or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 539

post #8071 of 13004
You are skipping over MTO.

The question about needing bespoke is relevant to whether your foot fits an available last/size that is available. If you can fit well in a existing G&G last, then there is no reason to go full bespoke.

But I see how desireable it is to go MTO (which is custom, but not building a new last for your specific foo as bespoke would bet) and pick out materials, design, etc. Some of the Deco stuff is outstanding.
post #8072 of 13004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcava View Post

You are skipping over MTO.

The question about needing bespoke is relevant to whether your foot fits an available last/size that is available. If you can fit well in a existing G&G last, then there is no reason to go full bespoke.

But I see how desireable it is to go MTO (which is custom, but not building a new last for your specific foo as bespoke would bet) and pick out materials, design, etc. Some of the Deco stuff is outstanding.

 

I figured the cool part about Bespoke is that I can alter the last however I want.  At this stage I don't know what I'd do, but is probably a road I'd like to go down at some point.  

 

Next step would probably be a deco shoe, or more of the RTW since they are gorgeous in their own right.  

post #8073 of 13004
G&G MTO is just cosmetic alterations.
post #8074 of 13004
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

I figured the cool part about Bespoke is that I can alter the last however I want.  At this stage I don't know what I'd do, but is probably a road I'd like to go down at some point.  

Next step would probably be a deco shoe, or more of the RTW since they are gorgeous in their own right.  

I have seen a handful of deco shoes, personally the upper is finished in the same standard as RTW, but with a finer sole treatment.

I personally don't see deco shoes should worth more than the RTW last.

If you are not in need of shoe, always better to save for a pair of bespoke. They definitely use better leather in their bespoke operation.
post #8075 of 13004
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post


I have seen a handful of deco shoes, personally the upper is finished in the same standard as RTW, but with a finer sole treatment.

I personally don't see deco shoes should worth more than the RTW last.

If you are not in need of shoe, always better to save for a pair of bespoke. They definitely use better leather in their bespoke operation.

 

From what I've seen and read the deco finishing is a touch better but that could have been isolated.  

post #8076 of 13004
Well they advertise on their own website that rtw uses same materials as deco / bespoke so finishing might be a little better but it's gonna be almost the same
post #8077 of 13004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcava View Post

You are skipping over MTO.

The question about needing bespoke is relevant to whether your foot fits an available last/size that is available. If you can fit well in a existing G&G last, then there is no reason to go full bespoke.

+ Agree.
 
Agree.
post #8078 of 13004
Maiden Voyage:



Best fitting shoes I have, nice secure heel ( which is difficult to find for my wide size ), fits like a glove. Leather brakes evenly, which is a nice change of pace from some ill fitting shoes I have had.

Thanks again Nick...
post #8079 of 13004
^^ looks great ! ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

G&G MTO is just cosmetic alterations.

well, yes, but it affords a lot of cool things to play with, much more than standard RTW.

regarding bespoke, even if you fit fine in RTW lasts, if you want to do something exceptionally unique, cool, creative and personal, bespoke offers that. and id do it if i had the coin.
post #8080 of 13004
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

^^ looks great ! ^^
well, yes, but it affords a lot of cool things to play with, much more than standard RTW.

regarding bespoke, even if you fit fine in RTW lasts, if you want to do something exceptionally unique, cool, creative and personal, bespoke offers that. and id do it if i had the coin.

 

+1

 

Bespoke really lets you be creative.  I haven't found a last I don't fit in from most major companies so fit hasn't been a huge concern for me.  

post #8081 of 13004
I would guess that GG bespoke offers hand lasted construction, as opposed to Goodyear (I might be wrong). That and it looks like you get the chance to basically create your own shoe style down to every detail, maybe one that GG does not carry. Lastly, I would think that bespoke would offer the last word in perfect fit.
post #8082 of 13004
Very clever, JS.
post #8083 of 13004
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

I would guess that GG bespoke offers hand lasted construction, as opposed to Goodyear (I might be wrong). That and it looks like you get the chance to basically create your own shoe style down to every detail, maybe one that GG does not carry. Lastly, I would think that bespoke would offer the last word in perfect fit.

as i understand it, there are indeed aspects of the finishing and construction in bespoke that are superior to RTW and MTO, besides the freedom of design.
post #8084 of 13004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post


Agree+Agree
post #8085 of 13004
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

I would guess that GG bespoke offers hand lasted construction, as opposed to Goodyear (I might be wrong). That and it looks like you get the chance to basically create your own shoe style down to every detail, maybe one that GG does not carry. Lastly, I would think that bespoke would offer the last word in perfect fit.

RTW 95% there, lack perfrct fit and finish,
MTO 99% there, better fit, same finish,
Bespoke, PRICELESS!!!!! FIT & FINISH.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard