The color of the leather is much richer than the pictures and I was thrilled when they arrived. The soles are fine, a bit worn, but they will last a long time and can be re-soled if need be. I am a happy camper with this purchase but can't disclose the price because the sale was made outside of eBay. I did very well and the seller made a safe sale. Everybody goes home happy.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 2/22/15 at 7:08am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:22 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on Today at 1:02 am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 6:35 am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 629
Styleforum Top Picks
What's your thoughts on the Deco last?
Some feel it is too contemporary. I like it, but fear it might be just outside my comfort zone. The tapering of the DG70 last is my limit, is the Deco last more tapered still?
It's definitely very aggressive. I think it suits some people and some styles but by no means all. The shoes pictured on the G&G Deco page are good examples of what I think works well (and that's all the hints you'll get on my Decos for tonight, Stitch ):
Unless you dress like Tibor all the time, I don't think you'd want all your shoes to be Decos even if you could afford it. The ones in that pic that Spoo posted, for instance, don't work as well for me.
Which wing-tip model do you guys prefer and why? There is the walkton, Connaught, Rothschild, Mitchell, etc.
Just now looking at some, and thought maybe the broguing was more forward on the toe among some of the shoes. The depth of the wing tip also varies. planning a MTO, and I would love to hear thoughts on how the different style cues are perceived.
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
- › The Home Ownership Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 43 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 3 minutes ago
- › LIVE=Watch Switzerland vs USA live stream 3 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Sole Welting 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...