or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 65

post #961 of 13629

Thanks Nick for that last comparison.  G&G only looks elongated in front/side pictures but is really not the case in person or from a top-down view.  I like MH71 the best; DG70 toe cap size seems to be ill proportioned.

 

BTW, the proportion of that Deco's toe cap design looks too small in my opinion.

post #962 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

BTW, the proportion of that Deco's toe cap design looks too small in my opinion.

I found it works really well with my narrow feet... Now if only that order would arrive.

Maybe it'll be a present when Tony gets here for the Autumn trunk show.
post #963 of 13629
Speaking of which, since I don't see it up here yet...
Quote:
We are delighted to announce that we will be visiting the United States of America with our latest bespoke and made-to-order collections from the 10th - 20th October 2011.

If you are interested in making an appointment for the dates below please contact Tony Gaziano or Dean Girling by e-mail - tony@gazianogirling.com or dean@gazianogirling.com or call +44 1536 511022, if you are interested in calling by on the day please contact the hotel asking to be put through to our room.

Dean Girling will be Visiting:

Chicago
Despos
(Please contact Dean or Chris Despos for an appointment)
34 East Oak Street
Third Floor
Chicago, IL 60611
Corner of Oak Street & Rush Street
chris@despos.com

Tel: 312-944-8833

Monday 10th October 2011 10am - 6pm
Tuesday 11th October 2011 10am - 12 noon


New York
Leffot
(Please contact Steven Taffel for an appointment)
10 Christopher Street
New York
NY 10014
Corner of Gay Street
info@leffot.com

Tel: 212-989-4577

Wednesday 12th October 2011 10am - 6pm


New York
The Benjamin
(Bespoke only)
125 East 50th Street
New York
NY 10022

Tel: 212-715-2500 or 1-866-222-BENJ

Thursday 13th October 2011 9am - 6pm
Friday 14th October 2011 9am - 6pm

Tony Gaziano will be visiting:

San Francisco
Wilkes Bashford
(Please contact Wilkes Bashford for an appointment)
375 Sutter Street
CA 94108

Tel: 415-986-4380

Saturday 15th October 2011 10am - 6pm


San Francisco
The Huntington
1075 California Street
Nob Hill
CA 94108

Tel: 415-474-5400

Sunday 16th October 2011 12 noon - 6pm
Monday 17th October 2011 10am - 5pm


Los Angeles
Beverley Wilshire Hotel
9500 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills
CA 90212

Tel: 310-275-5200

Tuesday 18th October 2011 10am - 6pm
Wednesday 19th October 10am - 12 noon


Dallas
Despos
(Please contact Chris chris@despos.com or Tony for an appointment)
2600 Cole Avenue
Dallas
TX 75204-0953

Tel: 312-944-8833

Thursday 20th October 2011 10am - 6pm


Yours sincerely,

Tony Gaziano & Dean Girling
post #964 of 13629
700
Reply
Reply
post #965 of 13629
^ Hmmmm whats the last action on the right?
post #966 of 13629
^ Deco.
post #967 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post

^ Deco.

SHIT!
post #968 of 13629
There is another post a few back with the different lasts labeled which shows it from the other angle. Don't know if it's on another page usually because I set my post count per page to 40. There it's on the left though. Makes me feel right.
post #969 of 13629
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

i find the rioja quite formal a tone and i dont think i could wear with light tones but it depnds on your own style

how versatile would you sat the vintage oak is, and what colors would you say it works well with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


how versatile would you sat the vintage oak is,...

extremly versatile...
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


extremly versatile...

you may have just made a sale for nick at bespoke england.

as the big man said VO is perhaps G&G or EG's for that matter most versitle color as it can be lightened or darkened depending on situation, the trouble with VR is that it is a black antique so IMO it does not make it as versitile as VO whihc will be a dark borwn antique - so it should be easier to dress up or down depending on you
post #970 of 13629
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick A View Post

700

L - R GG06, DG70, MH71, TG73, Deco
post #971 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


SHIT!

iknowrite!! so sexy
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post


as the big man said VO is perhaps G&G or EG's for that matter most versitle color as it can be lightened or darkened depending on situation, the trouble with VR is that it is a black antique so IMO it does not make it as versitile as VO whihc will be a dark borwn antique - so it should be easier to dress up or down depending on you

thanks luk. well looks like the purchase is pretty much sealed. waiting for something to come through in a week or two first and then i think i pull the trigger bounce2.gif
post #972 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post



as the big man said VO is perhaps G&G or EG's for that matter most versitle color as it can be lightened or darkened depending on situation, the trouble with VR is that it is a black antique so IMO it does not make it as versitile as VO whihc will be a dark borwn antique - so it should be easier to dress up or down depending on you


Vintage Rioja is black antique?  I could never understand that 'vintage rioja' color...

 

post #973 of 13629
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post




Vintage Rioja is black antique?  I could never understand that 'vintage rioja' color...

 


yes they use black waxes and creams for the antiquing process as with racing greena and midnight too - FYR EG do the same
post #974 of 13629
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


SHIT!

iknowrite!! so sexy
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post


as the big man said VO is perhaps G&G or EG's for that matter most versitle color as it can be lightened or darkened depending on situation, the trouble with VR is that it is a black antique so IMO it does not make it as versitile as VO whihc will be a dark borwn antique - so it should be easier to dress up or down depending on you

thanks luk. well looks like the purchase is pretty much sealed. waiting for something to come through in a week or two first and then i think i pull the trigger bounce2.gif

what are you thinking of getting??
post #975 of 13629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick A View Post

700

Great picture, thanks !
Are these E width or D ? I recon all G&G samples or on D width, right ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard