The color of the leather is much richer than the pictures and I was thrilled when they arrived. The soles are fine, a bit worn, but they will last a long time and can be re-soled if need be. I am a happy camper with this purchase but can't disclose the price because the sale was made outside of eBay. I did very well and the seller made a safe sale. Everybody goes home happy.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Yesterday at 8:07 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:43 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:43am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:45pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 629
Styleforum Top Picks
What's your thoughts on the Deco last?
Some feel it is too contemporary. I like it, but fear it might be just outside my comfort zone. The tapering of the DG70 last is my limit, is the Deco last more tapered still?
It's definitely very aggressive. I think it suits some people and some styles but by no means all. The shoes pictured on the G&G Deco page are good examples of what I think works well (and that's all the hints you'll get on my Decos for tonight, Stitch ):
Unless you dress like Tibor all the time, I don't think you'd want all your shoes to be Decos even if you could afford it. The ones in that pic that Spoo posted, for instance, don't work as well for me.
Which wing-tip model do you guys prefer and why? There is the walkton, Connaught, Rothschild, Mitchell, etc.
Just now looking at some, and thought maybe the broguing was more forward on the toe among some of the shoes. The depth of the wing tip also varies. planning a MTO, and I would love to hear thoughts on how the different style cues are perceived.
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
- › How many miles did you run today? 24 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 10 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 13 minutes ago
- › New Brioni and Loro Piana Ties 15 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...