or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 546

post #8176 of 13322
Here are clearer pictures of my Girling shoes with a somewhat racy lining.

Nick of Bespoke England is a real gentleman who updated me periodically on the status of my order, provided advice on how different leather colours will match, and is shockingly prompt in his e-mail replies. Seems really passionate about what he's doing.

I realized that one probably has to size down on the lazy man shoes though. I orderd my usual Girling size but realized I should have sized down by 1/2. Nothing insoles won't help resolve however.

Pictures from Bespoke England -- http://bespoke-england.tumblr.com/





post #8177 of 13322
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post

Here are clearer pictures of my Girling shoes with a somewhat racy lining. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nick of Bespoke England is a real gentleman who updated me periodically on the status of my order, provided advice on how different leather colours will match, and is shockingly prompt in his e-mail replies. Seems really passionate about what he's doing.

I realized that one probably has to size down on the lazy man shoes though. I order my usual Girling size but realized I should have sized down by 1/2. Nothing insoles won't help resolve however.

Pictures from Bespoke England -- http://bespoke-england.tumblr.com/







Cool to know that you size down on G&G sizes, I often need to size up for G&G in relation to other usual British suspects.

I have reasonably worn in my hatchgrain as well, you shall see it in the flesh very soon icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #8178 of 13322

Spoo I found your shoes:

 

 

post #8179 of 13322
I size up too. But for the Lazy man, it's different. I think because of the elastic gussets. You went to Uppingham to visit Bespoke England? How was the place? A lot of Girlings there? nod[1].gifrolleyes.gif
post #8180 of 13322
Cross from shoe damage thread



Before wear



After wear

Decos (Bowlly in the first pic and Holden in last)
post #8181 of 13322
^ How is the vamp creasing holding up?
post #8182 of 13322
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post

I size up too. But for the Lazy man, it's different. I think because of the elastic gussets. You went to Uppingham to visit Bespoke England? How was the place? A lot of Girlings there? nod[1].gifrolleyes.gif

The shop is actually very small, even smaller than the Cleverley store in the UK. he does not have a big selection of shoes, but some decent models exists. I must say Nick is a very passionate person on his trade. It was a nice time when I went to the shop and the small town.

For those into bargain hunting, you are lucky if you wear UK8 in G&G, most of the stock sample is made in his size (UK8).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
p.s. some of his true gem are not on his website.
post #8183 of 13322
I actually think that, viewed from the soles, the Decos are significantly more elegant. That spade-like sole is amazing and to-die-for.

However, IMO, viewed from the top, the Decos seem to be only a marginal improvement (in terms of aesthetics) over the already sleek shoes made by Girling (and other brands).
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

The shop is actually very small, even smaller than the Cleverley store in the UK. he does not have a big selection of shoes, but some decent models exists. I must say Nick is a very passionate person on his trade. It was a nice time when I went to the shop and the small town.

For those into bargain hunting, you are lucky if you wear UK8 in G&G, most of the stock sample is made in his size (UK8).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
p.s. some of his true gem are not on his website.

Looks like a trip to Uppingham to visit Nick's shop is in order biggrin.gif
post #8184 of 13322
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

The shop is actually very small, even smaller than the Cleverley store in the UK. he does not have a big selection of shoes, but some decent models exists. I must say Nick is a very passionate person on his trade. It was a nice time when I went to the shop and the small town.

For those into bargain hunting, you are lucky if you wear UK8 in G&G, most of the stock sample is made in his size (UK8).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
p.s. some of his true gem are not on his website.

I'm a UK8...really need to visit him when i'm in London later this summer smile.gif
post #8185 of 13322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post

I'm a UK8...really need to visit him when i'm in London later this summer smile.gif

Plan the trip, Uppingham is a relatively remote quiet town outside Leicester. Plenty of driving from London.
post #8186 of 13322
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post

Nick of Bespoke England is a real gentleman who updated me periodically on the status of my order, provided advice on how different leather colours will match, and is shockingly prompt in his e-mail replies. Seems really passionate about what he's doing.

i try not to play favorites, but nick might be my favorite e-tailer of all time. hober is right up there too.
post #8187 of 13322
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Plan the trip, Uppingham is a relatively remote quiet town outside Leicester. Plenty of driving from London.

Any word on the actual G&G boutique in London? I thought it was supposed to open late last year.
post #8188 of 13322
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

Any word on the actual G&G boutique in London? I thought it was supposed to open late last year.

I am not aware that there is one. Their is another show room in Morgan Savile Row, but I don't think the shop has any stocks. Further I don't want to bother Joe or Michael about shoes.
post #8189 of 13322
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i try not to play favorites, but nick might be my favorite e-tailer of all time. hober is right up there too.

Couldn't agree more.
post #8190 of 13322
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i try not to play favorites, but nick might be my favorite e-tailer of all time. hober is right up there too.

+1

Nick is a rare treasure these days. Keep supporting him and Bespoke England.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard