Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 3:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 1:53 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 618post #9256 of 162927/11/13 at 7:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9257 of 162927/11/13 at 7:48ampost #9258 of 162927/11/13 at 7:51amQuote:
I agree it is dressy. I got these on the wensum sole for rainy days and they will do fine in the city.
There are dressy chukkas and hiking chukkas . I think there is a place for both.post #9259 of 162927/11/13 at 8:00ampost #9260 of 162927/11/13 at 8:02ampost #9261 of 162927/11/13 at 8:06ampost #9262 of 162927/11/13 at 8:09ampost #9263 of 162927/11/13 at 8:11ampost #9264 of 162927/11/13 at 8:26ampost #9265 of 162927/11/13 at 8:41amQuote:
I am in the same boat. I still cannot figure out TG73 last. Indeed it is difficult to tell them apart in photos. I was sure that Burnham from Barneys was on MH71 but it was on TG73. I had to return it. It was hurting me across my forefoot. This does not happen on CG06 and MH71.post #9266 of 162927/11/13 at 8:56ampost #9267 of 162927/11/13 at 9:00amQuote:Originally Posted by laufer
I am in the same boat. I still cannot figure out TG73 last. Indeed it is difficult to tell them apart in photos. I was sure that Burnham from Barneys was on MH71 but it was on TG73. I had to return it. It was hurting me across my forefoot. This does not happen on CG06 and MH71.
How about DG70?post #9268 of 162927/11/13 at 9:07am
That one I am still trying to figure out. I tried 10.5E on DG70 and I found it very tight in the toe area. I have not have a chance to try 11E on DG70. I do not know if 10.5 E would stretch enough to become comfortable? There are some models that look really good on DG70 such as Rothschild. I would want to get Isham on DG70. To me split toes look really good on pointy lasts.
Are there any Isham fans out there? maybe we can lobby for Isham to be included in monthly special but not until later part of the year please.post #9269 of 162927/11/13 at 6:48pm
Speaking of mistreating nice shoes, I hiked up the Lion's Head in Cape Town wearing a pair of Santoni dress boots. Garnered lots of curious stares and mutterings of "hipster" from others on the trail.
The boots did look a little the worse for wear at the end, but scrubbed up fine with a lick of Renovateur followed by polishing with some Glaçage.
Don't try this at home though, kiddies.
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Patrik Ervell - Short Sleeve Sweatshirt - Grey - Large - NEW w/ tags 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge July 24th - Denim 6 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Vass proxy service worldwide! 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...