Anything comparable for cheaper? Trying to take the step past allen edmonds lol
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on Today at 4:08 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:38 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 4:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 482
Styleforum Top Picks
I own a pair. Lovely shoes. Definitely a step up from the two AEs I own (as befits the higher price point). Blasphemy perhaps for this thread but if you place the AS Moore beside the St James II in vintage cherry it's hard to tell the difference at first glance - then you notice the burnishing, the rolled waist, etc.
But, for a cheaper alternative it's hard to beat.
It's worth reflecting on the words of Oscar Wilde (or some such comparable fellow):
"I am too poor to afford cheap stuff."
Shoes stay with you for a long time. Why not get fewer but nicer ones?
That's the goal moving forward. I guess I can't justify paying close to a grand yet for shoes. 2 years ago the $250 for a pair of AEs was a big deal to me. One step at a time.
I can not take credit for this polishing as it is my friend who does it. He told me he uses two shades of brown, black, and neutral.
Here is more pic of it. He asked me to leave the shoes with him longer as he does not feel that it is "finished"
The AS are very good quality. You are not going to save money in the long run by buying the GGs. Following this argument to its conclusion, wouldn't it be better to get GG bespoke instead? Really the more-expensive-stuff-is-actually-cheaper argument is massively overplayed on SF. It may be better, and especially better than someone who has a shopping addiction who can't stop buying cheap stuff. But if you don't really care and you just want to get something that looks decent for as little money as possible, GG is not the way to go.
Okay, thanks. Damn that's hot makes the shoes look $1k more expensive :D
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Australian Members 22 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 28 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Button Down Shirt 8 minutes ago
- › New suit designs, critique please 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 17 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan