and walking in it...He makes the adjustments to his lasts and makes you you're shoe. And in terms of design it is fully bespoke - you can do anything you want.

 

 

 

 

and G&G bespoke is more than $3000...its at the absolute minimum $4000+ and I don't think you can get away with anything less than $4500 or $5000...

 

 

So I guess I've answered my question...which would be to go the Bestetti route...

 

thoughts?

 

Just FYI, GG bespoke starts at GBP3000 = USD 5000.  I don't know how much premium they charge for exotics.

 

I am in the process of making Bestetti novecento.  I have not received final shoes yet so cannot really comment, but my hope is high.

post #11527 of 22210
^Bespoke alligator at G&G is GBP 5400 ($9000).
post #11528 of 22210
I keep adding up the new MTO prices on a GG shoe for myself, and it's quite depressing, over $1600.

What have we done to anger the GG gods?! ffffuuuu.gif
post #11529 of 22210
You should consider the budget shoe maker, EG tongue.gif
post #11530 of 22210
^ Haaaaah!
post #11531 of 22210
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

Well the Bestetti Novecento starts at EUR1500 - approx $2000...add the exotic leather and that bumps it into the $3000+ range.

and it is pretty much a bespoke shoe...

You send him your measurements and photos of you wearing shoes and of your feet. You tell him what shoes and lasts fit you well....He sends you a trial shoe...you take photos of it on and walking in it...He makes the adjustments to his lasts and makes you you're shoe. And in terms of design it is fully bespoke - you can do anything you want.



and G&G bespoke is more than $3000...its at the absolute minimum $4000+ and I don't think you can get away with anything less than $4500 or $5000...


So I guess I've answered my question...which would be to go the Bestetti route...

thoughts?

I shall support your decision....waiting for my first test shoe from Mr Bestetti myself. I personally think that G&G's steep pricing these days makes it no longer a value proposition (for me at least)
post #11532 of 22210
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

What have we done to anger the GG gods?! ffffuuuu.gif

 

We bought too many of their shoes...now they have enough demand to get away with the steep increase...

 

WE HAVE BEEN TERRIBLE GLUTTONS AND THIS IS OUR PUNISHMENT!!  :deadhorse:

post #11533 of 22210
Perhaps only when a direct correlation between steep price increase and lower demand can be felt by GG that pricing might go down to a more appropriate range

That would require SFers not splurging on GG though.
post #11534 of 22210
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgo View Post

Perhaps only when a direct correlation between steep price increase and lower demand can be felt by GG that pricing might go down to a more appropriate range

That would require SFers not splurging on GG though.
Has any brand ever lowered their prices, even when faced with dropping demand? I just don't see that ever happening.

I have a feeling that GG splurging will be taking a hit in any case...
post #11535 of 22210
They may have taken a hit in their margins in the short term due to the expansion and probably taking on debt to expand...but with the expectation that their revenues and profits will grow in the future...due to increased demand.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)