Something like Saratorial_Splender posted some time ago. Wigmore in espresso calf and mole suede.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 10:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 7:13 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 476post #7126 of 163812/5/13 at 1:51pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7127 of 163812/5/13 at 2:22pmpost #7128 of 163812/5/13 at 2:30pmpost #7129 of 163812/5/13 at 3:01pmpost #7130 of 163812/5/13 at 3:47pmpost #7131 of 163812/5/13 at 4:17pmQuote:
I do. Mid-grey pants, blue jacket. Grey suit would look great as well I think. I'm not sure I'd wear black suede wholecuts quite the same way, but the full brogue wingtip doesn't feel that dressy.post #7132 of 163812/5/13 at 5:57pmQuote:
Getting dressed this morning - mid grey (PoW actually)trousers, white shirt, blue grey herringbone cashmere jacket - and was thinking that those black suede oxfords would look perfect with this!post #7133 of 163812/5/13 at 6:55pmpost #7134 of 163812/5/13 at 7:11pmQuote:
Depends on the rest of the outfit. There was a good piece (maybe on dieworkwear?) arguing that going sockless works best with lighter shoes and pants, so that the contrast of the naked leg isn't too extreme. The fact that these shoes are dark makes it tough to pull off. With light/tan pants it may work, but hard to say.post #7135 of 163812/5/13 at 7:25pmpost #7136 of 163812/5/13 at 7:33pm
I usually wear a C&J Harvard loafer in dark brown shell sockless and it's perfect. This one -- the design looks slightly elongated and semi-formal...that's why I was in doubt.
I would also gladly wear a pair of wholecut loafers sock less.
But this one....I just can't tell by looking at pictures.
Midnight blue is a fantastic colour.post #7137 of 163812/5/13 at 9:01pmQuote:
Wearing no socks ALWAYS looks terrible.Exceptions are made occasionally for Italian (ladies') fashion designers and anyone walking onto a boat, but apart from that, wear nice socks. :)post #7138 of 163812/5/13 at 9:18pmQuote:
Oh that's not fair! I think it looks fine on younger, fitter guys who are dressed very casually and are in warmer climates. I don't think it looks good with a suit, or with dark colors in general, but tan pants, white shirt, blue jacket, light brown loafers? That can look great.post #7139 of 163812/5/13 at 10:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by joshuadowen
Oh that's not fair! I think it looks fine on younger, fitter guys who are dressed very casually and are in warmer climates. I don't think it looks good with a suit, or with dark colors in general, but tan pants, white shirt, blue jacket, light brown loafers? That can look great.
Unsightly, unhygienic and unmanly.
Sure, with long shorts and a polo shirt, or even as you describe, it seems to be acceptable (but I'm glad you draw the line at a suit). Like I said, if you're getting onto a boat or sitting in a beach side bar in the Bahamas, what the heck. A casual pair of moccasins or deck shoes with no socks, I get. But in the realm of "classic menswear", I still consider it below par: proper loafers that are too good for the beach, are too good for bare feet, and bare feet are never "classic menswear": what next? Baggy suits with just a vest underneath like MC Hammer?
Anyway, I appreciate I am an anachronism swimming against the tide here - cf. my ranting at people wearing "jeans" in the WAYWRN thread. These things are not "classic menswear", they are casual work wear for labourers and factory workers! At least in my addled, reactionary old mind. My only concessions are colourful socks and brown in town. Dandy is good. But denim and socklessness are just scruffy.
Right, enough of that, I'll go and listen to the wireless and calm down. Perhaps someone could post some lovely shoes and get us back on track? ;)
- Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › The Look goes on... 25 seconds ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › @@@ Galatasaray Inter maci canli izle justin tv canli mac izle 8 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 15 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 15 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...