Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 1:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 7/27/15 at 1:53pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 507post #7591 of 163173/12/13 at 6:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7592 of 163173/12/13 at 8:43pmpost #7593 of 163173/12/13 at 9:12pmpost #7594 of 163173/13/13 at 4:27ampost #7595 of 163173/13/13 at 7:38ampost #7596 of 163173/13/13 at 7:42amQuote:
if Skoak follows through this week i'll post a dull ass black pair for contemplation just for grins
SF may be down on black shoes but i'm betting they gonna shine like new pennies & have texture to boot
. . . . pun intendedpost #7597 of 163173/13/13 at 8:10ampost #7598 of 163173/13/13 at 8:39amQuote:
i quite like black shoes. i fing in many applications they are better than brown for certain fits. look forward to seeing your new shoes.Quote:
im sure i will. not sure when it will happen though. ill keep an eye out for your pics.post #7599 of 163173/13/13 at 10:12amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
i quite like black shoes. i fing in many applications they are better than brown for certain fits. look forward to seeing your new shoes.
im sure i will. not sure when it will happen though. ill keep an eye out for your pics.i quite like black shoes. i fing in many applications they are better than brown for certain fits. look forward to seeing your new shoes.
after seeing the ones posted i wish i had sense enough to know the last differences when i ordered. going to lurv them anyway on kn14post #7600 of 163173/13/13 at 11:05ampost #7601 of 163173/15/13 at 2:30ampost #7602 of 163173/15/13 at 2:39amQuote:
color seems to vary between the two pairs. mine is even lighter. think i prefer a darker brown on the westburypost #7603 of 163173/15/13 at 2:39ampost #7604 of 163173/15/13 at 8:46amQuote:
On your Barney's order, what sizing did you trust.. I normally fit a 10.5 UK G&G and on my pair of Sinatra wholecuts its dropped down to 10 UK. Considering the Biarritz loafers and am concerned what size is actually accurate? I remember the debacle with sizing a couple of months ago and am a bit nervous.
Am thinking that I am typically a us 11 and that the drop down to G&G UK sizing should only be a 1/2 size down?
Any thoughts?post #7605 of 163173/15/13 at 9:59am
My experience with Barney's is that sizes listed on the site have been converted to the corresponding US shoe size and fortunately that was the case here. I'm a 10 so I ordered the 10 off the internet. The Barney's bar code stuck on the box has them listed as a 10 while the printing inside the shoe and on the G&G box mark them as a 9.5E. So, again, the 9.5 GG's are listed as 10 on the site.
As for different lasts requiring you to size up or down I have no clue as these are my first pair of G&G. My pair feel fairly true to size. They are a touch long but I'm really a small 10 and it's not an issue were I would consider sizing down. Hope that helps.
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Advice sought on dinner suit from Chan 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Lawless Denim & Co (Phoenix, Arizona) 3 minutes ago
- › Ermenegildo Zegna Navy Blue Wool Blazer Size 42R Two Button 3 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 8 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 17 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...