or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 495

post #7411 of 13442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss17 View Post

Actually you might be right, it can vary a bit it seems. According to leffot, this is vintage rioja.

Most G&G colours except aniline vary a little, this must be taken into consideration. It depends on both the leather batch and the antiquing. You shouldn’t use bespoke shoes (as in Gauss17’s picture above) as a colour reference, they are most often tweaked.
post #7412 of 13442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Thoughts between St James (vintage cherry, TG73) or Kent (black and suede TG73)

Having a hard time here...

Porque no los dos? stirpot.gif
post #7413 of 13442
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlau View Post


Porque no los dos? stirpot.gif

$$$$$$

post #7414 of 13442
St James Vintage Cherry
post #7415 of 13442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss17 View Post

What color calfskin is this? Bordeaux? Nothing looks like it on their MTO site.



from:

http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2012/08/todays-favorites-best-wholecut-ever.html

The last looks bespoke to me. I don't see the welt well enough to say if it is handwelted.

Notice that the bramhall doesn't have brogueing on the tongue while the first example does. Also 5 eyelets vs 6 eyelets.

post #7416 of 13442
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post

The last looks bespoke to me. I don't see the welt well enough to say if it is handwelted.
Notice that the bramhall doesn't have brogueing on the tongue while the first example does. Also 5 eyelets vs 6 eyelets. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

so mebbe i was teh right! i knew it had a bespoke look to it.
post #7417 of 13442
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgo View Post

St James Vintage Cherry

Yeah will go for that. I think the black suede one is more business attire only.

post #7418 of 13442
What's the difference between the St JAmes and the St James II?
post #7419 of 13442
add my vote for SJVC
post #7420 of 13442
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

What's the difference between the St JAmes and the St James II?

The quarters are slightly different:

St. James II


St. James
AppleMark
post #7421 of 13442
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

What's the difference between the St JAmes and the St James II?

this was mentioned before, and i forget all the subtle differences, but the pointed brouge pattern on the heel on the 2 v. the standard curve on the original, is one difference.




edit - Malford beat me to it.
post #7422 of 13442
Are there other differences? Beyond that, they look about the same. Need a pair. But need a pair at discount haha..
post #7423 of 13442
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrut View Post

Are there other differences? Beyond that, they look about the same. Need a pair. But need a pair at discount haha..

None that I know of but I could be wrong.

Fantastic pair of shoes in either configuration. It's a matter of preference but I couldn't honestly pick one over the other.
post #7424 of 13442
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post

None that I know of but I could be wrong.

Fantastic pair of shoes in either configuration. It's a matter of preference but I couldn't honestly pick one over the other.


plus one to both points. though i think mktitsworth pointed out a few more differences, il try and find the post.
post #7425 of 13442
The vintage cherry is great and more versatile than it appears at first glance, but it's still a color you have to take into account when dressing. Not something you can throw on without thinking. For a first pair of G&G, I would get something I could wear more often, vintage oak or rioja.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard