or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 469

post #7021 of 13247
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

Oi, that is beautiful.

indeed, great choice of leather combo.
post #7022 of 13247
Quick one as I have zero G&G experience.
Would the Gable in 10.5US work if I am a 9.5E in most EG /CJ lasts?
Thanks
post #7023 of 13247
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


indeed, great choice of leather combo.

My thought aswell. Just pure awesome.

post #7024 of 13247
What do you mean by 10.5US? You mean a GG size 10?
post #7025 of 13247
Wrongly assumed they would be 10.5D ( Barneys)...
post #7026 of 13247
Anybody have pics of GG oak and/or tan hatch grain? Both together even better.
post #7027 of 13247
The GG double monks are nice, but I think the JL Chapel is still the best of the breed. I think the JL last suits the style a lot better
post #7028 of 13247
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthdragon View Post

Quick one as I have zero G&G experience.
Would the Gable in 10.5US work if I am a 9.5E in most EG /CJ lasts?
Thanks

if they still are sizing down a half size, so the GG shoe will be a UK 10, and you are a UK 9.5 in CJ, ime it should fit you.
post #7029 of 13247
Code:
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

if they still are sizing down a half size, so the GG shoe will be a UK 10, and you are a UK 9.5 in CJ, ime it should fit you.
Thanks
post #7030 of 13247
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthdragon View Post

Thanks

no probs. re-reading my post, it sounded like english might be my 4th language. glad you were able to piece it together.
post #7031 of 13247
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

no probs. re-reading my post, it sounded like english might be my 4th language. glad you were able to piece it together.
Makes perfect sense / my second language ( after Australian)...
post #7032 of 13247
I'm thinking about getting my first pair of G&G shoes, but am unfamiliar with the lasts. Does anyone know how the GG06 compares to any of EG's lasts? Also, any advice on sizing? I'm an 8.5E in most EG shoes, 9D in almost anything American, and 8 in UK.

Also, how red is G&G's shell burgundy? I was hoping to get something that leans towards the brown side of the spectrum, but it seems they only offer one shell color?
post #7033 of 13247
G&G sizes exactly same as EG. GG06 is slightly narrower than 202 in the toe box. In terms of toe box width, IMO 202 > GG06 > 82 > TG74.

Man did you win an IPO lottery or had a fat bonus last year? All these bespoke and shoes lol
post #7034 of 13247
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

I'm thinking about getting my first pair of G&G shoes, but am unfamiliar with the lasts. Does anyone know how the GG06 compares to any of EG's lasts? Also, any advice on sizing? I'm an 8.5E in most EG shoes, 9D in almost anything American, and 8 in UK.

Also, how red is G&G's shell burgundy? I was hoping to get something that leans towards the brown side of the spectrum, but it seems they only offer one shell color?

I have UK 7.5E in GG06 and EG 202. In DG70 and TG73 i have UK 8E, no more EG lasts for reference.
post #7035 of 13247
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

I'm thinking about getting my first pair of G&G shoes, but am unfamiliar with the lasts. Does anyone know how the GG06 compares to any of EG's lasts? Also, any advice on sizing? I'm an 8.5E in most EG shoes, 9D in almost anything American, and 8 in UK.

Also, how red is G&G's shell burgundy? I was hoping to get something that leans towards the brown side of the spectrum, but it seems they only offer one shell color?

 


8.5E is most likely your size.  Assuming oxford type shoes, I feel opening of GG is narrower (I have high instep) for the same size as EG.  heel is smaller, toe box is wider.   GG is MH71.  EG is 82 and 888. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard