or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 534

post #7996 of 12538
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post


nephew,
wear in good health
post #7997 of 12538
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

My favorite GG color, vintage chestnut


nephew,
looking good
wear in good health
post #7998 of 12538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake View Post

These go on my list too. List keeps getting longer...

It never ends uh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Is this the hove? GG fits me better than EG and I really like EG's Dover but I might have to go with the GG Hove.

That color is fantastic on that shoe

thank you!, hove on MH71 last

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
wear in good health

Thank you uncle!
post #7999 of 12538
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

It never ends uh?
thank you!, hove on MH71 last
Thank you uncle!

I gotta see fit pictures man! Post it in the sock shoe pant thread pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.
post #8000 of 12538
G&G Bespoke Sole repair in Japan

Documents a sole replacement job of a G&G Bespoke (not mine). Done by RESH in Tokyo


G&G Bespoke. Personally, I would have sent it back to the UK


The owner asked for the soles to be replaced.


Gutted heel


Taking apart


Recreating a G&G sole (but with J.R. soles)


Waists are hand stitched


Completed


Definitely not G&G Bespoke waist, but they did their best



The whole thing including rubber toes and heels, cost ¥24,990 ($250 USD)

RESH is my cobbler to go in Tokyo. They're service is blazing fast (30min wait for a heel replacement or a toe steel attachment)
Though I'm not sure how long this took for them
post #8001 of 12538
quite a nice job at qiute a fair price.
post #8002 of 12538
^ I'll say.
post #8003 of 12538

So much love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

post #8004 of 12538
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

My favorite GG color, vintage chestnut

Hi. I think I got the same pair. Is the color true on screen? Mine appears to be a shade lighter.

post #8005 of 12538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

So much love.

 

   lust from this end   that would be an awesome May shoe of the month

post #8006 of 12538

Couldn't agree more nod[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGent View Post

 

   lust from this end   that would be an awesome May shoe of the month

post #8007 of 12538

I actually think the Polo Suede Shoes are available on the website anyway.  Some arent available for 3 months but still on there for ordering. 

 

Except us folks that don't fit one of the listed sizes.  Damnit.

post #8008 of 12538
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

G&G Bespoke Sole repair in Japan

Documents a sole replacement job of a G&G Bespoke (not mine). Done by RESH in Tokyo


The owner asked for the soles to be replaced.

Look just look how evenly that sole has worn out. The beauty of bespoke shoes. On the other hand was it really necessary necessary to recraft these? it seems these had a lot of life left in them.
post #8009 of 12538
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post


Look just look how evenly that sole has worn out. The beauty of bespoke shoes. On the other hand was it really necessary necessary to refract these? it seems these had a lot of life left in them.

 

I was thinking the same thing.  Those look just broken in to me...

post #8010 of 12538

Really annoying im a wide fitting facepalm.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

I actually think the Polo Suede Shoes are available on the website anyway.  Some arent available for 3 months but still on there for ordering. 

 

Except us folks that don't fit one of the listed sizes.  Damnit.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard