or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 606

post #9076 of 13056


Maiden voyage for the Arrans today
post #9077 of 13056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake View Post



Maiden voyage for the Arrans today

That's a winner, my friend.

I need this shoe in mole suede...
post #9078 of 13056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake View Post



Maiden voyage for the Arrans today

nephew,
wear in good health
post #9079 of 13056
Flak, those look great!
post #9080 of 13056
flake - icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #9081 of 13056

These 6.5 E G&G "Hughes" are at my local thrift store, selling for $250. I'm not sure whether 6.5E denotes 6.5US or UK. I'm not sure whether there is tax on shoes purchased from a thrift store. If so, tax is 13%.

 

 

Originally I thought they were unworn, until I took a second look over them. The toe of the right shoe has two scuffs on the toe. I'm not sure whether they would polish out, because I don't really know that much about what polishes out and what doesn't.

 

Further Pics (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Very minor scuffs on heel.

 

 

I was originally going to buy and ebay, but after seeing the toe scuff I'm not sure if it is worth it.

 

PM me if anyone is interested. 

post #9082 of 13056
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post

These 6.5 E G&G "Hughes" are at my local thrift store, selling for $250. I'm not sure whether 6.5E denotes 6.5US or UK. I'm not sure whether there is tax on shoes purchased from a thrift store. If so, tax is 13%.




Originally I thought they were unworn, until I took a second look over them. The toe of the right shoe has two scuffs on the toe. I'm not sure whether they would polish out, because I don't really know that much about what polishes out and what doesn't.
Further Pics (Click to show)

































Very minor scuffs on heel.

I was originally going to buy and ebay, but after seeing the toe scuff I'm not sure if it is worth it.

PM me if anyone is interested. 

If those were my size, I'd be all over it. Shoe trees alone would sell for over $100 US.
post #9083 of 13056
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhuynh View Post


If those were my size, I'd be all over it. Shoe trees alone would sell for over $100 US.

 

I would be too! I was so disappointed when they were too small.

post #9084 of 13056
sidebar - the soles are a pretty good indicator that they have been worn, lol. sick price though. especially with trees.
post #9085 of 13056
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

sidebar - the soles are a pretty good indicator that they have been worn, lol. sick price though. especially with trees.

 

Yeah, definitely. But I didn't look at the soles the first time I was in. I just checked the size, saw it was not my size, and left.

post #9086 of 13056

The shoes are spoken for. I'm proxying for a beer.

post #9087 of 13056
Make sure you at least get a Sierra Nevada. That's a very generous gesture on your part worthy of more than a bid light.

cheers.gif
post #9088 of 13056
post #9089 of 13056
you are a kind man.
post #9090 of 13056
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

GG Arrans from Barney's showed up today, black on DG70 last:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) They are in good condition, will have fit pics up in a sec.

You lucked out on the condition if those are from the warehouse sale. They don't look like they've ever been tried on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard