or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 753

post #11281 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Same widths? That will be a problem for me, i need a G width... confused.gif

Yes, that is bad news.
post #11282 of 21771

x-post from bespoke shoe porn thread

 

 

 

Question...

 

G&G is coming to NYC in about 20 days and I'm debating weather I want to get some MTO's or go for my first pair of bespoke.

 

What is the pricing like for G&G bespoke calf? Do they require 100% up-front or is there a deposit? Are trees extra? How long is the process from start to finish? Do they do trial pairs?

 

Thanks!

post #11283 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Yes, that is bad news.
Seems like a strange stipulation for a GMTO, but if those are the rules, there is nothing else to be done.

Having said that, I regrettably will have to withdraw from the Hove GMTO. Please proceed without me...
post #11284 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Same widths? That will be a problem for me, i need a G width... confused.gif

Yeah. F here. Although I can sometimes get away with an E in derbies or half size up on oxfords. Hmmm.
post #11285 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake View Post

Yeah. F here. Although I can sometimes get away with an E in derbies or half size up on oxfords. Hmmm.
I feel ya. Sorry guys, but there is no point if I can't get my proper size. I will have to revisit a single MTO before the end of the month then.

Feel free to use the design make-up guys, and I appreciate the support for them...
post #11286 of 21771

Yeah...I'm an E width...

 

bizarre that they won't do different widths...

post #11287 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

Yeah...I'm an E width...

bizarre that they won't do different widths...

It's the same with EG and Carmina, it's pretty standard for many shoemakers.
post #11288 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

It's the same with EG and Carmina, it's pretty standard for many shoemakers.

Hmmm, I just got in on a GMTO for Carmina and they are doing a wider width in rain for me and they've done it for others in the past
post #11289 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake View Post

Yeah. F here. Although I can sometimes get away with an E in derbies or half size up on oxfords. Hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Same widths? That will be a problem for me, i need a G width... confused.gif

Bummer, I guess it's not really an MTO at all if you can't get your correct size.

I'm an F or a G as well, any other wide footed G&Gers out there?
post #11290 of 21771
Gravati will actually wrap their last to make quarter width changes for MTOs. I get mine done in a US D+
post #11291 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake View Post

Gravati will actually wrap their last to make quarter width changes for MTOs. I get mine done in a US D+

Sometimes they make exceptions, but Carmina only has a limited number of lasts in different widths.
post #11292 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsuo View Post


Bummer, I guess it's not really an MTO at all if you can't get your correct size.

I'm an F or a G as well, any other wide footed G&Gers out there?

Well, it's not actually a MTO it's a group buy based on the makers minimum requirements to make a bulk order. But GMTO sounds so much nicer. smile.gif
post #11293 of 21771
I understand, but if we are allowed different sizes in a group buy, why not simply reach over for that (already existing) wide size?

Ow, well...
post #11294 of 21771
Ethan sucks, sorry to hear that JS, you put a lot of work into this too!
post #11295 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Well, it's not actually a MTO it's a group buy based on the makers minimum requirements to make a bulk order. But GMTO sounds so much nicer. smile.gif

Yes that's a good point, I don't mean to be snarky at all. I am suprised though that the guidelines allow for different length sizes but not widths. musicboohoo[1].gif

Yes and hats off to JS for all the leg work!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)