Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on 8/2/15 at 1:32pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 8/1/15 at 7:13pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 540post #8086 of 163955/2/13 at 1:12pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8087 of 163955/2/13 at 1:17pmpost #8088 of 163955/2/13 at 1:27pmpost #8089 of 163955/2/13 at 1:40pmpost #8090 of 163955/2/13 at 1:44pmpost #8091 of 163955/2/13 at 3:28pmpost #8092 of 163955/2/13 at 4:05pmpost #8093 of 163955/2/13 at 4:21pmpost #8094 of 163955/2/13 at 4:24pmpost #8095 of 163955/2/13 at 9:24pmThis looks bespoke to me.Quote:Originally Posted by pic9809
can anyone help identify the last on both of these barclays and gables - def not TG73 but are they MH71, DG70 or bespokes?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not sure about this.Quote:Originally Posted by pic9809
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #8096 of 163955/2/13 at 10:10pmpost #8097 of 163955/3/13 at 12:05ampost #8098 of 163955/3/13 at 2:44pmpost #8099 of 163955/4/13 at 1:54ampost #8100 of 163955/4/13 at 5:24amHad a very interesting experience just now.
I visited Cleverley looking for a pair of shoes in museum calf and we ended up talking about the prospects of bespeaking a pair of shoes in Russian reindeer with pitched heels to boot. I was advised that it costs 4200 pounds, that is, a surcharge of 1400 gbp.
I found the surcharge quite high, and inquired if they had anything in hatchgrain. Because they didnt know what that was, I said 'let me show you a pair of Girling shoes', and whipped out a picture of Girling shoes in that leather.
I was shocked when the guy said 'disgusting' WITHOUT even looking at the picture of the shoes.
(Even if he had looked, it'd still be baseless because the shoes I showed them is a carbon copy of their iconic Churchill shoes except in a different leather).
Stunned by that emotional and baseless reply, I surmised that there must have been some bad blood between Cleverley and Girling and I was just checking out Girling's origins and then I discovered that Tony started off at Cleverley.
No wonder. But how petty.
Edited by bboysdontcryy - 5/4/13 at 5:47am
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1155 Active Users (221 Members and 934 Guests)
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 47 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › NWT CANAL KEI TOPCOAT 42/52R ANGORA BLEND GREY "WINTER IS COMING" 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 7 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 8 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 10 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › A Thread for Sunglasses (High End and Rarities Welcome) 22 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...