The color of the leather is much richer than the pictures and I was thrilled when they arrived. The soles are fine, a bit worn, but they will last a long time and can be re-soled if need be. I am a happy camper with this purchase but can't disclose the price because the sale was made outside of eBay. I did very well and the seller made a safe sale. Everybody goes home happy.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on Today at 4:08 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 6:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 629
Styleforum Top Picks
What's your thoughts on the Deco last?
Some feel it is too contemporary. I like it, but fear it might be just outside my comfort zone. The tapering of the DG70 last is my limit, is the Deco last more tapered still?
It's definitely very aggressive. I think it suits some people and some styles but by no means all. The shoes pictured on the G&G Deco page are good examples of what I think works well (and that's all the hints you'll get on my Decos for tonight, Stitch ):
Unless you dress like Tibor all the time, I don't think you'd want all your shoes to be Decos even if you could afford it. The ones in that pic that Spoo posted, for instance, don't work as well for me.
Which wing-tip model do you guys prefer and why? There is the walkton, Connaught, Rothschild, Mitchell, etc.
Just now looking at some, and thought maybe the broguing was more forward on the toe among some of the shoes. The depth of the wing tip also varies. planning a MTO, and I would love to hear thoughts on how the different style cues are perceived.
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
Styleforum Top Picks
- › things that are making you happy 45 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › An Interview with B&Tailor 12 minutes ago
- › Corthay 19 minutes ago
- › What did you wear to high school? 20 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 20 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 23 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 23 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 23 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 26 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan