Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 11:36 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 10:59 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 652
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9767 of 163238/21/13 at 11:10pmpost #9768 of 163238/21/13 at 11:14pmpost #9769 of 163238/21/13 at 11:27pmpost #9770 of 163238/21/13 at 11:46pm[quote name="in stitches" url="/t/236162/gaziano-girling-appreciation-shoo-porn-theard/9705#post_6543803"
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Are these the most beautiful shoes on earth?! I think these next to those Oxblood GG's that Spoo bought are my #1 and #1A
I need to see some more WAYWRN fits from you, woe! You always kill itpost #9771 of 163238/22/13 at 12:28ampost #9772 of 163238/22/13 at 3:04ampost #9773 of 163238/22/13 at 3:10ampost #9774 of 163238/22/13 at 3:56ampost #9775 of 163238/22/13 at 5:01ampost #9776 of 163238/22/13 at 5:36ampost #9777 of 163238/22/13 at 6:03ampost #9778 of 163238/22/13 at 6:42amQuote:I buy my shoes to fill a gap needed in my rotation, for which there are many. Not to stare at. I guess that's the difference.
And agreed. The second day I get them, they're on my feet. Maybe at least carpet until I decide I like them. But the polo suede was a non returnable MTO. Wear them!post #9779 of 163238/22/13 at 7:53amQuote:
thanks, guys! much appreciated.Quote:
well, mostly because i am lazy and OCD.
first i bring them home, and then a day or two later i try them on to make sure i am satisfied with the fit before walking on anything but carpet. then i put them back in the closet, and usually do a second try on for fun at some point. then i wait to see how i want to use them for the maiden voyage. then i wait for the day when then is 0% chance for rain (especially with closed channel shoes, getting them wet before walking on hard pavement can easily cause the flap to peel, as i learned the hard way). and then when i am good and ready, i wear teh new shoes!!!Quote:
thats a long time even for me. its usually a week or to max for me.post #9780 of 163238/22/13 at 8:19amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
well, mostly because i am lazy and OCD.
first i bring them home, and then a day or two later i try them on to make sure i am satisfied with the fit before walking on anything but carpet. then i put them back in the closet, and usually do a second try on for fun at some point. then i wait to see how i want to use them for the maiden voyage. then i wait for the day when then is 0% chance for rain (especially with closed channel shoes, getting them wet before walking on hard pavement can easily cause the flap to peel, as i learned the hard way). and then when i am good and ready, i wear teh new shoes!!!
Well there it is. I am no longer curious.
However, I was curious what your camera setup was. I see you have a light box. I just got a new camera, arriving tonight, and was wondering how far to go to build a setup. Whatever happens, I'm really happy to be away from my girlfriends pink point and shoot with broken auto focus.
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › What are you reading? 33 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Indy Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 12 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...