Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Yesterday at 8:07 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:43am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 2:56 pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 654
Styleforum Top Picks
Stitchy - for your consideration (I only have these pics handy of my Corthays but I did the same with my G&Gs):
1. First, a pic of what the Corthay soles look like with Vibram installed across most of the sole. I leave part of the waist bare, since it doesn't make contact with the pavement anyway in most instances. I also don't feel the need to pay extra to put some on the sole, since I have taps installed for that.
This pair of Corthay "Casanovas" (that's what they are called nowadays) is about a year old and I've worn them about once every two weeks, walking 1.5 miles per wear in the rough streets of NYC. I had the taps replaced once, and the Vibram is still pretty much intact.
2. You might be wondering - eh, those look like horse shoes from the bottom. But you really can't see them.
3. Other angle:
By way of background, I am a US 11.5D sizing in nearly every shoe I've tried except certain athletic shoes. I take a a 10.5E (UK) in John Lobbs.
My first G&G purchase was a pair of Oakhams in an MH71 last. These were ordered in June in a 10.5E and fit very nicely. No real issues at all.
In the last sale I purchased 2 new pair, both in a 10.5E. One was a Hove on the DG70 last and the other was the Westminster on the TG73 last. I could tell from the beginning that both were on the tight side, but felt they would probably be ok.
I've worn both a few times now. The Hove will be fine. With a bit of wear they have broken in well. The Westminsters on the other hand just aren't going to work for me. Both pair are a bit tight on the out step, but the Westminsters are much more so. Really wish now I'd tried both in a size 11. I believe my next order will be a size 11, a half size down from my US size.
That said, the TG73 last seems to fit me much tighter in the outstep and the toe box than either of the other two lasts.
i have done that in the past with shoes of mine, but never with my GGs, carminas or CJs. i have no one here to do it, so i would have to send them away, probably b nelson. a dozen pairs at once is costly and will leave me with no shoes. i will probably just do it over time as the shoes need to be resoled. once they need work anyways, ill have them redone with topy.
Stitch - If you can get down to DC, Sky Valet in Georgetown can do it for you. They've put topys on my EGs with no problem.
probably true. the length differential on a half size is pretty negligible.
that is good info, thanks. i rarely get down there for personal time, so i think id have to mail them either way. but good info to have. if i can make it there, id defo do that.
It seems that the Mayfairs are not all that popular around here, but I kept going back to these when looking for my next pair of G&G's. It would have been nice if these had the fiddleback waist, but in-person, I really like how the double soles look on them, so I think it worked out pretty well for me.
A few quick pics:
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Dsquared Holy Grail 'Civil War' Leather Jacket- Super Rare 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › What would you wear today? 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...