Thank you. I am planning on ordering Arran in espresso on MH71 last.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 10:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 7:13 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 510
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7637 of 163793/18/13 at 6:36ampost #7638 of 163793/21/13 at 7:50ampost #7639 of 163793/21/13 at 7:59ampost #7640 of 163793/21/13 at 8:04ampost #7641 of 163793/21/13 at 8:19ampost #7642 of 163793/21/13 at 10:29amBiarritz - from Barney's Warehouse sale..
Thanks to all for help decoding the Barney's sizing.
I can confirm that what Barney's sells as a US 11, (and on their sizing chart says UK10) is in fact a UK 10.5 - and is marked as such by G&G on the box. The Barney's sticker just says US11. It is just their online size chart that does not use actual UK sizing.post #7643 of 163793/21/13 at 12:58pmpost #7644 of 163793/21/13 at 1:23pmpost #7645 of 163793/21/13 at 2:11pmpost #7646 of 163793/21/13 at 2:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Coldcava
Biarritz - from Barney's Warehouse sale..
Thanks to all for help decoding the Barney's sizing.
I can confirm that what Barney's sells as a US 11, (and on their sizing chart says UK10) is in fact a UK 10.5 - and is marked as such by G&G on the box. The Barney's sticker just says US11. It is just their online size chart that does not use actual UK sizing.
I bought the same pair and the shoe just didn't fit me well. The shoe felt too small in the toe box, yet my heel was flopping out of the back, so to ebay they go. Loafers are the toughest fit for me, and I only took the risk because I figured I can get rid of them at a profit.post #7647 of 163793/21/13 at 3:59pmAnother "Thanks for the Barneys Warehouse PSA." I did a little reading here first but rolled the dice on sizing. Turned out just right. There are a few scratches that I hope will buff out with some brushing. Not surprising given the handwritten note on the sticker on the bottom of the left shoe (see below). There's a little weirdness with the antiquing on the heel of one shoe. I'll probably seek recommendations in the shoe care thread, but if people have thoughts, let me know. Quite a bargain on some lovely shoes! (Uploaded via iPhone so click to embiggen.)
And this note inside the box was funny.post #7648 of 163793/21/13 at 8:36pm
Might just want to bring them to a good cobbler in your area for some input - but congrats on snagging the last pair. I just went to work on a small stain on a pair of C&J's yesterday. I applied a couple of coats of Saphir Renovateur (it's a cleaner/conditioner) and it put a serious dent in the stain. All I need now is to get the proper colored wax and I should be good to go. Good luck and enjoy the shoes.post #7649 of 163793/21/13 at 9:02pm
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 15 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 17 minutes ago
- › Experience with Maurizio Baldassari 17 minutes ago
- › Tour De France is Boring 23 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 24 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 28 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 29 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 29 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 33 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...