Anything comparable for cheaper? Trying to take the step past allen edmonds lol
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/16/15 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 10:44 am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 482
Styleforum Top Picks
I own a pair. Lovely shoes. Definitely a step up from the two AEs I own (as befits the higher price point). Blasphemy perhaps for this thread but if you place the AS Moore beside the St James II in vintage cherry it's hard to tell the difference at first glance - then you notice the burnishing, the rolled waist, etc.
But, for a cheaper alternative it's hard to beat.
It's worth reflecting on the words of Oscar Wilde (or some such comparable fellow):
"I am too poor to afford cheap stuff."
Shoes stay with you for a long time. Why not get fewer but nicer ones?
That's the goal moving forward. I guess I can't justify paying close to a grand yet for shoes. 2 years ago the $250 for a pair of AEs was a big deal to me. One step at a time.
I can not take credit for this polishing as it is my friend who does it. He told me he uses two shades of brown, black, and neutral.
Here is more pic of it. He asked me to leave the shoes with him longer as he does not feel that it is "finished"
The AS are very good quality. You are not going to save money in the long run by buying the GGs. Following this argument to its conclusion, wouldn't it be better to get GG bespoke instead? Really the more-expensive-stuff-is-actually-cheaper argument is massively overplayed on SF. It may be better, and especially better than someone who has a shopping addiction who can't stop buying cheap stuff. But if you don't really care and you just want to get something that looks decent for as little money as possible, GG is not the way to go.
Okay, thanks. Damn that's hot makes the shoes look $1k more expensive :D
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 34 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › questions from the new guy 9 minutes ago
- › Help me with my next suit 10 minutes ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...